FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

Serious Issue - Recovery Mode

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By westerndevon, Junior Member on 13th March 2014, 11:04 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
My wife's S5830i is running stock rom but has a broken home button

I've been trying to put into recovery mode but can't with any key combo nor can I find an app to do so that doesn't require SuperUser installed

I need to be able to get her phone updated asap if anybody can help please?
 
 
13th March 2014, 12:46 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
You can do so by using android debug bridge google how to do that

Sent from my GT-S5830i using xda app-developers app
13th March 2014, 12:51 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Łódź
Thanks Meter: 442
 
More
Hello!

Nope. Software recovery reboot require root permissions. Recovery command:
Quote:

reboot recovery

Try to root phone with SuperOneClick and different exploits from net.

Best regards.
13th March 2014, 02:30 PM |#4  
RevolutionBolt's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Absolado Kitkat
Thanks Meter: 157
 
More
Hey ! Dont you please dont answer this question even this question on general section :sly:

This should be at Q&A section . On Q&A got most best answer from any dev

Next time, read properly FORUM RULE and all will u be know of all that

Sent from Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 that can running XDA
13th March 2014, 06:18 PM |#5  
amolgosavi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag *MUMBAI*
Thanks Meter: 160
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by westerndevon

My wife's S5830i is running stock rom but has a broken home button

I've been trying to put into recovery mode but can't with any key combo nor can I find an app to do so that doesn't require SuperUser installed

I need to be able to get her phone updated asap if anybody can help please?

Try with cwm app or any other app..

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2
13th March 2014, 06:31 PM |#6  
Envy-X's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Derby, England
Thanks Meter: 817
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amolgosavi

Try with cwm app or any other app..

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

This is the stupidest answer by far.
The Following User Says Thank You to Envy-X For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th March 2014, 06:58 PM |#7  
amolgosavi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag *MUMBAI*
Thanks Meter: 160
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy-X

This is the stupidest answer by far.

I m always try to help others..not like you..always you dont have anything..only stupid quitions and stupid answer only this is your reply for all.
Always try to help others ..if you are thinking that all are noobs then you are also BiG NooB..who have atitude for all the time..
Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2
14th March 2014, 04:03 AM |#8  
Hitesh2626's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag ☆◢Mumbai◣☆
Thanks Meter: 1,441
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amolgosavi

I m always try to help others..not like you..always you dont have anything..only stupid quitions and stupid answer only this is your reply for all.
Always try to help others ..if you are thinking that all are noobs then you are also BiG NooB..who have atitude for all the time..
Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Not acceptable reply, if you think your reply to the OP was correct than read it once again ,
OP's HOME Button is not working then how can he will follow what you said ? like trying CWM
I think you understood what i said .
The Following User Says Thank You to Hitesh2626 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th March 2014, 07:24 AM |#9  
amolgosavi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag *MUMBAI*
Thanks Meter: 160
 
More
I think u dont understand my reply...i said cwm APP...from cwm APP u dont want to press home button for going to recovery..

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2
14th March 2014, 08:35 AM |#10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
But you need the button in recovery !

Envoyé depuis mon GT-S5830i avec Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Cakawuete For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th March 2014, 08:37 AM |#11  
amolgosavi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag *MUMBAI*
Thanks Meter: 160
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakawuete

But you need the button in recovery !

Envoyé depuis mon GT-S5830i avec Tapatalk

Yes..but he only asked for how to go in recovery.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes