1. Send Text Message (SMS) using Galaxy Gear
In this trick you can send a text message sms with your Galaxy Gear without using your smartphone.
- In Galaxy Gear double press power/home key to open the S Voice feature. Blue mic icon indicates that S Voice is ready, but if the icon is not blue, touch the mic icon and say “Send message”.
- You can even give voice commands to your Galaxy Gear to perform a particular option like dialing a phone number, getting the time etc.
- After you say ‘Send message’, the Galaxy Gear will ask you the contact name to whom you want to send the SMS text message. Speak the name of the contact.
- If the contact has multiple phone numbers related to the contact you selected, you will be asked which number you wish to use. Say the label name assigned to the number. For example, "Work".
- When S Voice is ready start speaking your message.
- When you pause or stop speaking, S Voice will process the captured speech and add it to a message. The message will be displayed on the screen. If you are satisfied with the message, say "Yes." If not, say "No" to return to the dictation screen. If you return to the dictation screen, you can say "Add text," "Replace text," "Send," or "Cancel".
- The ‘Add text’ voice command will add text to your existing message. The Replace text will record a new message and discard the older one. Send voice command will send the message and ‘Cancel” will cancel the sending process.
2. Access Notifications of Galaxy Note3 In Samsung Galaxy Gear
- On your Galaxy Note 3 go to ‘Apps>Gear Manager>Settings’.
- In Notifications tap the slider to turn it ON.
- Now place a check mark against all the options for that you want a notification on your Galaxy Gear when your smartphone is on standby.
- When a notification arrives on your phone it can be viewed on Galaxy Gear.
3. Change Background Color in Samsung Galaxy Gear
You can change background color in your Galaxy Gear smartwatch. Follow the steps below.
- On the clock screen swipe towards right to access the ‘Settings’.
- On settings swipe the screen upwards to access the ‘Display’ settings.
- Go to ‘Display>Home bg Color’. Now swipe the screen left or right to see the available colors.
- Tap on desired color to apply it as background in Galaxy Gear.
4. Set Vibration Strength in Galaxy Gear
If you want to set vibration strength in Galaxy Gear then follow the steps below.
- On Galaxy Gear clock screen swipe to right (left to right) to access ‘Settings’.
- In settings options tap on ‘Sound’ option.
- Now swipe the screen upwards to access the ‘Vibration’ option.
- Tap on ‘Vibration’ and select type on vibration strong, medium or weak and click ‘OK’.
5. Find Mobile Device Using Galaxy Gear
With your Galaxy Gear you can locate your Samsung smart phone if you can’t find it nearby. This trick work only on Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3. For this trick to work your Galaxy Gear should be connected to your phone. To find the mobile device follow the steps below.
- On Galaxy Gear Clock screen swipe from left to right to access the apps.
- Tap on ‘Apps’ and keep swiping towards left (right to left) until you see ‘Find my device’.
- Tap on ‘Start’ to remotely activate the sound and turn on the display of your Samsung smartphone.
- After locating the smartphone, tap on ‘Stop’.
6. Find Galaxy Gear using Samsung Galaxy Note 3
With your galaxy note 3 you can find your Galaxy Gear if you are unable to find it. This trick will prove useful when your Galaxy Gear is lying nearby to you but is hidden. To find your Galaxy Gear via Galaxy Note 3 follow the steps below.
- Tap ‘Apps’ on the home screen and open ‘Gear Manager’ on your note 3.
- In ‘Gear Manager’ click on ‘Find my Gear’.
- Now click ‘Start’ to remotely enable the sound and turn on the display of Galaxy Gear. Galaxy Note 3 will automatically search for your Galaxy Gear.
- When found your Galaxy Gear will make a sound and display will turn on automatically.
After finding your Gear tap ‘Stop’.
7. Make Calls from Samsung Galaxy Gear
With Galaxy Gear you can make voice calls. Just use S Voice feature and say ‘Call contact name’. This voice command will automatically dial the phone number of that contact. To activate S Voice double press home/power key on your Gear smartwatch, or follow the steps below.
- Drag or slide the screen from right to left unless you see ‘Contacts’ option.
- Now tap on contacts to access contact list.
- Select the contact name and tap on it.
- When you the number tap on it to make voice call in Galaxy Gear.
These were few tips and tricks about Samsung Galaxy Gear.