FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Mom-friendly phone: Jiayu G2 or Thl T5?

10 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By andyr0ck, Junior Member on 13th March 2014, 02:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So...I'm going to buy a new phone for my mom to drag her into the 21st century and am looking circa the $100 pricepoint (edit: actually, i think the G2 is about 125 at the moment but you get the idea). The likely candidates so far are the Jiayu G2 (512MB RAM) and the Thl T5. Being a very happy owner of a G3T, I have some rather positive brand associations with Jiayu but I've also heard good things about Thl.

I realise one (the G2) is an older model with an older CPU but am wondering if anyone has any experience of the (budget-focussed) T5 so far? And if so, have they also had some hands-on with the G2 to be able to make a comparison? What's the build quality of Thl gear like?

One major concern is that newer phones are all using JB which is more RAM-hungry and in a phone with only 512, I'd rather run an older Android version. This is for my mother, she's not going to be super fussed about new features, keeping application compatibility etc. I also feel she'd probably appreciate a 4inch screen opposed to the 4.7 of the T5 so am currently leaning towards the G2. What do you think..?

cheers in advance for any opinions!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)