Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Couldn't install on. USB storage or SD card

OP deeteroderdas

21st January 2014, 03:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Helotes
Thanks Meter: 37
 
126 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
Is anyone here running into problems installing apps from the app store? I have been getting the following error message the past few days whenever I install certain apps, but not others: "Couldn't install on USB storage or SD card."

I researched this error message and discovered that deleting a temp file (smdl2tmp1) from the phone in one of two directories should fix it. However, that file doesn't exist anywhere on my phone.

I've gone as far as wipe my phone completely (after backing up) and reinstalling the ROM, but no good.

Still scratching my head.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
23rd January 2014, 02:49 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Same problem, I haven't been able to find a solution.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk
4th February 2014, 11:31 AM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Flag San Jose, CA
Thanks Meter: 2
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
I've got the same issue on MagioROM's latest version with all my paid apps. Very frustrating. I wonder if it's because of a firmware incompatability? I'm reading about S4 users with the same issue.
4th February 2014, 12:45 PM   |  #4  
droids@m's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 194
 
460 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toohsieh

I've got the same issue on MagioROM's latest version with all my paid apps. Very frustrating. I wonder if it's because of a firmware incompatability? I'm reading about S4 users with the same issue.

The issue is the temp files on the .android_secure...

The path on this folder is root of /sdcard

In ES Explorer make the hidden Files ON

and Delete all the contents of the .android_secure.........

try Installing the app it ll work.......
4th February 2014, 09:49 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Flag San Jose, CA
Thanks Meter: 2
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droids@m

The issue is the temp files on the .android_secure...

The path on this folder is root of /sdcard

In ES Explorer make the hidden Files ON

and Delete all the contents of the .android_secure.........

try Installing the app it ll work.......

Hey, thanks for your reply. I actually do not have that folder on my root despite enabling hidden files. Otherwise I would have tried it out since it seems to be the common solution online...

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk
5th February 2014, 12:04 AM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
I'm getting the same error "Couldn't install on. USB storage or SD card" with MagioROM R2 for ATT. I'm unable to install any paid apps.
5th February 2014, 12:18 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
same here with the MagioROM for AT&T.tried looking for that folder and it wasnt there.
5th February 2014, 06:15 AM   |  #8  
droids@m's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 194
 
460 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toohsieh

Hey, thanks for your reply. I actually do not have that folder on my root despite enabling hidden files. Otherwise I would have tried it out since it seems to be the common solution online...

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

are u searching for that folder in /root I meant /sdcard

All the phones will have that folder by default..........

Open ES Explorer it takes u directly to sdcard......

From the menu enable Hidden Files u ll be able to see that Folder right on top of everything.......
5th February 2014, 11:47 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droids@m

are u searching for that folder in /root I meant /sdcard

All the phones will have that folder by default..........

Open ES Explorer it takes u directly to sdcard......

From the menu enable Hidden Files u ll be able to see that Folder right on top of everything.......

Those hidden folders do not exist with this ROM.

I wound up just installing the Blackout Extreme 4.2.2 release. It doesn't have the issue with installing paid apps. However I did have to pull the Twitter and Instagram Blinkfeed APKs from another ROM as the Blackout Extreme ROM stripped them. The R2 MagioROM stripped Instagram for blinkfeed too (much to my annoyance).
6th February 2014, 02:42 AM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Flag San Jose, CA
Thanks Meter: 2
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelat10n

Those hidden folders do not exist with this ROM.

I wound up just installing the Blackout Extreme 4.2.2 release. It doesn't have the issue with installing paid apps. However I did have to pull the Twitter and Instagram Blinkfeed APKs from another ROM as the Blackout Extreme ROM stripped them. The R2 MagioROM stripped Instagram for blinkfeed too (much to my annoyance).

Yeah, I spent a long while hooking my phone up to various computers and operating systems attempting to figure out if the folders were just hidden in Root Explorer or ES File Explorer, but it looks like those folders just don't appear anywhere. I guess I'm switching back to Elegancia, but man, how disappointing.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes