Question I want to use my T-Mobile LG G2 on AT&T

OP tarheeltx

11th March 2014, 02:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Amarillo, TX
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
On January 24th, 2014, I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile mainly for the price. T-Mobile is sending me a reimbursement for the early termination fee that Verizon charged.

T-Mobile service in my area isn't as good as Verizon and AT&T and I want to switch to AT&T and use my LG G2 that I got from T-Mobile.

I am planning to switch very soon after I receive the ETF reimbursement in the mail.

Will there be any problems with using my T-Mobile LG G2 when I change to AT&T? I have seen some specifications and saw some differences between the T-Mobile and AT&T G2's. Will I still be able to get good AT&T service with the T-Mobile version of the G2? I entered the IMEI# on AT&T site and it shows it's compatible, but was just wondering if it is going to have limitations.

I'm wondering if I should just sell my T-Moble LG G2 when I switch to AT&T and just buy a new phone(possibly an AT&T LG G2)
11th March 2014, 04:29 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

22 posts
More
I use my T-Mobile LG g2 without any problems on AT&T. I did the exact same thing you are doing

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to kmp542 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2014, 04:57 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Amarillo, TX
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmp542

I use my T-Mobile LG g2 without any problems on AT&T. I did the exact same thing you are doing

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thank you for the reply, are you able to get 4G LTE data and get the same voice signal as you would on the AT&T version of the phone? I just don't want to get worse service than I would get if I got the AT&T version of the phone.
11th March 2014, 06:40 PM   |  #4  
Flag Carmel
Thanks Meter: 382

979 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheeltx

On January 24th, 2014, I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile mainly for the price. T-Mobile is sending me a reimbursement for the early termination fee that Verizon charged.

T-Mobile service in my area isn't as good as Verizon and AT&T and I want to switch to AT&T and use my LG G2 that I got from T-Mobile.

I am planning to switch very soon after I receive the ETF reimbursement in the mail.

Will there be any problems with using my T-Mobile LG G2 when I change to AT&T? I have seen some specifications and saw some differences between the T-Mobile and AT&T G2's. Will I still be able to get good AT&T service with the T-Mobile version of the G2? I entered the IMEI# on AT&T site and it shows it's compatible, but was just wondering if it is going to have limitations.

I'm wondering if I should just sell my T-Moble LG G2 when I switch to AT&T and just buy a new phone(possibly an AT&T LG G2)

Wait did you just say "AT&T and I want to switch to AT&T..."? Lol. How did that convo go? You: "T-Mobile is jank! Why didn't I check coverage before I did this!?" AT&T: "Idk! Come to our network! Its what the cool kids do!" You "I don't know..." AT&T: "Oh come on! Do it! I want you too!" You: "Okay!!" And... scene.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
11th March 2014, 10:05 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 15

106 posts
The tmobile G2 is lacking LTE band 5 which AT&T uses. However my understanding is that AT&T had not deployed band 5 in many areas so there should be no issues.

I am considering doing the same.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to hal3146 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th March 2014, 07:43 AM   |  #6  
Flag Springfield, OH
Thanks Meter: 787

2,747 posts
More
I used my G2 on att and got LTE. You'll have to input the APN, but a quick Google search will help you find that. You'll have to pay the phone off or it will get blacklisted and you'll have to get T-Mobile to unlock it which shouldn't be hard once you pay it off.

Sent from my Red Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to housry23 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread