Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,401 Members 38,665 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Status bar burn In

Tip us?

Tricks25
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Default Status bar burn In

Thanks to this powerful beast my phone almost replaced my laptop lol.. i had my phone for almost four months now and i use it heavily for media, texts, chat and heavy internet browsing..

now i noticed i have status bar screen burn.. i noticed it when checking using *#0#*.. its not visible in the red and green screen check but it is noticeable in blue.. the status bar has "lighter" blue than the rest of the screen..

Any tips or fixes? Tried screen burn in tool but doesnt fix it.. dont want to use again thinking it might get worse..

Dont know if its visible enough un the screenie..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-28-21-04-32.png
Views:	169
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	2655413  

galnet
Old
Thanks Meter 2337

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricks25 View Post
Thanks to this powerful beast my phone almost replaced my laptop lol.. i had my phone for almost four months now and i use it heavily for media, texts, chat and heavy internet browsing..

now i noticed i have status bar screen burn.. i noticed it when checking using *#0#*.. its not visible in the red and green screen check but it is noticeable in blue.. the status bar has "lighter" blue than the rest of the screen..

Any tips or fixes? Tried screen burn in tool but doesnt fix it.. dont want to use again thinking it might get worse..

This can't be a serious question? How can we see "Screen Burn" on an internal image screenshot
The Following User Says Thank You to galnet For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sweeney_uk
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:

I had this issue due to using waze 3-4 hours a day.

Only way to fix was to get screen replaced under warranty. I'm still weary in using waze again though.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
current device - note 3 - n9005

Skander1998
Old
Thanks Meter 512

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Lol why are you providing a screenshot? screenshots won't show screen issues, they're internal images.. ._.
On that note, no "tool" is going to fix this, since you had to open *#0#* to even notice this, it's not a problem - if it becomes a problem and you have warranty they'll change it.

Current Phone:
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (4G-LTE | N9005) @ 2.3Ghz - Jet Black
Memory: 32GB with NO Ext-Memory
ROM: Personal S5 Build (UK CSC)
ROOT: Yes - Knox 0x1
TouchWiz: S5 TouchWiz UX - Android KitKat (4.4.2)

Collecting Dust:
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 I-9300 @ 1.4Ghz
ROM: Stock BTU (4.3 - rooted)
--
Phone: Samsung Galaxy SL I9003 RETIRED

I will NOT answer to questions asking for help by PM unless I ask you specifically to PM me.

ShadowLea
Old
Thanks Meter 740
How the hell are we going to see a hardware issue on a software screenshot?

That said, mine appears to have it too in the test menu.. Looks more like something intentional if you ask me. I have had the notification bar set to transparent since day 1. (As such there is no possible means by which it could have burned in.)
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.