Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Case that will fit over OEM Wireless charging cover

OP Mr. Moe

13th January 2014, 09:12 PM   |  #1  
Mr. Moe's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Chesapeake, Va.
Thanks Meter: 32
 
442 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Donate to Me
More
I got the Tylt-Vu wireless charging Dock and the OEM Samsung Charging back cover for xmas. They work AWESOME together, but my I-Blason cover now does not want to fit so well on my Note 3. Does anyone know of a descent cover/protector that will fit on the Note 3 with the OEM Charging back cover?
14th January 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #2  
kjinmn's Avatar
Member
Flag Minneapolis, MN, USA
Thanks Meter: 17
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moe

I got the Tylt-Vu wireless charging Dock and the OEM Samsung Charging back cover for xmas. They work AWESOME together, but my I-Blason over now does not want to fit so well on my Note 3. Does anyone know of a descent cover/protector that will fit on the Note 3 with the OEM Charging back cover?

I use and like the Diztronic TPU cover. On Amazon, they offer it in a matte black, and a clear gloss. My post count is too low to post outside links here, but just search for "note 3 diztronic". Both will show up.

It fits nicely with the OEM charging battery cover.

I used the same (appropriate version) case for my Motorola Photon for 2 years, and loved it. Super durable, goes in and out of pockets easily, doesn't collect dust like silicone, and has excellent finger grip on a glossy smooth texture. That said, the gloss has better finger grip than the matte finish (though this seems counter-intuitive) in my hands. I use the clear gloss on my black note 3 and it gives it a raw aluminum color. I have seen the clear on white, and it looks white.

For under $10, it is hard to argue with.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kjinmn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th January 2014, 12:51 AM   |  #3  
FormeriPhoney's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,038
 
2,659 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjinmn

I use and like the Diztronic TPU cover. On Amazon, they offer it in a matte black, and a clear gloss. My post count is too low to post outside links here, but just search for "note 3 diztronic". Both will show up.

It fits nicely with the OEM charging battery cover.

I used the same (appropriate version) case for my Motorola Photon for 2 years, and loved it. Super durable, goes in and out of pockets easily, doesn't collect dust like silicone, and has excellent finger grip on a glossy smooth texture. That said, the gloss has better finger grip than the matte finish (though this seems counter-intuitive) in my hands. I use the clear gloss on my black note 3 and it gives it a raw aluminum color. I have seen the clear on white, and it looks white.

For under $10, it is hard to argue with.

This one? How good is the fit. I've been searching high and low for one that fits this backplate

Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Retail Packaging by Diztronic http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F3KP156/..._F-g2sb15G76CQ
18th January 2014, 09:05 PM   |  #4  
kjinmn's Avatar
Member
Flag Minneapolis, MN, USA
Thanks Meter: 17
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
I see you got it!

Kj
Samsung Note 3, unmodified
19th January 2014, 12:52 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 120
 
551 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
I'm still looking into the wireless charging stuff but, what about the wireless charging piece you just put under your current back cover? Here's an example, maybe not this specific one but you'' get the idea.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NFC-Qi-Wirel...item485d5799cf

I mean if it fits under your current cover it should be able to use any case correct?
19th January 2014, 01:54 AM   |  #6  
FormeriPhoney's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,038
 
2,659 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Yes that good as well its just more convenient and consistent with the OEM backplate. I also have that one but I purchaed the techmatte one.
I go through 2 batteries a day so switching the battery and having to pull and reset the charging receiver was annoying.
19th January 2014, 04:46 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
361 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormeriPhoney

Yes that good as well its just more convenient and consistent with the OEM backplate. I also have that one but I purchaed the techmatte one.
I go through 2 batteries a day so switching the battery and having to pull and reset the charging receiver was annoying.

If you can't fit normal cases on its not very consistent lol.
19th January 2014, 04:55 AM   |  #8  
Philly Jim's Avatar
Senior Member
Broomall, Pa
Thanks Meter: 360
 
842 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormeriPhoney

Yes that good as well its just more convenient and consistent with the OEM backplate. I also have that one but I purchaed the techmatte one.
I go through 2 batteries a day so switching the battery and having to pull and reset the charging receiver was annoying.

I've been searching for the exact same solution ...I have multiple wireless chargers , and I also have the adaptor that fit's over the oem battery , it is a pain in the but to refit the adapter for lack of a better word everytime you swap out batteries especially since I use tape to keep it secure , so I went and got the oem wireless charging backcover , love it ..... but like yourself really would like a case , or even a wrap ......pls keep me posted if you find one that fits .............By the way does that diztronics one work.......?
20th January 2014, 03:33 AM   |  #9  
kjinmn's Avatar
Member
Flag Minneapolis, MN, USA
Thanks Meter: 17
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Jim

I've been searching for the exact same solution ...I have multiple wireless chargers , and I also have the adaptor that fit's over the oem battery , it is a pain in the but to refit the adapter for lack of a better word everytime you swap out batteries especially since I use tape to keep it secure , so I went and got the oem wireless charging backcover , love it ..... but like yourself really would like a case , or even a wrap ......pls keep me posted if you find one that fits .............By the way does that diztronics one work.......?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...c#post49553998
He addressed your question at the above link.
20th January 2014, 06:11 AM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 120
 
551 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormeriPhoney

Yes that good as well its just more convenient and consistent with the OEM backplate. I also have that one but I purchaed the techmatte one.
I go through 2 batteries a day so switching the battery and having to pull and reset the charging receiver was annoying.

Being serious here... but,

How in the hell do you go through 2 batteries in a day? I am still on the stock ROM Rooted with TWRP and just the bloat frozen in TiBu and i get about 10-11 hours of on screen time a day on my note 3 stock battery. I will surf the web for about 1.5 to 2 hours a day, watch my slingbox for up to 4 hours maybe 30-45 min of YouTube a day and maybe a couple hours of music. I go home with 35-40% battery. I don't use WiFi until I'm home.

Now granted i restrict data on most things in the data usage area and only sync email once an hour and i turn off location services unless i need them. I also manually update my contacts (just when i add a new contact) but i still put my phone through the ringer so to speak and can't kill it yet.
Last edited by Eric214; 20th January 2014 at 06:13 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes