Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Installation aborted

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By chiew92, Junior Member on 22nd March 2014, 10:11 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi everyone,sorry to disturb y'all here
But I have some questions over here
Currently I am using the Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i model and I flashed the Ace-I-Sure rom for quite some time ago.
But now i wanted to try another rom,so I downloaded the new rom and put it in my sd card,wipe cache,dalvik,factory reset and everything according to the instructions given by the rom creator,somehow when the device is tryong to open the package,suddenly the installation was aborted. So I try to perform it again,but it's still the same,what is the problem actually? Do i have to flash back to stock rom before flashing a new custom rom? (I was thinking of CM7 or Adrenaline ROM). Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance

P/s : I am a noob newbie here,if there's anything that I did wrong while I am posting this,I am sorry

22nd March 2014, 10:43 AM |#2  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiew92

Hi everyone

you should flash the stock rom first. then try flashing the Rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to adisawant For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adisawant Ad-Free
22nd March 2014, 03:51 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 387

More
Quote:

Hi everyone,sorry to disturb y'all here
But I have some questions over here
Currently I am using the Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i model and I flashed the Ace-I-Sure rom for quite some time ago.
But now i wanted to try another rom,so I downloaded the new rom and put it in my sd card,wipe cache,dalvik,factory reset and everything according to the instructions given by the rom creator,somehow when the device is tryong to open the package,suddenly the installation was aborted. So I try to perform it again,but it's still the same,what is the problem actually? Do i have to flash back to stock rom before flashing a new custom rom? (I was thinking of CM7 or Adrenaline ROM). Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance

P/s : I am a noob newbie here,if there's anything that I did wrong while I am posting this,I am sorry

The reason you are getting the error "Installation Aborted" could be because the rom package must be corrupted. Try downloading it again. If you still have this error, it could be a problem with the rom itself. In that case, you can install another custom rom from the recoverymod. You don't have to flash stock rom before flashing a new one as this was an error caused by the new rom and not your device. If you still can't install any of the other rom, then you can install stock using odin. Do post your results. Hope I Helped
The Following User Says Thank You to mahithm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mahithm Ad-Free
24th March 2014, 04:50 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up Thanks
Quote:

you should flash the stock rom first. then try flashing the Rom.
always better to search for issues before making new threads

Quote:

The reason you are getting the error "Installation Aborted" could be because the rom package must be corrupted. Try downloading it again. If you still have this error, it could be a problem with the rom itself. In that case, you can install another custom rom from the recoverymod. You don't have to flash stock rom before flashing a new one as this was an error caused by the new rom and not your device. If you still can't install any of the other rom, then you can install stock using odin. Do post your results. Hope I Helped

Thanks a lot peeps,I've reset my phone using odin and it's a stock phone now,however now something else happens,i can't read my sim contacts on the phone after installing

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1862253&highlight=acecream+v1+1 this rom, it's a nice rom,but I cant extract or import my sim contacts to the phone,i can only import them from sd card with the contacts backup i initially backed up,is there anyway I could fix this? FYI : I removed all SNS contacts from Gmail and facebook Thanks again
24th March 2014, 08:23 PM |#5  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:

Thanks a lot peeps,I've reset my phone using odin and it's a stock phone now,however now something else happens,i can't read my sim contacts on the phone after installing

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1862253&highlight=acecream+v1+1 this rom, it's a nice rom,but I cant extract or import my sim contacts to the phone,i can only import them from sd card with the contacts backup i initially backed up,is there anyway I could fix this? FYI : I removed all SNS contacts from Gmail and facebook Thanks again

the rom might not be supporting sim contacts yet.. try asking it in the rom thread..
The Following User Says Thank You to adisawant For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adisawant Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)