In this tutorial i will show you how to integrate the recovery into a custom rom.
This way users will not have to install it separately
- You must know how to build a custom rom using Android Kitchen.
- You must know how to edit an updater-script using Notepad++.
- The WORKING folder of your rom (the one you get from the android kitchen when you extract system.img or zip folder or system.tar).
- The recovery's flashable zip.
For this tutorial i am gonna use the PhilZ Touch CWM as example but this method is universal for all recoveries.
So, let's start:
1. Create in the kitchen's WORKING folder, a new folder and name it system2 (in your case working folder's name is gonna be different).
2. Extact the recovery's system folder contents into the system2 folder (the one previously created).
3. From the recovery's META-INF folder open, using Notepad++, the updater-script.
In my case looks like this:
4. Before proceeding, let me explain what is going on with the following lines:
----- package_extract_dir(” “, “/”) – This command extracts all the files from the folder mentioned inside first quotation to the directory inside second quotation. -----
So since you created a new folder named system2, the above lines should be edited and look like this:
5. Now open, using Notepad++, the updater-script for your rom.
6. Now copy the edited lines from the recovery's updater-script into the updater-script of your rom (add them at the bottom). Remove the show_progress lines. Now save the file.
7. Now you can build your rom and enjoy the integrated recovery!
8. Happy rom building