Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,008 Members 51,820 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia Ion very bad camera quality

Tip us?

popo72
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default Xperia Ion very bad camera quality

Hi... Just bought xperia Ion (no LTE) and one of the main reason I selected it is for the camera resolution.... but with big surprise I'm just noticing that pictures are very bad... lot of noise!
Additionally the camera focus is extremely slow!.... Did anyone experience the same?... I'm on last official firmware. Maybe some mod is available.....
Any help is really appreciated....

UchihaDareNial
Old
Thanks Meter 204
Set ISO setting to 800

Sent from my LT28h using xda premium
Devices : XPERIA ION LT28h and XPERIA MINI PRO SK17i

Devices status :

XPERIA ION - Currently using latest official firmware,deodexed with small apps

XPERIA MINI PRO - Currently using a custom rom,bootloader unlocked

Obey the XDA rules!

Hit thanks button if you really wanna thanks people,don't just say the word.
The Following User Says Thank You to UchihaDareNial For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Vaith
Old
Thanks Meter 384
You can install Lovins mod. He port Xperia V camera with additional tweaks. I am using it on my SXS, focus and photo quality is much better than stock(.55)

Sent from my LT26i using xda developers-app
SE T630╠══╣SE K510i╠══╣SE K750i╠══╣SE Cybershoot™ K800i╠══╣SE Xperia X10 Mini Pro╠══╣SE Xperia Neo V╠══╣SE Xperia Arc S╠══╣SONY Xperia P╠══╣SONY Xperia S╠══╣Sony Xperia Z ╠══╣Sony Xperia Z1 ♥
The Following User Says Thank You to Vaith For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

popo72
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Thanks guys... I will try both suggestions....

0000alex0000
Old
Thanks Meter 31
i am experiencing everything same as you. sony 2012 phone cameras are all sh*t cameras.

Vaith
Old
Thanks Meter 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0000alex0000 View Post
i am experiencing everything same as you. sony 2012 phone cameras are all sh*t cameras.
Lol? Sony made the best camera in 2012. Stop challenging them and sell Sony phone if you don't like it.

SE T630╠══╣SE K510i╠══╣SE K750i╠══╣SE Cybershoot™ K800i╠══╣SE Xperia X10 Mini Pro╠══╣SE Xperia Neo V╠══╣SE Xperia Arc S╠══╣SONY Xperia P╠══╣SONY Xperia S╠══╣Sony Xperia Z ╠══╣Sony Xperia Z1 ♥

marsattack1979
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Well I have myself a brand new Xperia ZL.. n yes the quality of the camera sucks, a lot of noise n the shutter lag is kiling me

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda app-developers app

Vaith
Old
Thanks Meter 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsattack1979 View Post
Well I have myself a brand new Xperia ZL.. n yes the quality of the camera sucks, a lot of noise n the shutter lag is kiling me

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda app-developers app
So, why you don't show us this photos? I want see this "very bad" quality.

popo72
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaith View Post
Lol? Sony made the best camera in 2012. Stop challenging them and sell Sony phone if you don't like it.

Believe me....I had Xperia Arc and photos were much better...I also have Nokia N8 and pictures are just amazing! I like Xperia ION, but unless my camera has hw issues, the photos are simply very low level ones!...What is really disappointing me (along with the Jpeg noise) is the extremely slow focus during camera recording as well...also not available the touch focus!.....Anyway I m going to try the mod you suggested.....

popo72
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Just quick updating: I installed the camera mod and did some tests. In outdoor light condition autofocus is very quick and pictures are great! Indoor light condition (morning not night), camera focus seems slightly more responsive if physical picture button is used, but autofocus becomes very slow and 30% of the pictures are out of focus. I will continue in playing with setting but I have doubt I could get good behavior in indoor condition!...Anyway, reading in the network, the very slow focus problem is well known issue! (((