OP mightycoco

12th March 2014, 12:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11

53 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi,

I bought a Lumia 625 in china. It's a lower spec phone intended for my Dad (will be his first smartphone)
I bought a Windows Phone to be able to use things like the family group features and easy facebook / people hub integration (he's a smartphone noob an i don't want him to bother with different apps and stuff like that)

The phone is unloked but in settings/accounts there is a lot of stuff to add (sina weibo/soho/etc. but no facebook)
I id a hard-reset and installed all the available updates (It's now on Lumia Blak) but still there is no facebook account to add.

In settings/info it says Mobile Operator: UNI-CN (which might be China Unicom)
Even after inserting a German (o2) SIM this didn't change.

I guess I can't add an facebook account due to some provider settings (event though the phone is unlocked)

Any tips on how to get the facebook people hub integration / facebook account in settings/accounts?
12th March 2014, 06:45 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 25

122 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightycoco

Hi,

I bought a Lumia 625 in china. It's a lower spec phone intended for my Dad (will be his first smartphone)
I bought a Windows Phone to be able to use things like the family group features and easy facebook / people hub integration (he's a smartphone noob an i don't want him to bother with different apps and stuff like that)

The phone is unloked but in settings/accounts there is a lot of stuff to add (sina weibo/soho/etc. but no facebook)
I id a hard-reset and installed all the available updates (It's now on Lumia Blak) but still there is no facebook account to add.

In settings/info it says Mobile Operator: UNI-CN (which might be China Unicom)
Even after inserting a German (o2) SIM this didn't change.

I guess I can't add an facebook account due to some provider settings (event though the phone is unlocked)

Any tips on how to get the facebook people hub integration / facebook account in settings/accounts?

IIRC Chinese government blocked Facebook access, and MS must comply to local laws. Just flash a generic ROM and the option should be there...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
accounts, facebook, lumia 625, mobile operator
Previous Thread Next Thread