Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,940 Members 46,722 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't get past "Unfortunately SAE has stopped"

Tip us?

bgilles1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Can't get past "Unfortunately SAE has stopped"

I have a sprint S4 SPH L720 that was running NAE that I rooted over the weekend with no issues. I added the odex service files for hotspot. I then installed TWRP but kept getting app stopped error when I tried to open it. Phone still worked fine until I downloaded google earth. Got the same error when I tried to open the app. Did a restart on the phone, came up with Android is updating apps, and then got an error that play has stopped. When I pressed ok or report, error returned, couldn't clear it. I booted into recovery and did factory reset. Now on boot I get past the yellow sprint screen then message Unfortunately SAE has stopped that won't clear.

Any advice before I f something else up?

thanks

cruise350
Old
Thanks Meter 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgilles1 View Post
I have a sprint S4 SPH L720 that was running NAE that I rooted over the weekend with no issues. I added the odex service files for hotspot. I then installed TWRP but kept getting app stopped error when I tried to open it. Phone still worked fine until I downloaded google earth. Got the same error when I tried to open the app. Did a restart on the phone, came up with Android is updating apps, and then got an error that play has stopped. When I pressed ok or report, error returned, couldn't clear it. I booted into recovery and did factory reset. Now on boot I get past the yellow sprint screen then message Unfortunately SAE has stopped that won't clear.

Any advice before I f something else up?

thanks
There is a know problem with manually installing the hotspot files instead of flashing the hotspot zip in TWRP. Your best option to fix this will probably be flashing the stock NAE tar in odin, re running cf autoroot to attain root again, installing TWRP with goomanager, and then flashing the hotspot mod with TWRP. This should get you up and running without the errors. You can try to just flash the hotspot mod again with twrp first.

You can find the NAE tar file here if you need it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2663619
Phones & Tablets: Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 8", Evo 4g LTE, Evo 3D, Acer Iconia A500, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Ipad 2, Nabi 2,

Rom: Rooted Stock Odexed, Hotspot Mod, Xposed, Wanum, several other xposed tweaks
Firmware: NAE
Kernel: Stock
TWRP: 2.7.1.0

bgilles1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
There is a know problem with manually installing the hotspot files instead of flashing the hotspot zip in TWRP. Your best option to fix this will probably be flashing the stock NAE tar in odin, re running cf autoroot to attain root again, installing TWRP with goomanager, and then flashing the hotspot mod with TWRP. This should get you up and running without the errors. You can try to just flash the hotspot mod again with twrp first.

You can find the NAE tar file here if you need it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2663619
I'm still rooted at this point even though I did a factory reset, right? Would it be any help to go back to the original odex files? I renamed them to .bak before I copied over the new ones. If that clears the SAE error I could then instll goomanager and TWRP then reflash the hotspot mod?

Forgive my noobness. I do appreciate the help.

bgilles1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Reflashed NAE TAR. Phone's fine. Re-root next and try to load hotspot thru TWRP

Thanks