Post Reply

[Q] restoring from CM10.1 (4.2.2) to rooted nandroid stock (4.2.1)

31st August 2013, 07:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
33 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
I might be asking too many questions here, but these all are actually banging my head as off now and just want to double sure the impact -

History -
Used to have stock rom (4.1.x)
Rooted and Flashed to CM 10.1 (4.2.2) [Have a nandroid backup of my rooted stock rom]

Now I want to go back to the rooted stock - Questions

#1 - Is it possible to go back to 4.1 from 4.2.x ?
#2 - Can the nandroid backup be used to do the flashing (means wipe CM and use the backup to restore to earlier state). if yes, pls give me the procedure to do that.
# If #2 not possible, what are my options ?
1st September 2013, 02:10 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Rewari
Thanks Meter: 173
 
480 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neawasthi

I might be asking too many questions here, but these all are actually banging my head as off now and just want to double sure the impact -

History -
Used to have stock rom (4.1.x)
Rooted and Flashed to CM 10.1 (4.2.2) [Have a nandroid backup of my rooted stock rom]

Now I want to go back to the rooted stock - Questions

#1 - Is it possible to go back to 4.1 from 4.2.x ?
#2 - Can the nandroid backup be used to do the flashing (means wipe CM and use the backup to restore to earlier state). if yes, pls give me the procedure to do that.
# If #2 not possible, what are my options ?


If you are using cm 10.1 means,, your base rom is 4.1

Flash with your sock rom 4.1 and make a backup

Flash wiith cm 10.1 and make a backup

You can restore both backups with your requirments but remember full wipe data and davik cache

Secondly You can't restore stock roms backups of 4.1 on 4.2 OR 4.2 on 4.1( it gives us a bootloap)
Last edited by mukeshpacheria; 1st September 2013 at 02:11 AM. Reason: some
The Following User Says Thank You to mukeshpacheria For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st September 2013, 08:49 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
33 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Quote:

=mukeshpacheria;45180593]If you are using cm 10.1 means,, your base rom is 4.1

Flash with your sock rom 4.1 and make a backup

Flash wiith cm 10.1 and make a backup

You can restore both backups with your requirments but remember full wipe data and davik cache

Secondly You can't restore stock roms backups of 4.1 on 4.2 OR 4.2 on 4.1( it gives us a bootloap)

Thx for reply... What do u mean when u say my base rom is 4.1..i see in phone settings and it shows 4.2.2
I dont have the stock rom just the nandroid backup.. Will it give different results ?

Any place whr i can get the stock rom ?
Last edited by neawasthi; 1st September 2013 at 08:58 AM.
1st September 2013, 10:38 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
132 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by neawasthi

Thx for reply... What do u mean when u say my base rom is 4.1..i see in phone settings and it shows 4.2.2
I dont have the stock rom just the nandroid backup.. Will it give different results ?

Any place whr i can get the stock rom ?

Get any stock 4.1.2 rom from sammobile.com then flash using odin. Then flash CWM. After that you will be able to restore your nandroid backup.
You cannot restore your nandroid 4.1.2 backup if you are on 4.2.2
The Following User Says Thank You to muntinlupa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st September 2013, 11:43 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Flag Rewari
Thanks Meter: 173
 
480 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muntinlupa

Get any stock 4.1.2 rom from sammobile.com then flash using odin. Then flash CWM. After that you will be able to restore your nandroid backup.
You cannot restore your nandroid 4.1.2 backup if you are on 4.2.2

exactly what i want to say
The Following User Says Thank You to mukeshpacheria For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st September 2013, 12:15 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
33 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by muntinlupa

Get any stock 4.1.2 rom from sammobile.com then flash using odin. Then flash CWM. After that you will be able to restore your nandroid backup.
You cannot restore your nandroid 4.1.2 backup if you are on 4.2.2

I see what you are tellin me.. One more question - can i flash any other 4.2.x based rom (gennext rom) to replace cm 10.1 ?
6th September 2013, 07:22 AM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
33 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Went the other way around - Installed the 4.2.2 stock removing the CM 10.1.
Details here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...55&postcount=3

Thanks to all that helped !
15th March 2014, 07:29 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 35
 
118 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muntinlupa

Get any stock 4.1.2 rom from sammobile.com then flash using odin. Then flash CWM. After that you will be able to restore your nandroid backup.
You cannot restore your nandroid 4.1.2 backup if you are on 4.2.2

But can titanium backup help or there will be perission errors creating fc's everytime?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes