Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,529 Members 40,289 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bluetooth headset+gear as mp3 player

Tip us?

hurdleman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Bluetooth headset+gear as mp3 player

My question is simple, but I didn't find the answer on the web.
Let say I do like running. So is it possible to connect directly bluetooth headphones to the gear to play music while I am running and not to carry GN3 with me?

dmcgeogs
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Do you not need to have the gn3 with or close to you to be able to use the gear since the gear is connected to the Phone through bluetooth?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

Unless you have music stored on the watch but I'm not sure that's possible since you can only control music on your phone from the watch

hurdleman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcgeogs View Post
Do you not need to have the gn3 with or close to you to be able to use the gear since the gear is connected to the Phone through bluetooth?

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

Unless you have music stored on the watch but I'm not sure that's possible since you can only control music on your phone from the watch

No, I have Null Rom on my gear. I would like to put some music to the gear and go running with it. I dont need Note 3 with me.
That is why I ask is it possible

hurdlejade
Old
Thanks Meter 64
i own a bluetooth headset, gear discovers it but it's unable to connect.
now this might due to some missing stuff of android. i'm still on old null 11 that works well for me so i see no reason to upgrading now, but perhaps it's possible with newer version?

i would like to be able to stream music from it as well.. running with note 3 in your pocket is not really confident. :P

highlordkram
Old
Thanks Meter 37
This would be nice but we seem to be limited on Bluetooth connectivity in the USA. I know that you can put music files and play them through the Gear's speaker, by sideloading programs like Apollo, it works really well.

teegunn
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I would like to be able to do this also. On Null rom 15 currently, have sidloaded many apps, one of which is poweramp. I can also sideload MP3's, but if I can't pair my BT headphones it doesn't do much good. Hoping someone can find a way of using BT headphones with the Gear as a stand alone.

Brendo
Old
Thanks Meter 506

DONATE TO ME
F0mey hasn't been able to get a Bluetooth profile that works for this
You can ofcourse put music on (only 4gb storage though!) and sideload a music app
Samsung Galaxy S IV (i9505) | 16GB
[ROM: Stock KK 4.4.2 | XXUFNC9 | MODEM GSM/LTE: XXUEML4/XXUFMC9 | BL: PRE-KNOX | K: ADAM | RECOVERY: PhilZ]
DOMINATION | XPOSED

OTHER DEVICES:

Google Nexus 5 | 32GB
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 (P7310) | 32Gb
[ROM: CM10.2 | CPU: 1.4ghz]
Samsung Galaxy TabPro 10.1 LTE (T525) | 16Gb

Pebble (Kickstarter)
Galaxy Gear (Null_)
Gear Live ()
Google Glass (Explorer)

--------
My Android Downloads
The Following User Says Thank You to Brendo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ahamedrafi.2000
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile Please help me out in this

I own a galaxy gear and a Bluetooth headset , i would like play music on galaxy gear and hear it on bluetooth headset. So my question is it possible to connect galaxy gear to Bluetooth headset. Pls help me out, I'm 13 yrs old so be more specific.

Thanx in advance