Ask a question

No registration required

Question Carrier name

OP cougar214

12th March 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33

211 posts
Hey guys. Just a couple quick questions. I have the Optimus G Pro E-980 and I have it on the Straight Talk network. And my carrier name says "home" instead of "AT&T". I was wondering how I can get it to say AT&T instead of home. I just got my wife the Optimus G also on the ST network and her carrier says AT&T, not Home. Is this something with the phone itself or is it how ST provisions the sim card? If it is how the card is provisioned, can I have ST make it say AT&T? Both phones are AT&T branded.

I know most people would change their carrier name to something other than AT&T but to be honest, I would prefer that over it saying home. It just seems so Generic to say that....lol. By the way, this phone is not rooted or anything. I would like to root but I took the 10p update and don't feel like flashing it back and starting all over just to root it. I'll wait for a root method for the 10p. Thanks guys.
15th March 2014, 03:20 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33

211 posts
It looks like this just isn't possible. At least for this phone on the Straight Talk network anyway. I have tried everything. I tried using an xml editor, exposed, manual edits to the build.prop.....No go. I got it somehow to flash for a second with a different carrier name but it always went right back to "HOME". So unless someone else can figure this out I and other in my similar situation are stuck with this generic branding. We could always flash another Rom. But in my case, I kinda like the stock Rom.

EDIT: I talked to 3 different people at Straight Talk and they are what everyone says they are. More useless than tits on a bull!..They are telling me they cannot send me a new card even though I proved it's the sim card. I put my card in my wifes phone, you know, the one that does say AT&T? and her phone also said "HOME" with my sim card in it. So that clearly shows it's something in the sim card itself. But according to those morons my phone is working so there's nothing they can do about it. ST has pretty good service for the price. But their customer service is completely missing.
Last edited by cougar214; 15th March 2014 at 04:42 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread