Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Wifi Tether - NAT Type 2

OP scottypeterson

24th December 2012, 12:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 192

593 posts
More
I've searched online and there seems to be no fix for this but the most recent posts for this topic is old and I figured I'd ask if there is a way around it now.

I'm using the wifi tether application to play online cod on the ps3 but the NAT is Type 3 strict which gives limitations to online play. Is there anyway to get NAT Type 2 moderate or Type 1 open with the wifi tether app?
Last edited by scottypeterson; 24th December 2012 at 05:05 AM.
24th December 2012, 06:22 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

593 posts
More
Bump
24th December 2012, 08:15 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 6,345

6,981 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypeterson

I've searched online and there seems to be no fix for this but the most recent posts for this topic is old and I figured I'd ask if there is a way around it now.

I'm using the wifi tether application to play online cod on the ps3 but the NAT is Type 3 strict which gives limitations to online play. Is there anyway to get NAT Type 2 moderate or Type 1 open with the wifi tether app?

That's a pretty specific question for this forum. You could try posting in the wiki for the app or send a PM to user TrevE who got the latest version working on Sense 4.x ROM's, and you might get better results.

Edit: I'm guessing that you've already seen this thread? Looks like they didn't get it working consistently anyway.

ramjet73
Last edited by ramjet73; 24th December 2012 at 08:21 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ramjet73 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th December 2012, 08:41 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

593 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjet73

That's a pretty specific question for this forum. You could try posting in the wiki for the app or send a PM to user TrevE who got the latest version working on Sense 4.x ROM's, and you might get better results.

Edit: I'm guessing that you've already seen this thread? Looks like they didn't get it working consistently anyway.

ramjet73

Yeah I saw that thread. I'll check out the wiki and see if there's a way. Thanks.
24th December 2012, 08:48 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 6,345

6,981 posts
More
Quote:

Yeah I saw that thread. I'll check out the wiki and see if there's a way. Thanks.

Or ask TrevE. He may have an inside track to the primary developers since he's worked on the app himself.

Good luck!

ramjet73
The Following User Says Thank You to ramjet73 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th October 2013, 08:23 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
still need a fix?
Quote:

Do you still need a fix for this? I sorted mine out yesterday. Let me know
2nd March 2014, 11:26 PM   |  #7  

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerninja85

pls i need your help on how u sort it out......pls send me an email cause i'm not always here poliseh@gmail.com
14th March 2014, 03:01 AM   |  #8  

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerninja85

i have sprint and i am having the restricted NAT type problem. i have tried for 30+ hours to fix this, but still no luck. any insight would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread