Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[TOOL][LINUX]DNA Splash Flasher for Linux

OP drakemata

22nd March 2014, 05:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Norfolk, VA
Thanks Meter: 14

28 posts
More
This is a simple tool/script used to:

1. convert .png files into the format used for the splash screen on your device.
2. Make a full backup/restore of your device.
3. Flash the new image to your device.

I have only tested this on the HTC Droid DNA, if anyone wants to test it for another device and post results that would be great.

This script is based on the work done by TrueBlue_Drew, but since I am on a Mac, I got tired of booting a virtual machine every time that I wanted to make a new splash screen. So I decided to "convert" his script to a bash script to make my life easier. After testing several boot screens and all of the functions myself to make sure they all work, I decided to share the script with everyone here on XDA. I have been using this site since I got my first Android phone just a few years ago (and it was a Motorola Citrus...one of the worst "smart" phones ever created!), and have learned a ton - I figured it is time that I start giving back to the community.

Since the creation of my script for the Mac, I decided to port it to Linux as well since they both use the bash shell. The only difference was having to find the compiled adb, fastboot, and ffmpeg tools for Linux.

If you like my work, don't be afraid to click the "Thanks" button. If you see any way to improve the script or have suggestions for other functions, leave a comment. If you have a question about bash scripting or using adb, leave a comment (I may or may not be able to help, but I will try...and there are many others here that can help).

Thanks again to TrueBlue_Drew for writing a nice little batch file that got me started on the path to creating this tool for myself.

The flash/backup splash option should work for any HTC devices that use a 1080x1920 splash screen but has ONLY been confirmed working with the HTC Droid DNA (I will add others to the list if anyone else confirms they work. I am already thinking about a way to select an option for the boot screen size you want to convert in order for this to work on more devices.

REQUIREMENTS

1. Written on Linux Mint 16, but should work on any version of Linux with a bash shell
2. Rooted HTC device with S=OFF and Eng Hboot
3. 1080x1920 png image

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Download the attached zip and unzip it somewhere on your computer.
2. Create or find the 1080x1920 image you want for your splash screen.
3. Go into the "Splash Flasher Mac" folder you unzipped and place your image
in the "place-image-here" folder.
4. Run the file "splash_flasher.sh" file in the terminal and follow the on screen instructions.
Last edited by drakemata; 22nd March 2014 at 10:44 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to drakemata For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd March 2014, 05:46 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Norfolk, VA

28 posts
More
I am currently having trouble uploading the file, I will try again tomorrow. In the mean time, the script can be downloaded from my dropbox.
Last edited by drakemata; 22nd March 2014 at 01:53 PM.
22nd March 2014, 01:48 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Norfolk, VA

28 posts
More
RESERVED
23rd March 2014, 10:53 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 788

1,803 posts
Donate to Me
Do you by any chance know how to extract the splash screen from another device's firmware update?

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk
24th March 2014, 03:33 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Norfolk, VA

28 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiethemorris

Do you by any chance know how to extract the splash screen from another device's firmware update?

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk

Not sure if this works with the DNA or not, but try the tools in CNexus' post. I am not on my Linux machine right now, so I can't test. If the tools work, I will see if I can incorporate them into my tool. I am also working on converting the script to use easybashgui to give a graphical interface.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread