FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Talking Recovery Image Info

7th April 2013, 11:03 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 84

Donate to Me
More
I have now had several people use the image from my EN-GB Surface on non-en-gb devices and all appears to be well, only difference noticed so far is the support number stays on the english one and doesnt change regardless of language pack.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Trig0r For This Useful Post: [ View ]

10th April 2013, 08:38 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Still getting requests for this, I'm in Turkey at the mo and dont have a lot of connectivity, so if you PM me and it takes a day or so, tough, saving you a trip to the MS Store :lol:
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trig0r For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th April 2013, 04:29 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
File uploaded to copy, not sure how long it'll last before they close me down but still...

https://copy.com/wxLnnPxi6phs
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trig0r For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2013, 01:05 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trig0r

File uploaded to copy, not sure how long it'll last before they close me down but still...

https://copy.com/wxLnnPxi6phs

Thank you for this!
I'm in the process of recovering my surface at the moment!
Finger cross but all seem to be going well
29th April 2013, 12:13 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
I'd like to get and store copies of all regional installs if possible, if anyone out there (here) has other versions then drop me a PM and I'll stick them somewhere on t'interweb so we can recover if we need to...
20th June 2013, 04:58 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
I now have an FTP server for these to go on.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trig0r For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2013, 12:01 PM |#7  
Madrid
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trig0r

I have now had several people use the image from my EN-GB Surface on non-en-gb devices and all appears to be well, only difference noticed so far is the support number stays on the english one and doesnt change regardless of language pack.

Thanks a million Trig0r!!! I need to bring my RT back to life as I installed 8.1 in German and my recvery image didn't work don't know why.

I am downloading your image now and I see it is a ISO file, should I unpack it and copy it to my USB or what?

Thank you!!!
1st July 2013, 09:50 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Just copy the files in the recovery to a fat32 formatted usb drive, then hold the volume down button plus power button, this will take time to boot but its normal.

Grabbed that from another thread on the subject chap.
4th July 2013, 12:58 AM |#9  
Flag Beaufort, SC
Thanks Meter: 1

Donate to Me
More
Question Clarification Please
I don't want to sound like a noob here, but I was just making sure that I can use your EN-GB recovery image on my EN-US Surface RT to remove Windows 8.1 Preview. Also hoping that office will work when i get back to the start.
4th July 2013, 04:33 AM |#10  
Quote:
Originally Posted by laymansnerd

I don't want to sound like a noob here, but I was just making sure that I can use your EN-GB recovery image on my EN-US Surface RT to remove Windows 8.1 Preview. Also hoping that office will work when i get back to the start.

Was going to ask the same...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread