Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

New Droid Maxx/Ultra

OP infinit22

24th July 2013, 05:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
262 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Anyone looking into getting these devices?

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/07/23...ra-maxx-specs/

Sent from my XT926 using xda app-developers app
mentose457
24th July 2013, 05:22 PM   |  #2  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Nope. I just bought one of these.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ubuntu-edge
24th July 2013, 06:46 PM   |  #3  
scoobaspeaz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dubuque
Thanks Meter: 201
 
523 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinit22

Anyone looking into getting these devices?

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/07/23...ra-maxx-specs/

Sent from my XT926 using xda app-developers app


Even though I have always loved Motorola phones I have stayed away from them ever since they started locking the bootloaders. The only exception is the Razr HD MAXX that I own now but that was only because I was able to use Dan's unlock method to rid myself of the locked BL. I love this phone...my next phone would probably be the Motorola X if its unlocked and at 300 dollars off contract.
24th July 2013, 08:19 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
262 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobaspeaz

Even though I have always loved Motorola phones I have stayed away from them ever since they started locking the bootloaders. The only exception is the Razr HD MAXX that I own now but that was only because I was able to use Dan's unlock method to rid myself of the locked BL. I love this phone...my next phone would probably be the Motorola X if its unlocked and at 300 dollars off contract.

I'm going with a Moto X too. Just curious

Sent from my XT926 using xda app-developers app
24th July 2013, 09:52 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 26
 
196 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2007
More
Hardware buttons? No thank you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hackthis02 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th July 2013, 03:01 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 95
 
1,212 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
The hardware buttons don't bother me actually. With a 5" screen not being intruded by a nav bar, it will feel a lot bigger.

Very curious to test the performance of the new q8 processing. 8 cores dedicated to specific things. I'm sure it's fast.

Funny story I received an email from Verizon corporate regarding the new droid lineup and figured I'd call around to some stores. They were all confused thinking I was asking to test a Droid razr maxx, and that they had all been taken down last year upon release of the droid razr hd and maxx. I had to repeat my story five times until I blatantly said "sometimes you guys get new phones a few weeks before they are released, do you have a new droid ultra test unit available?!"

They all had no clue of what model I was even referring to. I'm sorry but if I worked at verizon I would know about what's coming out. It's not like I was asking about the iPhone 6 release date, sheesh



Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD
25th July 2013, 10:45 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
11 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
The Droid Maxx looks quite nice and would suffice for me.
As I live in Europe I hope it will get released here (hope it will be?!) quite soon.

The Maxx seems to fullfill all my needs:
  • big battery
  • 5" 720p - I'm not so much into 1080p(performance & battery drain)
  • decent enough hardware
  • optimized for long battery life
  • camera will be okay enough for my needs
  • price below 300




Finally I think I will get rid of my galaxy s plus
25th July 2013, 11:50 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 325
 
1,082 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
More
I'm skipping the Razr Ultra/Maxx lineup.
Not enough of an upgrade from the HD.
Marginal improvements and nothing great. At least not for my "full retail" dollar.

I'm looking at the HTC One or something else later.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tech_head For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th July 2013, 03:04 AM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
231 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_head

I'm skipping the Razr Ultra/Maxx lineup.
Not enough of an upgrade from the HD.
Marginal improvements and nothing great. At least not for my "full retail" dollar.

I'm looking at the HTC One or something else later.

Same here. I like the wireless charger, had it with a D3, and the extra battery life is always welcome, but for me there isn't enough reason to spend $700. If I were buying a new phone on contract, yea, I'd get it.

I'm waiting to see if this is the same as the X phone and if that turns out to be half the price as rumored. Motorola cutting an exclusive deal with Verizon seems to throw the whole "Don't be evil" thing out the window. My Xoom LTE still hasn't been updated and that's a Nexus device!
26th July 2013, 07:39 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 325
 
1,082 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgerbasio

Same here. I like the wireless charger, had it with a D3, and the extra battery life is always welcome, but for me there isn't enough reason to spend $700. If I were buying a new phone on contract, yea, I'd get it.

I'm waiting to see if this is the same as the X phone and if that turns out to be half the price as rumored. Motorola cutting an exclusive deal with Verizon seems to throw the whole "Don't be evil" thing out the window. My Xoom LTE still hasn't been updated and that's a Nexus device!

The problem, I see is that the X might not be coming to Verizon.
It may be on all *OTHER* carriers as not to compete on the same network. IIf the X is $300, I may for it. Then again if we get the HTC One on Verizon, I'll just keep checking Swappa and see what comes up.

Seems like to get the build quality I want, I have to give up on the SD slot.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes