Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,543 Members 37,236 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cant boot to CWM

Tip us?

hondss
Old
(Last edited by hondss; 14th March 2014 at 04:29 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Cant boot to CWM

Hello - my first thread.

Specs:
Note 3 (canadian-Rogers)
Model: SM-N9005
Version: 4.4.2
Kernal: 3.4.0goba80f7
CM version: 11-20140130-Nightly-hltexx

I cannot get back into CWM to load new roms or anything. I can boot the phone and use CM11 as the phone works fine aside from LTE but I am stuck with this rom and no choice.

I made a mistake and not sure how. Long story short, LTE was not working so i tried to change from CWM to TWRP hoping it woulld fix the LTE problem as i read some where CWM may of caused it.

Now when I hold volume up, power and lower button, i just get the samsumg galaxy note 3 logo and small font on top saying:
Recovery Booting...
Set Warrenty Bit: Recovery

Phone just stays like that.

if i take out the battery and reinstall, I can get into download manager by holding volume down, power and lower button.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I have been searching and trying things since 8pm tonight with no luck.

Rosli59564
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondss View Post
Hello - my first thread.

Specs:
Note 3 (canadian-Rogers)
Model: SM-N9005
Version: 4.4.2
Kernal: 3.4.0goba80f7
CM version: 11-20140130-Nightly-hltexx

I cannot get back into CWM to load new roms or anything. I can boot the phone and use CM11 as the phone works fine aside from LTE but I am stuck with this rom and no choice.

I made a mistake and not sure how. Long story short, LTE was not working so i tried to change from CWM to TWRP hoping it woulld fix the LTE problem as i read some where CWM may of caused it.

Now when I hold volume up, power and lower button, i just get the samsumg galaxy note 3 logo and small font on top saying:
Recovery Booting...
Set Warrenty Bit: Recovery

Phone just stays like that.

if i take out the battery and reinstall, I can get into download manager by holding volume down, power and lower button.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I have been searching and trying things since 8pm tonight with no luck.
Just reflash cwm from here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2454079
remember to choose the correct version
The Following User Says Thank You to Rosli59564 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hondss
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosli59564 View Post
Just reflash cwm from here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2454079
remember to choose the correct version
I saw that thread and damn did i have no clue what i was doing.

I selected this link:

2014/01/25----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For n900 n9005 n900w8 n900s kitkat 4.4, sync latest source code, version 6.0.4.7.

http://d-h.st/users/xiaolu/?fld_id=31963

Then this file:
n9005-cwm-recovery-6.0.4.7-kk(0125).tar

And then i used Odin to install and no luck.

Rosli59564
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Quote:
I saw that thread and damn did i have no clue what i was doing.

I selected this link:

2014/01/25----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For n900 n9005 n900w8 n900s kitkat 4.4, sync latest source code, version 6.0.4.7.

http://d-h.st/users/xiaolu/?fld_id=31963

Then this file:
n9005-cwm-recovery-6.0.4.7-kk(0125).tar

And then i used Odin to install and no luck.
What is your baseband version?. Check in about in setting.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rosli59564 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hondss
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
What is your baseband version?. Check in about in setting.
n900w8vlubmj4

Rosli59564
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Quote:
n900w8vlubmj4
Flash the 1 for 4.3. You haven't upgrade the bootloader to 4.4.2

hondss
Old
(Last edited by hondss; 14th March 2014 at 12:33 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Flash the 1 for 4.3. You haven't upgrade the bootloader to 4.4.2

Sorry for needed to be hand delivered....can you provide me a link or a little more info of what 4.3 I need? Ive done a search and wasn't exactly sure which i should be downloading.

Am i to use ODIN v3.07 to flash the device in 'download mode'?

As much direction as possible pls . Would like to get my phone fixed and LTE working again.

Thanks for all your help btw.
The Following User Says Thank You to hondss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rosli59564
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Quote:
Sorry for needed to be hand delivered....can you provide me a link or a little more info of what 4.3 I need? Ive done a search and wasn't exactly sure which i should be downloading.

Am i to use ODIN v3.07 to flash the device in 'download mode'?

As much direction as possible pls . Would like to get my phone fixed and LTE working again.

Thanks for all your help btw.
Flash cwm version 6.0.4.5(same link as previously). This is for bootloader 4.3 and you're on 4.3. N900w8 only. Dont use for other variant. Of course using download mode

hondss
Old
(Last edited by hondss; 14th March 2014 at 10:34 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Flash cwm version 6.0.4.5(same link as previously). This is for bootloader 4.3 and you're on 4.3. N900w8 only. Dont use for other variant. Of course using download mode

Is I LOVE YOU to strong for us just meeting? Thank you so much for the help! I can now get back into CWM.

Can you advise me on how i did this to my phone and how you realized what I was missing and needed to install?

My next issue is not having a great LTE signal being outside with no blockage of buildings in a regular area. i think this is caused by not having my bootloader updated to the most current version which i now need to figure out how to upgrade...which is how i think i caused this problem. heh.
The Following User Says Thank You to hondss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rosli59564
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Quote:
Is I LOVE YOU to strong for us just meeting? Thank you so much for the help! I can now get back into CWM.

Can you advise me on how i did this to my phone and how you realized what I was missing and needed to install?

My next issue is not having a great LTE signal being outside with no blockage of buildings in a regular area. i think this is caused by not having my bootloader updated to the most current version which i now need to figure out how to upgrade...which is how i think i caused this problem. heh.
You're running cm11 4.4.2 on 4.3 bootloader. Do not get confuse between android version and bootloader. Your baseband n900w8vlubmj4 is 4.3