Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,714 Members 46,002 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Case that will fit over OEM Wireless charging cover

Tip us?

Mr. Moe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32

DONATE TO ME
Default Case that will fit over OEM Wireless charging cover

I got the Tylt-Vu wireless charging Dock and the OEM Samsung Charging back cover for xmas. They work AWESOME together, but my I-Blason cover now does not want to fit so well on my Note 3. Does anyone know of a descent cover/protector that will fit on the Note 3 with the OEM Charging back cover?
Current: TMOBILE GALAXY NOTE 3 N900T, ASUS Transformer Prime TF201, Samsung Galxy Tab 2 10.1
Currently in retirement: MyTouch 3G , Cliq, Cliq XT, G1 x 3, Sony Xperia X10i, Xperia X10a(rooted),Samsung Vibrant, Sprint Evo 4g, Sprint Evo 3D Sprint Galaxy S3, Tmobile Galaxy Note 2

kjinmn
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moe View Post
I got the Tylt-Vu wireless charging Dock and the OEM Samsung Charging back cover for xmas. They work AWESOME together, but my I-Blason over now does not want to fit so well on my Note 3. Does anyone know of a descent cover/protector that will fit on the Note 3 with the OEM Charging back cover?
I use and like the Diztronic TPU cover. On Amazon, they offer it in a matte black, and a clear gloss. My post count is too low to post outside links here, but just search for "note 3 diztronic". Both will show up.

It fits nicely with the OEM charging battery cover.

I used the same (appropriate version) case for my Motorola Photon for 2 years, and loved it. Super durable, goes in and out of pockets easily, doesn't collect dust like silicone, and has excellent finger grip on a glossy smooth texture. That said, the gloss has better finger grip than the matte finish (though this seems counter-intuitive) in my hands. I use the clear gloss on my black note 3 and it gives it a raw aluminum color. I have seen the clear on white, and it looks white.

For under $10, it is hard to argue with.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kjinmn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FormeriPhoney
Old
Thanks Meter 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjinmn View Post
I use and like the Diztronic TPU cover. On Amazon, they offer it in a matte black, and a clear gloss. My post count is too low to post outside links here, but just search for "note 3 diztronic". Both will show up.

It fits nicely with the OEM charging battery cover.

I used the same (appropriate version) case for my Motorola Photon for 2 years, and loved it. Super durable, goes in and out of pockets easily, doesn't collect dust like silicone, and has excellent finger grip on a glossy smooth texture. That said, the gloss has better finger grip than the matte finish (though this seems counter-intuitive) in my hands. I use the clear gloss on my black note 3 and it gives it a raw aluminum color. I have seen the clear on white, and it looks white.

For under $10, it is hard to argue with.
This one? How good is the fit. I've been searching high and low for one that fits this backplate

Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Retail Packaging by Diztronic http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F3KP156/..._F-g2sb15G76CQ

kjinmn
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I see you got it!

Kj
Samsung Note 3, unmodified
Former Moderator (Not of this forum!)
Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy . . . And darned happy about it.

Samsung Note 3 - Sprint, rooted with freeza's Stockish DeOdex NABD ROM

Device History: Motorola Photon, Samsung Epic 4g, Motorola Q9C, Samsung Intrepid,
Samsung SCH-I830 / IP-830w, HTC Mogul, Compaq Aero 2100, Ipaq 3630, Cassiopeia E-100, Sharp Zaurus ZR-5000, Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500

Eric214
Old
Thanks Meter 118
I'm still looking into the wireless charging stuff but, what about the wireless charging piece you just put under your current back cover? Here's an example, maybe not this specific one but you'' get the idea.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NFC-Qi-Wirel...item485d5799cf

I mean if it fits under your current cover it should be able to use any case correct?
Current Phone

T-Mobile 32GB - Rooted Wicked v5 (TWRP 2.6.3.8)

Current Tablet
Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB 2014 Edition

Retired Phones
Galaxy S4 (VZW MDK) sold to pay for my Note 3
Droid Bionic - Traded for Note 3
Droid X - Now a WiFi phone.

FormeriPhoney
Old
Thanks Meter 771
Yes that good as well its just more convenient and consistent with the OEM backplate. I also have that one but I purchaed the techmatte one.
I go through 2 batteries a day so switching the battery and having to pull and reset the charging receiver was annoying.

votum
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormeriPhoney View Post
Yes that good as well its just more convenient and consistent with the OEM backplate. I also have that one but I purchaed the techmatte one.
I go through 2 batteries a day so switching the battery and having to pull and reset the charging receiver was annoying.
If you can't fit normal cases on its not very consistent lol.

Philly Jim
Old
Thanks Meter 332
Quote:
I've been searching for the exact same solution ...I have multiple wireless chargers , and I also have the adaptor that fit's over the oem battery , it is a pain in the but to refit the adapter for lack of a better word everytime you swap out batteries especially since I use tape to keep it secure , so I went and got the oem wireless charging backcover , love it ..... but like yourself really would like a case , or even a wrap ......pls keep me posted if you find one that fits .............By the way does that diztronics one work.......?
Current Devices
Nexus 5 32 Graviton V 3.5
Smoking Note 3 SLIM V 25
Galaxy Note 10.1 Hyperdrive
Nexus 7 32 Gig 2013 Sinless Rom V 3.2.1

kjinmn
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Jim View Post
I've been searching for the exact same solution ...I have multiple wireless chargers , and I also have the adaptor that fit's over the oem battery , it is a pain in the but to refit the adapter for lack of a better word everytime you swap out batteries especially since I use tape to keep it secure , so I went and got the oem wireless charging backcover , love it ..... but like yourself really would like a case , or even a wrap ......pls keep me posted if you find one that fits .............By the way does that diztronics one work.......?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...c#post49553998
He addressed your question at the above link.

Eric214
Old
(Last edited by Eric214; 20th January 2014 at 05:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Being serious here... but,

How in the hell do you go through 2 batteries in a day? I am still on the stock ROM Rooted with TWRP and just the bloat frozen in TiBu and i get about 10-11 hours of on screen time a day on my note 3 stock battery. I will surf the web for about 1.5 to 2 hours a day, watch my slingbox for up to 4 hours maybe 30-45 min of YouTube a day and maybe a couple hours of music. I go home with 35-40% battery. I don't use WiFi until I'm home.

Now granted i restrict data on most things in the data usage area and only sync email once an hour and i turn off location services unless i need them. I also manually update my contacts (just when i add a new contact) but i still put my phone through the ringer so to speak and can't kill it yet.
Current Phone

T-Mobile 32GB - Rooted Wicked v5 (TWRP 2.6.3.8)

Current Tablet
Galaxy Note 10.1 32GB 2014 Edition

Retired Phones
Galaxy S4 (VZW MDK) sold to pay for my Note 3
Droid Bionic - Traded for Note 3
Droid X - Now a WiFi phone.