Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

[TOOL] Deadly Venom KitKat Magic Tool (Install 4.4.2 Roms) Now easier with SS 3.72 KK

OP rebel1699

14th March 2014, 02:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oklahoma
Thanks Meter: 1,233

1,683 posts
More
Since 4.4.2 NB1 was released, those with locked bootloaders have been stuck with either upgrading to NB1 and losing root and Safestrap,or remaining on 4.3 MK2 and missing out on the upgrade fun. Well, this is a solution for both instances. I was made aware of a process the Note 3 was using to upgrade to 4.4.2 rooted roms with the existing version of Safestrap. After some study and alot of building, testing and modification, it is all ready.

It is called Deadly Venom KitKat Magic Tool

Disclaimer: You are trying this on your own free will. This process can be potentially damaging to your device if done carelessly or incorrectly. The risk is all yours.

Version 1 is for those that already took the NB1 update.

First, follow the thread here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2663545 to revert your system back to MK2. You can then root, and install Safestrap. Be sure to hit thanks on @ted77usa post.

Downloads

Nb1-Safestrap Kit- http://d-h.st/p12

Safestrap 3.72 beta-- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=45693712

Download all files, and extract them somewhere on your desktop.

Download a pre-rooted 4.4.2 rom (SEE POST #2 FOR COMPATIBLE ROMS and place on your external sd.

Reboot into SS, and wipe all except external sd. Install your pre-rooted 4.4.2 rom, and flash nb1 modules. Tap "Home". Enter reboot menu, and choose download.

Now open Odin on your pc, and add the NB1 tar files ap>>ap bl>>bl cp>>cp. Hit start. Once finished, it will reboot, You should now boot into a rooted 4.4.2 KK rom.

NOTE- Once 4.4.2 is installed, download Safestrap 3.72. Install and open. Uninstall recovery, and then install recovery. Your SS is now compatible with 4.4.2. The only time you will need the mk2 files beyond this is when reverting to an mk2 system.

If you are already on an existing 4.4.2 rom, then uninstall 3.71 Safestrap app, and install 3.72 beta. Open, uninstall recovery, and then install recovery. Safestrap is now updated on your system.

Version 2 is for those that DID NOT take the NB1 update, and are still on a full MK2

Downloads

MLD/MK2-safestrap kit- http://d-h.st/LyA

Download all files, and extract them somewhere on your desktop.

Safestrap 3.72-- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=45693712

Download a pre-rooted 4.4.2 rom (SEE POST #2 FOR COMPATIBLE ROMS and place on your external sd.

Reboot into SS, and wipe all except external sd. Install your pre-rooted 4.4.2 rom, and flash mld modules. Tap "Home". Enter reboot menu, and choose download.

Now open Odin on your pc, and add the MLD tar files ap>>ap bl>>bl cp>>cp. Hit start. Once finished, it will reboot, You should now boot into a rooted 4.4.2 KK rom.

NOTE- Once 4.4.2 is installed, download Safestrap 3.72. Install and open. Uninstall recovery, and then install recovery. Your SS is now compatible with 4.4.2. The only time you will need the mk2 files beyond this is when reverting to an mk2 system.

If you are already on an existing 4.4.2 rom, then uninstall 3.71 Safestrap app, and install 3.72 beta. Open, uninstall recovery, and then install recovery. Safestrap is now updated on your system.

After flashing the MLD or NB1 modules, it will say there is no system installed when trying to reboot from safestrap. Dont worry about it, it will boot fine.

Thanks: @ted77usa - Lots of encouragement, ideas and help. @Venom0642 - For a great Venom Rom to test with! @jeboo - Helped out with bypasslkm, which got us through while working on this @muniz_ri for the full Odin nb1 files
@Surge1223 -Great advice @Hashcode - For the amazing SafeStrap @Maribou - Tester @dave5777 - Tester @John The Rhino -Tester @pendragon11 - Tester @aasanders617 - For pointing me to the note 3 threads

Special extra thanks to @Hashcode for recognizing our progress and taking the time to provide the KK compatible Safestrap 3.72 beta. It makes flashing these roms SO much easier!!!
Last edited by rebel1699; 2nd April 2014 at 11:40 PM.
The Following 84 Users Say Thank You to rebel1699 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th March 2014, 02:09 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oklahoma

1,683 posts
More
Compatible ROMS

In an effort to conserve space on the forum, @guut13 will be listing all the compatible roms for Deadly Venom KitKat Magic Tool in his extremely comprehensive thread. Be sure to tap the thanks button in his thread!!!

[INDEX] All things AT&T MK2 and NB1 (including ROMs) [updated 3.12.14]

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2616221

Thanks to @guut13 for listing these roms!

ROM DEVELOPERS If you would like to make your 4.4.2 TW based roms compatible with this tool, please pm me.Its really no more than an updater-script edit. More choices for users is the aim. Thank-You so much!!!
Last edited by rebel1699; 14th March 2014 at 05:24 AM.
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to rebel1699 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th March 2014, 02:10 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oklahoma

1,683 posts
More
ROM updater-scripts
Shostock v5.0 edited updater-script
https://db.tt/q3KDP2Fr

Sammy Deluxe S4 rom S5 edition edited updater script
https://db.tt/gP6K2kAT

Vision X -- XXUFNBH
Vision X -- VJUFNC1
Vision X -- XXUFNC4
Vision x -- XXUFNC9
Sammy Deluxe S5 version F
Sammy Deluxe version G
Blazed Galaxy TW -- UVUFNB4
Project S5 v 1.0
Skyfall -- XXUFNBH
Skyfall -- UCUFNB1
Goldeneye v28
Goldeneye v29
Sammy Deluxe Version I
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...&usp=drive_web
(thanks to @guut13 for these)
Last edited by rebel1699; 2nd May 2014 at 02:48 AM.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to rebel1699 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th March 2014, 02:14 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Fog City
Thanks Meter: 3,906

2,409 posts
Donate to Me
More
@rebel1699 Awesome bud.... welcome to Deadly Venom Team Safestrap Devision per @Venom0642 approval.....[emoji106]

EDIT :
Just incase u guys would like to check what bootloader u have Download Terminal Emulator from Play Store ..... type these code and it would tell u what bootloader you have on your phone. ...coz sometime u flashed too much u forgot what u have.....[emoji41][emoji106]

Code:
su
Code:
getprop  ro.bootloader

Swyped From MK2 Dark Venom SS Edition
Last edited by ted77usa; 23rd May 2014 at 09:49 AM.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ted77usa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th March 2014, 02:19 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Laramie, Wyoming
Thanks Meter: 5,683

4,806 posts
Donate to Me
More
Lets Get This Rolling! @rebel1699
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Venom0642 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th March 2014, 02:38 AM   |  #6  
Flag Oklahoma City
Thanks Meter: 609

537 posts
More
Deadly Venom KitKat Magic Tool All-In-One Files. For Odin and Heimdall

These are just the files @rebel1699 provided in the KKMT NB1 files folder.
Instead of them being split into multiple md5 files that needed to be put in multiple slots, I combined them all into a single md5 file, and a single tar.gz that can be put in the PDA slot in Odin, or loaded as a Heimdall firmware file.
The original md5 files were:
  • ap_nb1_test.tar.md5
  • bl_nb1_test.tar.md5
  • cp_nb1_test.tar.md5

Odin combined files can be found here

Heimdall combined files can be found here

Boot images for Odin [md5]

These are the extracted boot.img's from MK2 and NB1 in md5 format for Odin.

MK2 boot.img

NB1 boot.img
Last edited by Maribou; 28th April 2014 at 04:52 PM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Maribou For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th March 2014, 03:03 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 3

15 posts
If I'm on MF3 will it still allow me to flash the 4.4.2 ROM or will I first have to upgrade to MK2?

Great work though!!
14th March 2014, 03:24 AM   |  #8  
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockshot2

If I'm on MF3 will it still allow me to flash the 4.4.2 ROM or will I first have to upgrade to MK2?

Great work though!!

Your need to upgrade to MK2 first...

At this point MK2 is likely the better of the two (outside of the old Loki-compatible basebands) due to the larger number of ROM's and the kernel bypass that works because of Saferoot. Safestrap also works great on MK2, still no progress on the kexec that Hash is working on though.
The Following User Says Thank You to NighthawkXL For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th March 2014, 03:25 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oklahoma

1,683 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockshot2

Great work though!!

You have to be on MK2, at least. Sorry.
14th March 2014, 03:32 AM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Fog City
Thanks Meter: 3,906

2,409 posts
Donate to Me
More
Mk2 user confirmed with FULLY WORKING.... WIFI FIXED thanks to @pendragon11 ....[emoji106]

Swyped From MK2 Dark Venom SS Edition

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ted77usa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread