Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,674 Members 37,906 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to fix your Chinese Samsung Galaxy I9220, (add google market and stuff)

Tip us?
 
da_gud_guy
Old
(Last edited by da_gud_guy; 29th September 2012 at 01:52 PM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Smile How to fix your Chinese Samsung Galaxy I9220, (add google market and stuff)

Hi,
I live in Shanghai, China. Everyone who lives here knows that any phone you purchase here , even good brands (such as Samsung etc..) will not any have google applications installed. It's almost impossible to get these phones fixed without changing their roms, which is inconveneint and dangerous. From my personal experience once you change the rom of your chinese phone to a foreign one, you will never get the optimum performance. I first purchased a Samsung Galaxy S5660 in China. It worked perfectly expect for the fact that I couldn't use any google app. After being unable to add these applications, I finally flashed some rom from Europe. Then the market etc , all google apps worked fine but the performance was bad. Battery life was really poor. Also I changed several roms after that , none of which gave me the same performance which I had with the original chinese rom.

Now I have got a new Galaxy Note (not N7000), in China it's called I9220. I ran in to the exact same problem. No market, no google , absolutely nothing!! After a lot of research I was able to fix it this morning. If you have got the same problem then follow the steps. Here is how you do it!..

(But I must warn you that I am not responsible for any damage to your phone. Please do it at your own risk).

First use this video guide below :

URL DELETED

//Since this is my first post, I am not allowed to post any links. Please go to the website rootgalaxynote.com and search for the article "how to root ics on galaxy note gt n7000 no computer required".

All credit for this vdeo goes to the guys at rootgalaxynote.

In the above guide follow both recommendations. I mean root your device and then also change your kernel to FrancoICS. Both worked on my I9220 without any problems. My phone started and it was already rooted. Also I got the Clockworkrecovery as the default recovery.

Once you have finished this task, the final task is adding all the google applications. This is quite easy and I did it myself.

1. Go to the website goo.im/gapps and download the latest ICS gapps zip file, currently it is gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip.
2. Save it to your external SD card.
3. Reboot into Clockwork recovery mode (you should know how to do this if you have already succesfully rooted your device using the above method)
4. Choose "install zip file from external sd"
5. Find the Gapps file and install it.
6. Done, and restart your phone.

You now have your Original Stock Chinese rom, but it's rooted and you have installed all google applications. Just make a google account and you can use the android market.

Even with the google market working , you cannot access many application since you are in China. If you want to be able to download all applications available in the USA for example, then you must also install marketEnabler.

Here's the link :

URL Deleted.

//Just google search market enabler, you will find it very easily.

1. After you install it, run it and choose T-Mobile (USA) and then click Fake this provider now.

Now if you use Google Market, you should be able to install or download almost any app (such as youtube, facebook, skype etc...)

I hope this is helpful to all the foreigners in China who are tortured by Chinese android phones that only come with Chinese bloatware and doesn't allow you to install any English app or access google stuff..

Good Luck!

Note : When I got my new phone today, it already had ICS so this whoe process worked for me. If your chinese I9220 isn't ICS, it's gingerbread, then don't attempt it, because it might not work.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to da_gud_guy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ghar103
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London
Thanks a lot. It works on my Samsung S7562 which bought from China.
 
keshwhatsup
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Dec 2012
i have the same phone Galaxy Note ( I9220) bought it in china, i am faced with the same problems with Google accounts and no play store i was following ur instructions on first rooting my phone using the galaxy note N7000 method without a computer but am stuck at Press Up Volume + Power + Home android system recovery how do you enter that mode?...plz help me as i bet ur phone is the same as mine
 
abhinav quietly brilliant
Old
#4  
abhinav quietly brilliant's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 234
Posts: 941
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Delhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by keshwhatsup View Post
i have the same phone Galaxy Note ( I9220) bought it in china, i am faced with the same problems with Google accounts and no play store i was following ur instructions on first rooting my phone using the galaxy note N7000 method without a computer but am stuck at Press Up Volume + Power + Home android system recovery how do you enter that mode?...plz help me as i bet ur phone is the same as mine
first switch off your phone then press the three button combination i.e. power +home +volume up and then when you see it getting started(when your phone model no. is shown up) then release the power button and continue pressing the other two buttons i.e. home +volume up

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
Happy cm user using cm since cm 6..!
baz77 Old
(Last edited by baz77; 27th December 2012 at 10:49 AM.)
#5  
Guest
Thanks Meter
Posts: n/a
lol you are funny, Franko kernel was developed at xda, he quit developing, not sure why could have been ungrateful community, Its always had lots of bugs, but if it works for you it works. I wouldnt be surprised the rest originated from xda as well.

You better be careful with cwm. zip its been known to superbrick devices. Safest way to root would be the drPhills superuser and busybox zip, flashable as a upgrade zipbfrom stock recovery.
 
maoli40
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Mar 2013
Default galaxy s7562

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghar103 View Post
Thanks a lot. It works on my Samsung S7562 which bought from China.
Hi,
i've also this phone bought in china.
did you use the files for the galaxy note to root your phone?
because i didn't find the files for the s7562.
thanks in advance for your reply.
maoli40
 
Kisses99
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 48
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default Re: How to fix your Chinese Samsung Galaxy I9220, (add google market and stuff)

good, shanghai ning.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
 
beto2051
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 17
Join Date: Mar 2013
Talking how to Root the phone galaxy note I9220? can someone help me

good afternoon
I'm new here and would like to Root my phone, but not which program to use
he and a replica of galaXY NOTE I9220 Replica note.
can someone help me?
please

this configuration and it

I 9220 PAD
Modelo: A520
android 4.0.3
Kernel 2.6.32.9
numero da versao 20120926
EMEI -1: 355128115011595
EMEI -2: 355128115011603

System Information
SDK Version: 4.0.3
ID: 20120926
OS Name: Linux
OS Version: 2.6.32.9

DEVICE
Model: A520
Product: A520
Board: Unknown
Brand: Augusta
Fingerprint: augusta/A520/a520:2.3.7/20120926/20120926:user/test-keys

CPU
Name: ARMv6-compatible
Processor rev 6 (v6l)
Current Freq: 312 Mhz
Max Freq: 1001 Mhz
Min Freq: 156 Mhz
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_gud_guy View Post
Hi,
I live in Shanghai, China. Everyone who lives here knows that any phone you purchase here , even good brands (such as Samsung etc..) will not any have google applications installed. It's almost impossible to get these phones fixed without changing their roms, which is inconveneint and dangerous. From my personal experience once you change the rom of your chinese phone to a foreign one, you will never get the optimum performance. I first purchased a Samsung Galaxy S5660 in China. It worked perfectly expect for the fact that I couldn't use any google app. After being unable to add these applications, I finally flashed some rom from Europe. Then the market etc , all google apps worked fine but the performance was bad. Battery life was really poor. Also I changed several roms after that , none of which gave me the same performance which I had with the original chinese rom.

Now I have got a new Galaxy Note (not N7000), in China it's called I9220. I ran in to the exact same problem. No market, no google , absolutely nothing!! After a lot of research I was able to fix it this morning. If you have got the same problem then follow the steps. Here is how you do it!..

(But I must warn you that I am not responsible for any damage to your phone. Please do it at your own risk).

First use this video guide below :

URL DELETED

//Since this is my first post, I am not allowed to post any links. Please go to the website rootgalaxynote.com and search for the article "how to root ics on galaxy note gt n7000 no computer required".

All credit for this vdeo goes to the guys at rootgalaxynote.

In the above guide follow both recommendations. I mean root your device and then also change your kernel to FrancoICS. Both worked on my I9220 without any problems. My phone started and it was already rooted. Also I got the Clockworkrecovery as the default recovery.

Once you have finished this task, the final task is adding all the google applications. This is quite easy and I did it myself.

1. Go to the website goo.im/gapps and download the latest ICS gapps zip file, currently it is gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip.
2. Save it to your external SD card.
3. Reboot into Clockwork recovery mode (you should know how to do this if you have already succesfully rooted your device using the above method)
4. Choose "install zip file from external sd"
5. Find the Gapps file and install it.
6. Done, and restart your phone.

You now have your Original Stock Chinese rom, but it's rooted and you have installed all google applications. Just make a google account and you can use the android market.

Even with the google market working , you cannot access many application since you are in China. If you want to be able to download all applications available in the USA for example, then you must also install marketEnabler.

Here's the link :

URL Deleted.

//Just google search market enabler, you will find it very easily.

1. After you install it, run it and choose T-Mobile (USA) and then click Fake this provider now.

Now if you use Google Market, you should be able to install or download almost any app (such as youtube, facebook, skype etc...)

I hope this is helpful to all the foreigners in China who are tortured by Chinese android phones that only come with Chinese bloatware and doesn't allow you to install any English app or access google stuff..

Good Luck!

Note : When I got my new phone today, it already had ICS so this whoe process worked for me. If your chinese I9220 isn't ICS, it's gingerbread, then don't attempt it, because it might not work.
 
Chuckkey
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Mar 2013
Default Samsung GT-S7568 China Model

Hi There.

I am new to this site but feel the solution posted would have fixed my problem had I found it before I tried messing around with ROM’s.
I have just returned from Shanghai where I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Trend GT-S7568. This model appears to only be available in china from my research. It is an original Samsung product not one of the many fakes out there.
In my attempts to get it to work with an English ROM, being the idiot that I am. I never created a backup of the system. I appear to have soft bricked the phone and I am unable to find a tool that can fix it. I am also unable to find an original stock ROM to attempt to get it back to the original Chinese firmware.
I have tried OneClick and I have also tried a firmware for the GT-S7562 (possibly what caused my current issue). I have found the Samsung official open source download page and have downloaded the correct files from there but have no idea how to prepare them to be transferred to the device as the “read me” file is not much help that came with the download.
Currently the Phone will boot into Download Mode but no matter what ROM I try The Oden Tool keeps failing at the complete Write operation.
I am hoping that I have posted this in the correct forum. If I not I am sorry but it is the closest I could find to my situation.
Any help or direction anyone may have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!
 
jeanelkhoury
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: May 2013
Default HELP !!

i followed the video from the guide How to Root ICS/Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note GT-N7000! [No Computer Required!] but when i get to the part after i enter the recovery mode and try to install the files i get an error that says :
E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted

please help i really need to do it......

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Add Timestamps to Xposed Installer Logs with… Xposed!

If talking about the most interesting projects in the last few years, we must … more

Secrecy Goes Open Source, Assures File Encryption

As some of you may remember, a while back we spoke about Secrecy, an effective file … more

[APK] Google News and Weather Gets Material Design Makeover, Minor Maps Updates

Although Google has somewhat gotten out of the habit of their … more

Software Build Automation with Jenkins – XDA Developer TV

Many members of the XDA community come to learn and begin in the exciting … more