Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,692 Members 40,724 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Paranoid Floyd. What are suggestions to cover or disable front camera?

Tip us?

oscarthegrouch
Old
(Last edited by oscarthegrouch; 14th March 2014 at 08:58 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 324
Default Paranoid Floyd. What are suggestions to cover or disable front camera?

Most readers will probably think I wear a tin foil hat, but many of the current things I've been reading, lead me to think that the powers that be can activate the front camera on phones and or laptops for unscrupulous reasons, if they want to. Me believing that the NSA are spooks that do whatever they want, whenever they want, has brought me to the point that I've decided to block or disable the front camera, since I use my phone a lot. Much more than a laptop. Any one have suggestions on how to cover the front camera if you have a case, yet make it easy enough to remove if you want to take a selfie? I have a speck candyshell grip case and a mime tempered glass screen protector.

kaos420
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1586

DONATE TO ME
Electrical tape.

Sent From My 0x1 Note 3.i love tep....
Phone: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rom: Kit Kat 4.4.2 Prl: 16015 With 3G Roaming Kernel: Lean SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC Class 10
Tablet: Asus TF300T 32GB Internal with Dock Rom: CROMi-X 5.3 Kernel: Hundsbuah SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC CLass 10
Retired Devices Galaxy SIII / HTC Evo 4G Lte / HTC Evo 3D / HTC Evo 4G / HTC touch Pro 2 / HTC Touch Pro / HTC Diamond / HTC Vouge / HTC Hero / HTC Mogul / HTC apache
The Following User Says Thank You to kaos420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]