FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Buying a galaxy gear

97 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By Kawaiius, Member on 6th March 2014, 07:29 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Best buy has the Galaxy Gear for 229 right now and im contemplating buying one..would it be better to wait until the Galaxy Gear 2? is it worth the upgrade...thanks guys

6th March 2014, 07:39 AM |#2  
Flag Leeds
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Well those used for around a month on eBay go for 100~ so if your wanting to try but not sure go for a used one

In my opinion best to wait for gear 2 the price of the first will drop even further. And both are similar but 2 being thinner and little sleeker

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
6th March 2014, 12:27 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by st3chn0

Well those used for around a month on eBay go for 100~ so if your wanting to try but not sure go for a used one

In my opinion best to wait for gear 2 the price of the first will drop even further. And both are similar but 2 being thinner and little sleeker

Gear 2 will be pretty useless at the beginning, due to completly new OS and once again, lack of apps. I would just go for Gear 1 at the moment, put Null there, and wait few months how's situation with the Tizen.
i don't expect anything nice though.
6th March 2014, 03:15 PM |#4  
Flag Leeds
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurdlejade

Gear 2 will be pretty useless at the beginning, due to completly new OS and once again, lack of apps. I would just go for Gear 1 at the moment, put Null there, and wait few months how's situation with the Tizen.
i don't expect anything nice though.

That is true completely forgot about the new os. Even if you are buying the 1st one I'd still wait for the price drop. Really just depends how long your willing to keep it for.

I just sold my watch after a month, have loads of other watches, dont get me wromg having the gear felt good for the first week but got bored of it after

6th March 2014, 03:27 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I was going to go get it today or tomorrow since it was 229..243 after tax or so...but if you think i should wait until the new one comes out in a month for a price drop i just may.
6th March 2014, 04:22 PM |#6  
Flag Amherst, MA
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaiius

I was going to go get it today or tomorrow since it was 229..243 after tax or so...but if you think i should wait until the new one comes out in a month for a price drop i just may.

I just picked mine up for $199.99/211.44 after tax from AT&T. You have to order online to get that price, but they honor it with in store pick up.
6th March 2014, 04:51 PM |#7  
Flag Irving, TX
Thanks Meter: 353

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckychef28

I just picked mine up for $199.99/211.44 after tax from AT&T. You have to order online to get that price, but they honor it with in store pick up.

http://www.att.com/shop/en/wireless/...ku6880642.html
6th March 2014, 05:11 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I warn you in advance if you try to use the split it onto two cards in store option, using the online system, most of the employees don't know how to do it and it takes a long time for them to actually process that.
Last edited by RikuDesu; 6th March 2014 at 05:16 PM.
6th March 2014, 05:19 PM |#9  
Flag Amherst, MA
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikuDesu

I warn you in advance if you try to split it onto two cars using the online system, most of the employees don't know how to do it and it takes a long time for them to actually process that .

I ordered online and chose Store Pick Up in the cart. No offense, but if AT&Ts store employees can't process a standard system transaction - not like I did something funny, they offered the option - that's bad training. It did take me a few extra minutes in the store because, they are still charging the $299.99, but everything turned out smooth. Just bring the card you used online and an ID.
7th March 2014, 01:16 AM |#10  
Maryland
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Best Buy matches Amazon prices that Amazon fulfills and ships. I just got one for $199 yesterday.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app
7th March 2014, 01:21 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 183

More
I will wait a little bit until the new Tizen-Gear arrive to the shelves and see if the price of the GG drops even more. My 2 cents.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)