Watch This Now!

[Q] PLEASE HELP. HTC sensation xl stuck on htc screen

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By Ahmeds14, Junior Member on 23rd April 2014, 08:18 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi all.
Just recently acquired a sensation xl. I was interested in rooting so I went ahead did it. The volume down key on my sensation is broken, so to combat this I had to perform a temp root and then installed twrp recovery manager. from here , I rebooted to bootloader and unlocked it succesfully following htc dev's instructions.
After all this I flashed the cyanogenmod 9 rom to the device. All was going well.
I started looking at other roms. I decided I wanted to install runny kitkat v17(cyanogen) so I went ahead and downloaded the zip. I also downloaded the lego as I read that you have to flash the kernel too to tun 4.4.
I noticed that twrp recovery had an issue every time I booted to recovery. It would initialise and then display something like "kernel does not support selinux contexts" and then it would remain on the "simulating actions stage". I did not back up before I flashed cm9. I tried to back up several times on twrp but when I try to restore it says "twrp has stopped working"
So at that point I said that I would just flash the runny kitkat c17 rom and kernal from twrp. that didn't work too well. sinc I was unable to recover via twrp, I decided to boot up command prompt, and used command "fastboot recovery "recoveryimagename.img"

After this, the device restarted and now remains on the htc starting screen with the green "HTC" writing.
I think I soft bricked the phone. normally you could enter bootloader mode via phone and try restore stock firmware/ os. However since my volume button is broken and I can't manually load bootloader, I'm left clueless.
Please help me
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread