Exclamation

What do I need for root?

13th March 2014, 04:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

23 posts
Hey how's everyone doing, I've recently acquired a Galaxy Note 3 and was wondering what would I need to do in order to root? I been reading a bit but theres a lot of things I don't understand like NAB~ or knox~

I've been done this before on my old Samsung Intercept back in sdxdevelopers, moved over here after acquiring an Evo 3D and was familiar with all the stuff, then I got an S4 but didn't have it long enough to root it, now I want to root my Note 3 but I'm not sure if theres something I should do before rooting

This is what I have right now still stock straight from the Sprint Store

Thanks in advance guys I look forward to learning!
13th March 2014, 06:17 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 363

589 posts
More
Best advice is to read around, these questions have been asked so many times, people are starting to ignore them. Take an hour and read up on the forums and you will find all the answers you need, if you get stuck with something in particular, ask in that thread. Best of luck.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
13th March 2014, 08:35 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
I did do some research but I can't find specific stuff like I know what knox is but I don't know what happens with that "Strike" or how you get it etc etc.. if I shoulda update before rooting etc etc, it's confusing
13th March 2014, 02:35 PM   |  #4  

589 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marioca

I did do some research but I can't find specific stuff like I know what knox is but I don't know what happens with that "Strike" or how you get it etc etc.. if I shoulda update before rooting etc etc, it's confusing

The current systems people are using are, mj4, na4, nab, nabd; nab and nabd are the Kit Kat versions most are on, you are currently on mj4 (jelly bean). Knox is just security crap built into the phone, if you flash a recovery on your phone it will trip knox changing the setting to 0X1, basically a way they can see if you screwed with your phone and it might void your warranty should you have to return the phone. You can follow the directions in this post to help and if you run into problems, ask there, best advice is to read it all and then go from there, plenty of people there that will help if you stumble. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2630514
Good luck and read all directions prior so you don't screw anything up.

Last edited by tonyevo52; 13th March 2014 at 06:46 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tonyevo52 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th March 2014, 07:13 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyevo52

The current systems people are using are, mj4, na4, nab, nabd; nab and nabd are the Kit Kat versions most are on, you are currently on mj4 (jelly bean). Knox is just security crap built into the phone, if you flash a recovery on your phone it will trip knox changing the setting to 0X1, basically a way they can see if you screwed with your phone and it might void your warranty should you have to return the phone. You can follow the directions in this post to help and if you run into problems, ask there, best advice is to read it all and then go from there, plenty of people there that will help if you stumble. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2630514
Good luck and read all directions prior so you don't screw anything up.

Ok I understand what Knox is now, but now my concern is what is nab and nabd, what does it pertain, what difference do they have and which one is better? I been reading and I can't seem to find it, also I just got asked to update and I'm not sure if I shoulda root first or take OTA then root?

I'm using http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2474222
14th March 2014, 02:18 PM   |  #6  

589 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marioca

Ok I understand what Knox is now, but now my concern is what is nab and nabd, what does it pertain, what difference do they have and which one is better? I been reading and I can't seem to find it, also I just got asked to update and I'm not sure if I shoulda root first or take OTA then root?

I'm using http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2474222

No real difference between NAB and nabd, use either one. If you take the update, which I would, it will put you in version nab and then all you have to do is root and flash a recovery and then good to go.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread