Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,471 Members 42,057 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] P7500 3G keep rebooting even with factory reset

Tip us?

ericantona7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] P7500 3G keep rebooting even with factory reset

Hi all,

Here's my case,

The tab keep rebooting itself (galaxy tab - samsung logo - startup page). On the startup page it stil able to run it around 6/7 seconds and freeze then the same thing happen again.

I tried wipe all data/factory reset and wipe cache in recovery mode,but it still happen.
I wonder by factory reset all data would be deleted but still i able to view the old files from "get zip from sd card" option.

Tried Odin with usable ROM last time. Still the same.

In Mounts and Storage, there's no mount usb options for me. So cant boot from usb.

Please advice. Thanks a lot. Too many in my head now.

Eric

ericantona7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericantona7 View Post
Hi all,

Here's my case,

The tab keep rebooting itself (galaxy tab - samsung logo - startup page). On the startup page it stil able to run it around 6/7 seconds and freeze then the same thing happen again.

I tried wipe all data/factory reset and wipe cache in recovery mode,but it still happen.
I wonder by factory reset all data would be deleted but still i able to view the old files from "get zip from sd card" option.

Tried Odin with usable ROM last time. Still the same.

In Mounts and Storage, there's no mount usb options for me. So cant boot from usb.

Please advice. Thanks a lot. Too many in my head now.

Eric
think this called a boot loop. and i found this... which i do not familiar with this.

-------------------
Chapter 3 Using ADB as solution

ADB can be used to access the phone while booting, be aware that some bootloops make it unable to use ADB since they do not go further then the manufacturer logo. (In new CWM versions it’s possible to use adb)
The only tricky part about using ADB with bootloops is that you have to do it on the right time, this is different from every device, but normally it’s after the manufacturer logo that the partitions get mounted. The easiest way to enter your phone in this part is using a batch script that monitors the state of your device and connects directly when possible.

I use this script for example, called ondemand.bat (requires adb.exe and the 2 dlls)

@ECHO off cd /d %~dp0 echo. echo Waiting for device… adb wait-for-device echo. adb -d shell stop adb push mycwmfix.zip /sdcard/mycwmfix.zip adb reboot recovery

@ECHO off
cd /d %~dp0
echo.
echo Waiting for device…
adb wait-for-device
echo.
adb -d shell stop
adb push mycwmfix.zip /sdcard/mycwmfix.zip
adb reboot recovery

Linux Version (ondemand.sh):

#!/system/bin/sh echo " " echo "Wating for device..." ./adb wait-for-device echo " " ./adb -d shell stop ./adb push mycwmfix.zip /sdcard/mycwmfix.zip ./adb reboot recovery

#!/system/bin/sh
echo " "
echo "Wating for device..."
./adb wait-for-device
echo " "
./adb -d shell stop
./adb push mycwmfix.zip /sdcard/mycwmfix.zip
./adb reboot recovery

This script will wait for the device to become ready, when it’s ready it freeze the device, so the script has more time to push the file (instead of keep rebooting). Then it will push the specified cwmfix zip to your sdcard, and after that it will reboot in recovery so you can install the cwm fix you made. You can also make an batch script that pushes the files automatically to your phone, here is an example:

@ECHO off cd /d %~dp0 echo. echo Waiting for device... adb wait-for-device echo. adb -d shell stop adb -d shell su -c "mount -o remount rw /system" adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework/framework-res.apk adb -d shell chmod 644 /system/framework/framework-res.apk adb push SystemUI.apk /system/app/SystemUI.apk adb -d shell chmod 644 /system/app/SystemUI.apk adb reboot

@ECHO off
cd /d %~dp0
echo.
echo Waiting for device...
adb wait-for-device
echo.
adb -d shell stop
adb -d shell su -c "mount -o remount rw /system"
adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework/framework-res.apk
adb -d shell chmod 644 /system/framework/framework-res.apk
adb push SystemUI.apk /system/app/SystemUI.apk
adb -d shell chmod 644 /system/app/SystemUI.apk
adb reboot

Linux version:

#!/system/bin/sh echo " " echo "Waiting for device..." ./adb wait-for-device echo " " ./adb -d shell stop ./adb -d shell su -c "mount -o remount rw /system" ./adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework/framework-res.apk ./adb -d shell chmod 644 /system/framework/framework-res.apk ./adb push SystemUI.apk /system/app/SystemUI.apk ./adb -d shell chmod 644 /system/app/SystemUI.apk ./adb reboot

#!/system/bin/sh
echo " "
echo "Waiting for device..."
./adb wait-for-device
echo " "
./adb -d shell stop
./adb -d shell su -c "mount -o remount rw /system"
./adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework/framework-res.apk
./adb -d shell chmod 644 /system/framework/framework-res.apk
./adb push SystemUI.apk /system/app/SystemUI.apk
./adb -d shell chmod 644 /system/app/SystemUI.apk
./adb reboot

This script will wait for the device to become ready, when it’s ready it freeze the device, so the script has more time to push the file (instead of keep rebooting). Then it will push framework-.apk and SystemUI.apk to the directory it belongs to, after that it changes the permissions of the files to RW-R-R (644) and then it will reboot.

Please note that on some devices the command “su -c” cannot be used after using the “stop” command, it gives an error then (Segmentation Fault).
What you can do to prevent this is adding “adb remount” just under the “adb wait-for-device” line, and remove the “adb -d shell su -c “mount -o remount rw /system” line.
Save the script and run it again.

You are probably able to fix your bootloop with this guide, in some rare cases some other partitions could be damaged, then I advice you to install the stock rom (which is no .zip in most cases)
Once you master the fixing of bootloops you can fix your phone independently !

-------------------------------------

anyone know how? where do i need to put the script file to? thanks.