How to root my new Note 2 i317 AT&T with 4.1.2 update?

OP nizmoz

1st January 2013, 04:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
I am having difficulty finding the thread here and I saw a few websites but not sure if I trust them. What is the best method, how-to for someone that has never rooted an android device before (done many iphones). Any good picture step-by-step procedures anywhere?

Thanks guys. I searched but had a hard time finding it here vs Google. Here is one I found, but unsure about it.

http://galaxynote2root.com/galaxy-no...asiest-method/
1st January 2013, 04:47 PM   |  #2  
Flag Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks Meter: 42

519 posts
More
Can't get any easier.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2050297

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Search before jumping and make sure you are good with returning to stock. All of this info is in the forums already.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gvndeb60 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st January 2013, 04:53 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

22 posts
Thanks but that doesn't look like a step-by-step instructions on what I was looking for. :/
1st January 2013, 05:50 PM   |  #4  
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Judgment is Coming
Mega-City One
Thanks Meter: 26,184

15,365 posts
More
Now is this how we start the new year off....OP the information has been provided, just take your time and do your homework, give attention to detail, so you do not wrong your device.

Other Members just provide as you have done, and no need to bash, Thank You all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Judge Joseph Dredd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st January 2013, 09:25 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 141

1,262 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nizmoz

Thanks but that doesn't look like a step-by-step instructions on what I was looking for. :/

I was going to say something mean but I decided not to.
1st January 2013, 09:43 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

22 posts
I still don't see instructions anywhere on that page on how to do this root. Pretty sad I am getting better responses on other Android sites than this one. Plus what I do see is his rom has issues with 4.1.2 update.
Last edited by nizmoz; 1st January 2013 at 09:46 PM.
2nd January 2013, 02:29 AM   |  #7  
Flag Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks Meter: 42

519 posts
More
Quote:

I still don't see instructions anywhere on that page on how to do this root. Pretty sad I am getting better responses on other Android sites than this one. Plus what I do see is his rom has issues with 4.1.2 update.

You amaze me but I will try one more time to help.

Look at the link I gave you in post 2. Download the app in post 1 of that thread. Install it and follow the instructions from that thread. They are there and detailed. You press a few buttons and are rooted. There is no ROM on that thread.

I say this in all seriousness and am not trying to be mean, but you need to stop and think before you move forward. If you are having trouble reading this thread and the one I linked to you, then you probably don't understand what to do without causing damage. Read, read, read, read, and then read some more before you go any further. There are also numerous threads in this forum giving detailed step by step instructions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
2nd January 2013, 02:58 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 18

90 posts
Quote:

This video might help you, it exlains the thread/app Gvndeb60 posted:

http://youtu.be/G2_zHqsC4BE
2nd January 2013, 06:04 AM   |  #9  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 3

20 posts
More
There is a guide on Android Central with videos may help too! Same for process for the 4.1.2 update.
2nd January 2013, 08:18 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 44

191 posts
More
If you are having trouble understanding All those easy steps that are laid out for you. You should do research before rooting. Some things include learning what you can do when you root your device. It won't take long if you have some background in editing your phone system. But by the looks of it your going to seriously mess up your phone. And even if you are getting better responses on other sites. If you don't learn to respect people here you will be confused because every site that talks about rooting or provides a rom will lead you back here. This community is huge so learn to embrace and read threads before attacking our fellow members.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread