Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,606 Members 47,192 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to install d2att roms on d2can?

Tip us?
 
Ketros
Old
(Last edited by Ketros; 23rd February 2014 at 07:09 AM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 22
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default [Q] How to install d2att roms on d2can?

I have had a problem, I want to install aokp for my GS3 Model Sgh-1747m but I have not seen a single tutorial on how to do so. I am new to the forums and I have some understanding of how Root and Android work(My phone is rooted). I would like someone to show me how to add the aokp rom without any worries. This would be greatly appreciated.

My phone: Samsung Galaxy S III (Android 4.3)
Model: Sgh-1747m
Carrier: Bell
 
audit13
Old
#2  
audit13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 352
Posts: 2,176
Join Date: Jun 2012
Are you on stock 4.3 ROM? Do you have any warranty left on your phone?

If you still have warranty and you're running a stock 4.3 ROM, you will void your warranty by flashing a custom recovery or rooting your phone.
 
hichem jerbi
Old
#3  
hichem jerbi's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: marsa

 
DONATE TO ME
Thumbs down pfffff

Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13 View Post
Are you on stock 4.3 ROM? Do you have any warranty left on your phone?

If you still have warranty and you're running a stock 4.3 ROM, you will void your warranty by flashing a custom recovery or rooting your phone.
you did better answer his question than to speak about warrantly,,,pffff
 
audit13
Old
#4  
audit13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 352
Posts: 2,176
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hichem jerbi View Post
you did better answer his question than to speak about warrantly,,,pffff
Feel free to answer his question. Please tell him what to do
 
aybarrap1
Old
#5  
aybarrap1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 152
Posts: 560
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketros View Post
I have had a problem, I want to install aokp for my GS3 Model Sgh-1747m but I have not seen a singe tutorial on how to do so. I am new to the forums and I have some understanding of how Root and Android work. I would like someone to show me how to add the aokp rom without any worries. This would be greatly appreciated.

My phone: Samsung Galaxy S III (Android 4.3)
Model: Sgh-1747m
Carrier: Bell
SEARCH engines are your friend. (WARNING: Some reading is required)

Sent from my awesome phone.
 
Ketros
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 22
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by aybarrap1 View Post
SEARCH engines are your friend. (WARNING: Some reading is required)

Sent from my awesome phone.
I have searched I have already rooted my phone but all I am being told is to change the build.prop from d2Can to d2att

I don't want to do that because if I do I won't have another phone to use so I want to see someone do it so I can do it as well
 
jmppe3
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 30
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketros View Post
I have searched I have already rooted my phone but all I am being told is to change the build.prop from d2Can to d2attl
I didn't manually change the build.prop but i installed the d2att version of TWRP 2.6.3.1 and that allowed me to install d2att ROMs (I chose Quantum ROM). When First I tried the d2can TWRP (which I got from Goo Manager) and I couldn't install the ROM. Updating to the d2att TWRP fixed that.
 
Ketros
Old
(Last edited by Ketros; 23rd February 2014 at 08:13 AM.)
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 22
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmppe3 View Post
I didn't manually change the build.prop but i installed the d2att version of TWRP 2.6.3.1 and that allowed me to install d2att ROMs (I chose Quantum ROM). When First I tried the d2can TWRP (which I got from Goo Manager) and I couldn't install the ROM. Updating to the d2att TWRP fixed that.
How do I get the d2att version of TWRP and install AOKP 4.4, will I need to unlock the bootloader or something? If so how do I do that?
 
bdithug
Old
#9  
bdithug's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 169
Posts: 710
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Burlington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketros View Post
How do I get the d2att version of TWRP and install AOKP 4.4, will I need to unlock the bootloader or something? If so how do I do that?
I did the same with my d2can. I installed the d2att version of twrp and can now flash d2att roms with no issues. Download goomanager from play store, and instead of letting it detect your phone model (d2can), manually select d2att and install. That's what I did.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
 
audit13
Old
#10  
audit13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 352
Posts: 2,176
Join Date: Jun 2012
This might help: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2538991.

I have never used this method but it may be worth a read.

Tags
root, samsung galaxy s3
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes