Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,879 Members 43,737 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Verizon SCH-I800 stuck on Verizon logo

Tip us?

helichuck
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Verizon SCH-I800 stuck on Verizon logo

I have a Verizon SCH-I800 that is stuck on Verizon logo.

I need the stock ROM to put on the SD card so I can restore it from ythe card.
Can anyone help?

Thanks, Chuck

Deep Nox
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Over on the g tab general section there is a thread on how to restore a vzw tab back to stock. It has a link to a stock gingerbread rom. Its just above my post that the main page links are dead.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using xda app-developers app
Sent from a Galaxus tabosaurous REX from 40m below.

helichuck
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Nox View Post
Over on the g tab general section there is a thread on how to restore a vzw tab back to stock. It has a link to a stock gingerbread rom. Its just above my post that the main page links are dead.

I found it, Here is what i am seeing

E:Short write of/tmp/sideload/package.zip (no space left on device)
Installation aborted

Any ideas??

Chuck

Deep Nox
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Did you save the rom to your computer? If you did, then can you get the tab to exchange files with the computer? This way you could move the files over via usb.
If you can't connect the tab to the computer via usb, then you have a sd card reader on the computer? You could put the micro sd in a sd adapter, put in the reader, and move the zip files. Then put back into the tab, and flash.

helichuck
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default more help

Quote:
Did you save the rom to your computer? If you did, then can you get the tab to exchange files with the computer? This way you could move the files over via usb.
If you can't connect the tab to the computer via usb, then you have a sd card reader on the computer? You could put the micro sd in a sd adapter, put in the reader, and move the zip files. Then put back into the tab, and flash.

Yes, that is what I did. the error message that I got was after I told it to recover from ther SD drive.

Now I have bigger issues,

I found another package to use with the Hiemdall.
Now all I get on the screen is a picture of a phone and a picture of a computer with a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it.
Bummer

Chuck

Deep Nox
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I just had the same yellow triangle myself! I had a few problems with it, so i reflashed galaxy cubed. The computer was acting up and i ended with the yellow triangle. So, turn off the computer, then turn it back on. Wait for it to fully boot. Turn on the tab, wait for the yellow triangle. Plug into the computer. My computer beeps when something is plugged in. This lets you know the computer recognizes the tab. Then open heimdall the folder, run zadig to install the drivers. Close out, open heimdall front end and reflash. This is exactly what i did yesterday. A blue line should apear as it progresses under the yellow triangle.

helichuck
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I just had the same yellow triangle myself! I had a few problems with it, so i reflashed galaxy cubed. The computer was acting up and i ended with the yellow triangle. So, turn off the computer, then turn it back on. Wait for it to fully boot. Turn on the tab, wait for the yellow triangle. Plug into the computer. My computer beeps when something is plugged in. This lets you know the computer recognizes the tab. Then open heimdall the folder, run zadig to install the drivers. Close out, open heimdall front end and reflash. This is exactly what i did yesterday. A blue line should apear as it progresses under the yellow triangle.

OK i did that,

It says begining session...
then it says releasing device interface..

That is as far as it gets.
Chuck

Deep Nox
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Is the tab fully charged? Try plugging it in and leaving it overnight. Then try again.

helichuck
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default More Help

Quote:
Is the tab fully charged? Try plugging it in and leaving it overnight. Then try again.

Well, I left it overnight and I just now ran the flashing procedure, it looked like it worked just fine, it went through all the steps and said it completed all the steps and released the device. But it will not power on, it is just blank, I can't do anything to get it to respond.
Any ideas??

Thanks,
Chuck

Deep Nox
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Well, are positive you flashed the right rom for your tab? The wrong rom = brick. If you did, the only thing i can think it could be a bad battery. I don't know how to check the battery. Can you get into recovery?