Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,276 Members 38,173 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] [LoA] Complete Linux Installer

Tip us?

zacthespack
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1,750

DONATE TO ME
Default [APP] [LoA] Complete Linux Installer

LinuxonAndroid is an on going project to bring a range of Linux distrobutions to Android devices, as the project has developed the team has grown and clear parts of the project have developed.

This thread has been created to handle development of the app itself, other parts of the project (Linux images, bootscripts etc) will have there own threads to talk about these sections and avoid confusions as the old thread has grown to 200+ pages.

XDA:DevDB Information
Complete Linux Installer, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
zacthespack

Version Information

Created 2014-06-07
Last Updated 2014-06-07
The Following User Says Thank You to zacthespack For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zacthespack
Old
Thanks Meter 1,750

DONATE TO ME
Default Reserved

zacthespack
Old
Thanks Meter 1,750

DONATE TO ME
Default Reserved

romskii
Old
Thanks Meter 238
Could be interesting

Gesendet von meinem SGP321 mit Tapatalk

<--- Scan the QR Code for more information

Official BaNks GApps Mirror - here (MediaFire)
Googy Kernel Team Member

robherc
Old
Thanks Meter 82

DONATE TO ME
Yay, reorganized forums

Casey Walt
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default droid bionic

can this work with a linux distro and the bionic hdmi port... Now cm11 has a working hdmi port it can be like webtop.

robherc
Old
Thanks Meter 82

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Walt View Post
can this work with a linux distro and the bionic hdmi port... Now cm11 has a working hdmi port it can be like webtop.
I'm not sure about the bionic hdmi port, as I haven't played with one of those yet, but this will allow you to load a linux distro with very nearly 100% functionality, the only real limits to the linux functionality are from not being able to compiler new drivers into the kernel that's stored by android, and the potential lack of some packages/functions in the ARM versions of some linux distributions.
One thing to be aware of, however, since you mentioned CM11, is that there is a glitch caused in the current version of the Complete Linux Installer app by CM11 ROMs which causes you to need to either manually input one command line to start the bootloader script, or set up a widget on your device to do that for you (sorry, it's a CyanogenMod quirk. We're working on it, but so far it's hard to track down since only CM seems to cause it).

Casey Walt
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by robherc View Post
I'm not sure about the bionic hdmi port, as I haven't played with one of those yet, but this will allow you to load a linux distro with very nearly 100% functionality, the only real limits to the linux functionality are from not being able to compiler new drivers into the kernel that's stored by android, and the potential lack of some packages/functions in the ARM versions of some linux distributions.
One thing to be aware of, however, since you mentioned CM11, is that there is a glitch caused in the current version of the Complete Linux Installer app by CM11 ROMs which causes you to need to either manually input one command line to start the bootloader script, or set up a widget on your device to do that for you (sorry, it's a CyanogenMod quirk. We're working on it, but so far it's hard to track down since only CM seems to cause it).
Im at school so I can't test it but I'll try and report back...hope it works