[Q] Need RUU for vodap102 with Hboot 1.56 S-On

Search This thread
P

Phony B

Hi folks,

i am in real trouble with my m7. I am on Hboot 1.56 s-on and cant OS nor Recovery. I tried to flash custom and stocl recovery several time, but it will not work. The fastboot only shows "active cmd line overflow" in red letters. Think the data partition is broken. So the only solution would be an official RUU for Vodap102 AND hboot 1.56 but i cant find it anywhere.

Could somebody provide me a copy or help me to find another solution?

Thank you very much

mb_guy

Sep 6, 2008
Winnipeg
Hi folks,

i am in real trouble with my m7. I am on Hboot 1.56 s-on and cant OS nor Recovery. I tried to flash custom and stocl recovery several time, but it will not work. The fastboot only shows "active cmd line overflow" in red letters. Think the data partition is broken. So the only solution would be an official RUU for Vodap102 AND hboot 1.56 but i cant find it anywhere.

Thank you very much

Read this thread. Doesn't look good for you
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2549252

:(

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Hi folks,

Thank you very much

Can't offer a solution, unfortunately :( , but if you could share what you flashed/installed/etc. (including links, name and version of recovery, and a fastboot getvar all excluding IMEI, etc.) maybe it could help others avoid where are you at now :crying:

maybe even eventually find a solution? can't really say :(

and it's not the /data partition, seems the misc partition is (at least one) of the culprits.

harshdev

Mar 6, 2010
Can't offer a solution, unfortunately :( , but if you could share what you flashed/installed/etc. (including links, name and version of recovery, and a fastboot getvar all excluding IMEI, etc.) maybe it could help others avoid where are you at now :crying:

maybe even eventually find a solution? can't really say :(

and it's not the /data partition, seems the misc partition is (at least one) of the culprits.

Hi @nkk71 I stumbled upon this problem today. My phone was having 6% battery and as soon as I hooked up the charger it showed me "active cmdline overflow" error. So in fastboot I ran command
"fastboor erase cache" and it fixed. However now I am concerned after reading your thread. Have I messed up some partition? However this error only pops up when I use a custom kernel or my charge is below 10%.

I am on hboot 1.54 | firmware 3.62.1700.1 | OS GPE 4.4.2 | S-OFF and UNLOCKED Bootloader.

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Hi @nkk71 I stumbled upon this problem today. My phone was having 6% battery and as soon as I hooked up the charger it showed me "active cmdline overflow" error. So in fastboot I ran command
"fastboor erase cache" and it fixed. However now I am concerned after reading your thread. Have I messed up some partition? However this error only pops up when I use a custom kernel or my charge is below 10%.

I am on hboot 1.54 | firmware 3.62.1700.1 | OS GPE 4.4.2 | S-OFF and UNLOCKED Bootloader.

As far as I know, the usual cause for "active cmdline overflow" is something to do with a "bad" kernel (boot.img)... not saying the kernel you're using is bad, maybe just has some bugs or is incompatible with your ROM.

And since you're saying it only happens on custom kernel and/or low battery, I don't think anything is messed up.

The other guys, which even after full RUU, still had "active cmdline overflow" couldn't get passed bootloader... nothing!, no stock recovery, no custom recovery, no ROM... nada, nothing... even a factory reset in bootloader would cause bootloop back to bootloader.

So I think you should be ok.

Reactions: harshdev

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

As far as I know, the usual cause for "active cmdline overflow" is something to do with a "bad" kernel (boot.img)... not saying the kernel you're using is bad, maybe just has some bugs or is incompatible with your ROM.

And since you're saying it only happens on custom kernel and/or low battery, I don't think anything is messed up.

The other guys, which even after full RUU, still had "active cmdline overflow" couldn't get passed bootloader... nothing!, no stock recovery, no custom recovery, no ROM... nada, nothing... even a factory reset in bootloader would cause bootloop back to bootloader.

So I think you should be ok.