few thing I noticed about my Alcatel One touch T'Pop 4010x.

26th September 2013, 02:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

151 posts
Have anyone found any custom roms or kernels for your pop , I have a alcetel t pop and my family have another 2 , low spec mt6575 powervr 512ram 150mb rom,my own was locked to virgin till I unlocked it , u have to use nck and spck codes to permanently unlock it or it needs code every sim change and some reboot, but I used rua1's guide to install cwn with mobile uncle.apk but rooting I used e root it Chinese but its never failed me yet,but really where to find a Rom for t pop aka 4010x, also with my virgin brand phone couldnt change sms notifications wouldnt change, after looking at the build props of mine branded and my family unbranded ones , I noticed. In the branded ringtone sms/mms and normal Notifications,build prop ro.config.ringtone/notifications etc was in build prop twice , once in alcetel orignal and once in virgin added bit,so just delete One sets of build prop lines and u can set ringtone and sms mms notifications sounds ,just heads up peeps and if any can help point to a ics or jb Rom for 4010x makes me well happy

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by darkmash; 26th September 2013 at 02:33 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darkmash For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd December 2013, 07:58 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Would you do me a favour and back up your stock rom? then upload it since my phone is brick, so that i can restore the stock rom with your back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmash

Have anyone found any custom roms or kernels for your pop , I have a alcetel t pop and my family have another 2 , low spec mt6575 powervr 512ram 150mb rom,my own was locked to virgin till I unlocked it , u have to use nck and spck codes to permanently unlock it or it needs code every sim change and some reboot, but I used rua1's guide to install cwn with mobile uncle.apk but rooting I used e root it Chinese but its never failed me yet,but really where to find a Rom for t pop aka 4010x, also with my virgin brand phone couldnt change sms notifications wouldnt change, after looking at the build props of mine branded and my family unbranded ones , I noticed. In the branded ringtone sms/mms and normal Notifications,build prop ro.config.ringtone/notifications etc was in build prop twice , once in alcetel orignal and once in virgin added bit,so just delete One sets of build prop lines and u can set ringtone and sms mms notifications sounds ,just heads up peeps and if any can help point to a ics or jb Rom for 4010x makes me well happy

5th December 2013, 04:05 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hi
Hi Thanks for the post.

Noo-be here, I have the same device and I rooted it by a chinese tool via USB.

However, after installing mobile uncle.apk v1.3 (via file) after rooting ; i am not able to flash a recovery image (CWM) into the boot-rom for the bootloader trigger.

I have not sim-unlocked the phone yet - would that be causing a ROM lock for CWM image install ?.

Anyone could help. I will post somewhere else too - as there are few threads hanging around, Thanks

Quote:

14th March 2014, 08:01 AM   |  #4  
Flag nairobi
Thanks Meter: 2

4 posts
More
alcatel 4010x rom found
Quote:

I have found the specific custom rom for this particular phone.
I may add that it is super fast...

INSTALLING XPERIA Z MOD FOR ALCATEL TíPOP
Now that you have a rooted phone and CWM recovery installed lets
play with custom roms. To install a custom rom is simple but
sometime things can go wrong. First you have to save your current
rom. Switch off your phone and Press the Volume Up and Power
button to enter recover mode. Select Backup and Restore, then Backup
and wait for CWM to backup your current ROM which can be used to
restore your phone to an earlier state.
Download the Xperia Z custom rom for Alcatel Típop from here (pm for link...i am not allowed to post links) Alcatel Custom Rom .
Extract the RAR archive which contains XPERIA ROM MOD BY VIKTOR
DOMINGUEZ.zip and a Folder named RESTORE containing other files.
Create a Folder with the name clockworkmod in root of your sd card if
its not yet available. Open the folder and create another named
backup.
Copy the Restore folder you extracted to clockworkmod>backup.
Copy XPERIA ROM MOD BY VIKTOR DOMINGUEZ.zip to the root of
your sd card, do not extract the zip file.
Installation
Switch off your phone.
Press volume up and power buttons at the same time until you enter
recovery mode.
Do the following first -Wipe data/factory reset -Wipe cache partition if
any
Select the option INSTALL ZIP FROM SDCARD. Select XPERIA ROM MOD
BY VIKTOR DOMINGUEZ.zip.
Install the zip
When complete select go back until you find the option BACKUP AND
RESTORE.
Select Restore and select Restore/ .Wait until the operation is complete