Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Putting videos on your HTC ONE

OP AeroSatan

27th May 2013, 10:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Hey guys, question. Since this phone doesn't function in USB MAss Storage mode, what are my options if I want to take a movie I have on my PC and transfer it to the phone?

Thanks for your help!
27th May 2013, 10:37 AM   |  #2  

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroSatan

Hey guys, question. Since this phone doesn't function in USB MAss Storage mode, what are my options if I want to take a movie I have on my PC and transfer it to the phone?

Thanks for your help!

It DOES function in USB mass storage mode, hence you copy your videos normally.
27th May 2013, 10:42 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1,007

3,715 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pargeo

It DOES function in USB mass storage mode, hence you copy your videos normally.

No. It's MTP. You need a recent Windows Media Player if you're using Windows. You should be able to use HTC sync manager.
27th May 2013, 10:48 AM   |  #4  

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPope

No. It's MTP. You need a recent Windows Media Player if you're using Windows. You should be able to use HTC sync manager.

My HTC ONE is shown as an add-on device and I can copy anything onto/ from it normally, by dragging / dropping. This behaviour is observed both in Win8 and in Win7. The phone itself is not rooted and it has a stock firmware
27th May 2013, 11:18 AM   |  #5  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 10

121 posts
More
Agree, mine works fine once connected to a pc, I can drop and drag any file in any folder.

Mines also stock.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using xda premium
27th May 2013, 11:27 AM   |  #6  
Flag Basingstoke
Thanks Meter: 44

285 posts
Donate to Me
More
Couldnt agree more, i run Windows 8 (Laptop) and Windows 7 (PC) and on both machines, once connected my One, it comes up as a storage device in My Computer, so i drag and drop, Pics, Music, Vids to and from phone...
27th May 2013, 12:39 PM   |  #7  

3,715 posts
Quote:

My HTC ONE is shown as an add-on device and I can copy anything onto/ from it normally, by dragging / dropping. This behaviour is observed both in Win8 and in Win7. The phone itself is not rooted and it has a stock firmware

...but that doesn't make it USB Mass Storage.

It uses Media Transfer Protocol, something that could have better support on linux and mac.

For example, I doubt you could plug it into a digital picture frame or network media player and have it work.
27th May 2013, 12:47 PM   |  #8  

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPope

...but that doesn't make it USB Mass Storage.

It uses Media Transfer Protocol, something that could have better support on linux and mac.

For example, I doubt you could plug it into a digital picture frame or network media player and have it work.

If an animal walks like a dog and barks like dog...

Being a layman, I have no idea about what protocol precisely HTC One uses internally, and tbh I don't care since it works exactly like a normal USB device with both of my PCs.
27th May 2013, 12:51 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 10

76 posts
I plug it in, it shows up in my computer, I drag and drop all my types of media into their folder and I'm good to go.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
27th May 2013, 12:57 PM   |  #10  

3,715 posts
Quote:

If an animal walks like a dog and barks like dog...

Being a layman, I have no idea about what protocol precisely HTC One uses internally, and tbh I don't care since it works exactly like a normal USB device with both of my PCs.

Good for you. However, it's not as easy if you're not running Windows 7 or Windows 8 because it doesn't support UMS, it supports MTP, so in this case it neither walks or barks like a dog.

Next time, if somebody posts "Since this phone doesn't function in USB MAss Storage mode", you'll know it "doesn't function in USB Mass Storage mode" and you'll have no need to incorrectly correct them.
Last edited by BenPope; 27th May 2013 at 01:01 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
storage, usb, videos
Previous Thread Next Thread