Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 45,126 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED] Unroot Three UK HTC One

Tip us?

mrgreeny
Old
(Last edited by mrgreeny; 10th April 2014 at 10:32 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [SOLVED] Unroot Three UK HTC One

Hi everyone,

I'm having some issues with my HTC One and might need to send it back for Warranty repair. I can't find the RUU anywhere for Three UK.

Does anyone know a way for me to unroot my HTC One, so to speak?

I am a bit of a noob, so go easy on me!

Thanks.

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2704
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgreeny View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm having some issues with my HTC One and might need to send it back for Warranty repair. I can't find the RUU anywhere for Three UK.

Does anyone know a way for me to unroot my HTC One, so to speak?

I am a bit of a noob, so go easy on me!

Thanks.
There is no RUU for you, check my guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2541082
(read it a couple of times, and then let me know if something is not clear)
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrgreeny
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
There is no RUU for you, check my guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2541082
So is your route not possible with Windows 8, then?

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2704
Quote:
So is your route not possible with Windows 8, then?
The main problem is Win8.1, it should work with Win8 (as far as most users said)... if you do get stuck just have an Ubuntu Live USB ready (it's under the FAQs), Ubuntu won't give you a hard time with drivers etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrgreeny
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
The main problem is Win8.1, it should work with Win8 (as far as most users said)... if you do get stuck just have an Ubuntu Live USB ready (it's under the FAQs), Ubuntu won't give you a hard time with drivers etc.
Ok, thank you!

mrgreeny
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
(Sorry for double post)

So I don't have a RUU for Three UK, so I'd go down the CWM route? I believe my thing is x.xx.771 from what I've read.

Then all I need to do is follow those steps in the fourth post for the CWM route, and then I'll be completed unrooted and hopefully back to normal for warranty repairs?

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2704
Quote:
(Sorry for double post)

So I don't have a RUU for Three UK, so I'd go down the CWM route? I believe my thing is x.xx.771 from what I've read.

Then all I need to do is follow those steps in the fourth post for the CWM route, and then I'll be completed unrooted and hopefully back to normal for warranty repairs?
Three UK is CID H3G__001 so yes, use the CWM method and you can even use the files mentioned in post #4, since the example I was using is Three UK.

About the S-On part: from what I've seen, the UK seems pretty lenient with all that, but if you do intend on going S-Off to S-On, you do so as mentioned in the guide before any OTA to 3.xx

mrgreeny
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Three UK is CID H3G__001 so yes, use the CWM method and you can even use the files mentioned in post #4, since the example I was using is Three UK.

About the S-On part: from what I've seen, the UK seems pretty lenient with all that, but if you do intend on going S-Off to S-On, you do so as mentioned in the guide before any OTA to 3.xx
I assume to make sure it's definitely safe to return for warranty I should go back to S-On, though?

Is there any risk of bricking the device?

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2704
Quote:
Is there any risk of bricking the device?
Can I say that 100% -> no, you could have a power outage, your favourite pet, your "favourite" child , mess with your phone / usb / pc connection at exactly the right (wrong) nanosecond when hboot is being flashed. which may or may not result in a brick.

So I scared you a little there
But in general, no, there is no bricking involved as long as you flash things made for your phone. (ie don't go flash HTC Droid stuff on the M7)

at least nobody has complained in my thread causing a brick.

Quote:
I assume to make sure it's definitely safe to return for warranty I should go back to S-On, though?
If you want your phone to look 100% out of the box, I would say yes to the s-on part, though most posts about UK repairs have shown that they don't really care. but no harm in going S-On.

BUT, please follow the guide correctly, if you have questions, feel free to ask.
the guide has worked for many people (and was actually written after having it done in various threads, so it's sort of a result of experience, not only theory),
but if something isnt clear or doesn't make sense, you should ask; I have no issues with people asking why THIS, and why THAT, and why NOW

I prefer a question before, rather than a question after .... (yeah so I skipped step x cause I thought I didn't need it... so now what ... and yeah I didnt bother with reading it once or twice including the FAQs cause you probably wrote them for someone else )

mrgreeny
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Can I say that 100% -> no, you could have a power outage, your favourite pet, your "favourite" child , mess with your phone / usb / pc connection at exactly the right (wrong) nanosecond when hboot is being flashed. which may or may not result in a brick.
No silly childrena round
So I scared you a little there
But in general, no, there is no bricking involved as long as you flash things made for your phone. (ie don't go flash HTC Droid stuff on the M7)

at least nobody has complained in my thread causing a brick.

Haha besides those points obviously! Thank you!

Quote:
If you want your phone to look 100% out of the box, I would say yes to the s-on part, though most posts about UK repairs have shown that they don't really care. but no harm in going S-On.

BUT, please follow the guide correctly, if you have questions, feel free to ask.
the guide has worked for many people (and was actually written after having it done in various threads, so it's sort of a result of experience, not only theory),
but if something isnt clear or doesn't make sense, you should ask; I have no issues with people asking why THIS, and why THAT, and why NOW

I prefer a question before, rather than a question after .... (yeah so I skipped step x cause I thought I didn't need it... so now what ... and yeah I didnt bother with reading it once or twice including the FAQs cause you probably wrote them for someone else )
Thank you very much. I shall do it later today or on Monday. Hopefully it will all go to plan!