Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,958 Members 52,241 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

8.7m lbs beef recall question.

Tip us?

Mansevolver
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91
Default 8.7m lbs beef recall question.

If you're not familiar, then the USDA issued a class I recall for 8.7 million pounds of beef distributed to 16 states. Of course, Oregon (my state) got affected. And I'm wondering if I should honestly perceive this as a threat?

I purchased a single peporoni stick there a couple weeks back... If it so happened that was the infected beef.... I'll drop dead in a decade or so.

USDA didn't specify what was wrong with the beef. But logic dictates it was BSE (mad cow)

So... We're all going to die in about 7-10 years... I'm very worried.

I have anxiety... So I'm not doing so well...

Can anyone enlighten this situation for me? Truthfully...
Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app
I'm an Air cooling Editor, and News Editor, as well as moderator at Overclock.net. I plan to bring here, what we over there call a professional initiative. My news duties consist of reviewing deciding what constitutes as valid information, and if it is indeed "news". For air cooling, I simply moderate the air cooling thread. So desktop cooling, and news. I'll be glad to assist in any way I can.

Mansevolver
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91
Bump.

I'm an Air cooling Editor, and News Editor, as well as moderator at Overclock.net. I plan to bring here, what we over there call a professional initiative. My news duties consist of reviewing deciding what constitutes as valid information, and if it is indeed "news". For air cooling, I simply moderate the air cooling thread. So desktop cooling, and news. I'll be glad to assist in any way I can.

Mansevolver
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91
Bump

LoopDoGG79
Old
Thanks Meter 1345
Instead of worrying if you ate tainted meat, take care of the real killer that lays within. Your high anxiety. Get some help to calm your nerves.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
MY SIG

Phone SM-N900T
Rom STOCK
Baseband version UVUCNB
Recovery STOCK
Kernel STOCK

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other devices:
Nexus 7 Flo (On CleanRom 2.6! )
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Tmobile Samsung Galaxy S3

Mansevolver
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopDoGG79 View Post
Instead of worrying if you ate tainted meat, take care of the real killer that lays within. Your high anxiety. Get some help to calm your nerves.

Health is a bigger concern then anxiety. I'm still trying to see if this is a valid threat.

LoopDoGG79
Old
Thanks Meter 1345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansevolver View Post
Health is a bigger concern then anxiety. I'm still trying to see if this is a valid threat.

High anxiety IS bad for your health. So, if you worry about your health, take care of the health issue you DO have, verses something that is a very long shot of having.

MY SIG

Phone SM-N900T
Rom STOCK
Baseband version UVUCNB
Recovery STOCK
Kernel STOCK

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other devices:
Nexus 7 Flo (On CleanRom 2.6! )
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Tmobile Samsung Galaxy S3

E.Cadro
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 4792
I think your going to get a better answer from somewhere other then XDA. Have a look here they have a list of the products and a pdf file of stores by states. Distribution List PDF

Quote:
Consumers with food safety questions can “Ask Karen,” the FSIS virtual representative available 24 hours a day at AskKaren.gov. The toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) is available in English and Spanish and can be reached from l0 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday
Good luck!

stephj
Old
(Last edited by stephj; 21st February 2014 at 02:46 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 104
At least its still beef..............

Have you forgotten this already http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_me...ration_scandal

"Hey, look at this steak. You can still see the marks where the jockey was whipping it!" - Al Czervik - Caddyshack.

AttackManatee
Old
(Last edited by AttackManatee; 20th March 2014 at 02:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8
One could always elect to go vegan and never be burdened by the negative health issues concerning consuming dead animal flesh or their secretions again. Here are a couple of the many many sources of information to better understand the relationship between humans' needless use and abuse of animals and our (and the planet's) health:

Earthlings Documentary (2006)
http://earthlings.com/?page_id=32

Gary Yourofsky - Veganism Presentation (Part 1):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Weto6obyzQ

Gary Yourofsky - Veganism Presentation (Part 2) Q&A:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VMQ1ei-iz4

Peace!

veeman
Old
Thanks Meter 1514
The vegans are coming.

[IMG] upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/34/Eddard_Stark.jpg [/IMG]