Galaxy Note 3 Lollipop Leak, Failed Find 5 Update – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has been leaked! That and … more

Firefox OS Architecture and Collaboration Opportunities w/ Asa Dotzler – XDA:DevCon 2014

We were privileged to host many presentations … more

Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Best model for AT&T and Europe

OP riprowan

4th December 2013, 02:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas / Lucca
Thanks Meter: 36

150 posts
More
I use my phone roughly 1/2 year in the USA and roughly 1/2 year in Italy and/or Holland.

Should I get an AT&T or international model?

I'm likely to want to install CM or some other ROM on it so I'm l leaning towards the international model. But will that work with AT&T LTE? Or vice-versa, will the AT&T version work on Italian networks?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
4th December 2013, 04:46 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas / Lucca
Thanks Meter: 36

150 posts
More
Bump.

20th March 2014, 01:34 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 34

227 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by riprowan

Bump.

Did you ever find an answer for this? I'm wondering the same thing myself. I have an AT&T HTC One (stock, never rooted, and under AT&T contract) that I'll be attempting to use via roaming in Italy soon. I'll let you know what kind of luck I have.

AT&T has told me that the phone should work fine (which I assumed), but they said the same thing with my old HTC OneX when I went to Morocco and Portugal last year and it never worked. FWIW, my GFs SGS3 (on same account as my phone) worked fine. We had ensured that identical options were set by AT&T CSRs to enable international dialing, etc, and the SGS3 and HOX both contained the same radios, so not sure what the problem was. I guess I'll see if it's fixed on the One soon enough.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread