Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Can only send one sms

OP cooldman224

14th March 2014, 03:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Arlington VA
Thanks Meter: 7

51 posts
More
I have a weird problem where I can only send one sms but when I try to send another it won't go through. I can try to send a message to another person and it won't send either. I am limited to only one. After the one, I can't send sms at all. The only fix is to reboot or toggle the data. Not sure why this started happening. I am running CM 11.0M3. I tried doing a factory reset/cache wipe in recovery and reverting to CM10.2 but didn't fix the issue. Any help would be appreciated!
14th March 2014, 05:28 AM   |  #2  
Flag Williamsburg
Thanks Meter: 14

45 posts
More
Using a TouchWiz rom is the only fix right now that I know. Many of us have the same exact issue as you, bud. I don't really think much progress has been made on fixing the issue, too. What I understand is that is actually a problem on Verizon's end.
19th March 2014, 04:33 AM   |  #3  

79 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldman224

I have a weird problem where I can only send one sms but when I try to send another it won't go through. I can try to send a message to another person and it won't send either. I am limited to only one. After the one, I can't send sms at all. The only fix is to reboot or toggle the data. Not sure why this started happening. I am running CM 11.0M3. I tried doing a factory reset/cache wipe in recovery and reverting to CM10.2 but didn't fix the issue. Any help would be appreciated!

Try flashing back to stock and doing an NVrestore (only if you've previously done an nvbackup) or reprovisioning your service using *2767*3855# then just go back to CM
19th March 2014, 04:50 AM   |  #4  
Flag Central PA
Thanks Meter: 131

543 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraptscallion

Try flashing back to stock and doing an NVrestore (only if you've previously done an nvbackup) or reprovisioning your service using *2767*3855# then just go back to CM

What stock base did you odin back to?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th March 2014, 04:54 AM   |  #5  

79 posts
I went all the way back to the root66.tar which I think was vralg1, since it was basically stock plus root so I could use the terminal out of the box.
The Following User Says Thank You to theraptscallion For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th May 2014, 01:33 AM   |  #6  
Flag Big Rock,
Thanks Meter: 118

456 posts
More
Question Same Issue but only in one area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theraptscallion

Hey everyone, I've noticed this myself but only in one small town near my house. Which may very well be verizon towered. Most towers at my house are appalachian wireless or verizon leased to appalachian or vise versa. Either way, it doesn't happen at home. Only in Grundy, VA.

I was wondering if the fix the person posted above worked, and if so couldn't I just do that from a TW 4.3 rom since it should have the dialer that does those types of things, or maybe access a hidden menu somewhere?

Thanks a bunch and my apologies for resurrecting an old thread if this one is.
9th May 2014, 03:09 AM   |  #7  

79 posts
Grundy, VA huh? Are you at Appalachian?

The fix has been permanent for me, but it requires you to go back to stock ics or jellybean, since the reprovision code doesn't work on 4.2 on up.

For the full fix, download root66 and flash it (after backing up of course). Reprovision. Open a terminal window and type reboot nvrestore. Check if you have am imei. If you don't, reprovision again, open terminal and type reboot nvbackup. Restore your backup and begin testing. The cm11 unofficial nightly thread should have similar directions in the Op.
9th May 2014, 05:30 AM   |  #8  

79 posts
Grundy, VA huh? Are you at Appalachian?

The fix has been permanent for me, but it requires you to go back to stock ics or jellybean, since the reprovision code doesn't work on 4.2 on up.

For the full fix, download root66 and flash it (after backing up of course). Reprovision. Open a terminal window and type reboot nvrestore. Check if you have am imei. If you don't, reprovision again, open terminal and type reboot nvbackup. Restore your backup and begin testing. The cm11 unofficial nightly thread should have similar directions in the Op.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread