CM, Micromax and OnePlus – Sales Ban Lifted

It’s less than a week since our recent in-depth analysis of the legal battle over the … more

The History of Flagships: Part I – Sony

Every OEM aspiring to conquer the mobile world undoubtedly releases its take on the so-called … more

XDA & New Relic Performance Monitoring [Sponsored]

In other posts we’ve raved about New Relic Mobile for monitoring performance of our … more

XDA’s Top 5 Stories and Videos for 2014 – XDA TV

Yesterday we talked about our favorite Xposed Mods from 2014 on XDA Xposed … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Putting videos on your HTC ONE

OP AeroSatan

27th May 2013, 10:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Hey guys, question. Since this phone doesn't function in USB MAss Storage mode, what are my options if I want to take a movie I have on my PC and transfer it to the phone?

Thanks for your help!
27th May 2013, 10:37 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroSatan

Hey guys, question. Since this phone doesn't function in USB MAss Storage mode, what are my options if I want to take a movie I have on my PC and transfer it to the phone?

Thanks for your help!

It DOES function in USB mass storage mode, hence you copy your videos normally.
27th May 2013, 10:42 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,024
 
3,727 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pargeo

It DOES function in USB mass storage mode, hence you copy your videos normally.

No. It's MTP. You need a recent Windows Media Player if you're using Windows. You should be able to use HTC sync manager.
27th May 2013, 10:48 AM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPope

No. It's MTP. You need a recent Windows Media Player if you're using Windows. You should be able to use HTC sync manager.

My HTC ONE is shown as an add-on device and I can copy anything onto/ from it normally, by dragging / dropping. This behaviour is observed both in Win8 and in Win7. The phone itself is not rooted and it has a stock firmware
27th May 2013, 11:18 AM   |  #5  
Terra1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 10
 
123 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
Agree, mine works fine once connected to a pc, I can drop and drag any file in any folder.

Mines also stock.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using xda premium
27th May 2013, 11:27 AM   |  #6  
dobknobby's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Basingstoke
Thanks Meter: 44
 
285 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
More
Couldnt agree more, i run Windows 8 (Laptop) and Windows 7 (PC) and on both machines, once connected my One, it comes up as a storage device in My Computer, so i drag and drop, Pics, Music, Vids to and from phone...
27th May 2013, 12:39 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,024
 
3,727 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pargeo

My HTC ONE is shown as an add-on device and I can copy anything onto/ from it normally, by dragging / dropping. This behaviour is observed both in Win8 and in Win7. The phone itself is not rooted and it has a stock firmware

...but that doesn't make it USB Mass Storage.

It uses Media Transfer Protocol, something that could have better support on linux and mac.

For example, I doubt you could plug it into a digital picture frame or network media player and have it work.
27th May 2013, 12:47 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPope

...but that doesn't make it USB Mass Storage.

It uses Media Transfer Protocol, something that could have better support on linux and mac.

For example, I doubt you could plug it into a digital picture frame or network media player and have it work.

If an animal walks like a dog and barks like dog...

Being a layman, I have no idea about what protocol precisely HTC One uses internally, and tbh I don't care since it works exactly like a normal USB device with both of my PCs.
27th May 2013, 12:51 PM   |  #9  
damagecase13's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
76 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2007
I plug it in, it shows up in my computer, I drag and drop all my types of media into their folder and I'm good to go.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
27th May 2013, 12:57 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,024
 
3,727 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pargeo

If an animal walks like a dog and barks like dog...

Being a layman, I have no idea about what protocol precisely HTC One uses internally, and tbh I don't care since it works exactly like a normal USB device with both of my PCs.

Good for you. However, it's not as easy if you're not running Windows 7 or Windows 8 because it doesn't support UMS, it supports MTP, so in this case it neither walks or barks like a dog.



Next time, if somebody posts "Since this phone doesn't function in USB MAss Storage mode", you'll know it "doesn't function in USB Mass Storage mode" and you'll have no need to incorrectly correct them.
Last edited by BenPope; 27th May 2013 at 01:01 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
storage, usb, videos
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes