Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,791 Members 50,162 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wifi Tether - NAT Type 2

Tip us?

scottypeterson
Old
(Last edited by scottypeterson; 24th December 2012 at 05:05 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 192
Default Wifi Tether - NAT Type 2

I've searched online and there seems to be no fix for this but the most recent posts for this topic is old and I figured I'd ask if there is a way around it now.

I'm using the wifi tether application to play online cod on the ps3 but the NAT is Type 3 strict which gives limitations to online play. Is there anyway to get NAT Type 2 moderate or Type 1 open with the wifi tether app?
Device: Rooted Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 2
]
Hit that thanks button if I helped

scottypeterson
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 192
Bump
]

ramjet73
Old
(Last edited by ramjet73; 24th December 2012 at 08:21 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypeterson View Post
I've searched online and there seems to be no fix for this but the most recent posts for this topic is old and I figured I'd ask if there is a way around it now.

I'm using the wifi tether application to play online cod on the ps3 but the NAT is Type 3 strict which gives limitations to online play. Is there anyway to get NAT Type 2 moderate or Type 1 open with the wifi tether app?
That's a pretty specific question for this forum. You could try posting in the wiki for the app or send a PM to user TrevE who got the latest version working on Sense 4.x ROM's, and you might get better results.

Edit: I'm guessing that you've already seen this thread? Looks like they didn't get it working consistently anyway.

ramjet73
The Following User Says Thank You to ramjet73 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scottypeterson
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjet73 View Post
That's a pretty specific question for this forum. You could try posting in the wiki for the app or send a PM to user TrevE who got the latest version working on Sense 4.x ROM's, and you might get better results.

Edit: I'm guessing that you've already seen this thread? Looks like they didn't get it working consistently anyway.

ramjet73
Yeah I saw that thread. I'll check out the wiki and see if there's a way. Thanks.
]

ramjet73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,189
Quote:
Yeah I saw that thread. I'll check out the wiki and see if there's a way. Thanks.
Or ask TrevE. He may have an inside track to the primary developers since he's worked on the app himself.

Good luck!

ramjet73
The Following User Says Thank You to ramjet73 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gingerninja85
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default still need a fix?

Quote:

Do you still need a fix for this? I sorted mine out yesterday. Let me know

pete9110
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerninja85 View Post
pls i need your help on how u sort it out......pls send me an email cause i'm not always here poliseh@gmail.com

kbond22390
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerninja85 View Post
i have sprint and i am having the restricted NAT type problem. i have tried for 30+ hours to fix this, but still no luck. any insight would be GREATLY appreciated!!!