Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,037 Members 52,714 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sharp 203SH- Softbank [Q]

Tip us?

dharkness
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question Sharp 203SH- Softbank [Q]

Since the phone is Japanese, it is hard to find information if there is a way to root the phone or information about it.
Can anyone direct me to the right path , google is not helping >_<

puckman
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default The typical "me too" reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharkness View Post
Since the phone is Japanese, it is hard to find information if there is a way to root the phone or information about it.
Can anyone direct me to the right path , google is not helping >_<
As per subject, me too. Got this phone on the 1st of April, switched from iPhone thinking I was now free in the world of rooting and custom roms. Guess the joke was on me as there seems to be no support for modern Japanese phones.

Weird considering this is the country of the tech obsessed. Maybe I should learn Japanese, there must be local hackers

dharkness
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckman View Post
As per subject, me too. Got this phone on the 1st of April, switched from iPhone thinking I was now free in the world of rooting and custom roms. Guess the joke was on me as there seems to be no support for modern Japanese phones.

Weird considering this is the country of the tech obsessed. Maybe I should learn Japanese, there must be local hackers
2ch might have the answer, it is just in Japanese and I do not know what to search for. Sharp might be the motorola of Japan lockin their phones >_<

dharkness
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckman View Post

http://ameblo.jp/mee-now/theme-10072066016.html

cheeseus
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Yep, this link seems to list the instructions for rooting the 203SH. And there are pretty straightforward and easy, I think.
I don't speak Japanese, I use Google Translate, but I have already rooted a few Sharps (SoftBank and Docomo) and have studied the rooting methods so I am pretty sure I understand the instructions.

Here's what you need to do:

1. You need a 64-bit Windows 7.
2. The build version needs to be S0012, and Android version needs to be 4.1.2.
3. Install the Sharp ADB driver. Get it from here: https://sh-dev.sharp.co.jp/android/modules/driver_eng/
4. Obtain the following files/apps:
・su
・Superuser.apk
・busybox
・unlock_security_module (*** The value "1" will remove the MIYABI lock first and the the NAND lock. However, I can't make full sense of everything in the note so you'll probably need to research this on your own, or experiment.)

5. Turn on USB Debugging on the 203SH. Disable "sleep mode" (I haven't seen this setting before but it should be somewhere in the Settings > Development menu).

6. Using command prompt on your Windows PC, transfer the "unlock" program to the phone:
Code:
> adb push unlock_security_module /data/local/tmp/unlock_security_module
7. Execute the program:
Code:
> adb shell
 $ cd /data/local/tmp
 $ chmod 777 ./unlock_security_module
 $ ./unlock_security_module 1
8. The above should unlock both MIYABI and NAND. You'll see various results being printed for about one minute before the entire operation completes. But this is the result you will be looking for:
Code:
Unlocked LSM.
 Do setresuid...
 OK.
9. The cursor should change from "$" to "#' which means you have root access.

10. And you will be able to push "su" and "busybox" to the /system folder, and install "Superuser.apk" as a system app (also push it to the /system/app folder).

11. More instructions are to follow (that's that the last note says).

MY ADVICE: Perform the above very carefully and do not forget that you might end up bricking your phone and the responsibility for this will be all yours. If you are not comfortable with executing shell commands (meaning you can understand what's going on), it's best not to try this.

If this method works, please post here. I will publish these instructions on my website.

Phone: Sharp SH-01D / Sharp 005SH / Sharp 904SH
--------------------------------------------------
Sharp smartphone and mobile devices catalogue: http://sharp.cheeseus.org

dharkness
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I cant risk bricking my phone >_< already on my 2nd 203sh, i lost my first one and the deductable for a new phone is expensive >_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseus View Post
Yep, this link seems to list the instructions for rooting the 203SH. And there are pretty straightforward and easy, I think.
I don't speak Japanese, I use Google Translate, but I have already rooted a few Sharps (SoftBank and Docomo) and have studied the rooting methods so I am pretty sure I understand the instructions.

Here's what you need to do:

1. You need a 64-bit Windows 7.
2. The build version needs to be S0012, and Android version needs to be 4.1.2.
3. Install the Sharp ADB driver. Get it from here: https://sh-dev.sharp.co.jp/android/modules/driver_eng/
4. Obtain the following files/apps:
・su
・Superuser.apk
・busybox
・unlock_security_module (*** The value "1" will remove the MIYABI lock first and the the NAND lock. However, I can't make full sense of everything in the note so you'll probably need to research this on your own, or experiment.)

5. Turn on USB Debugging on the 203SH. Disable "sleep mode" (I haven't seen this setting before but it should be somewhere in the Settings > Development menu).

6. Using command prompt on your Windows PC, transfer the "unlock" program to the phone:
Code:
> adb push unlock_security_module /data/local/tmp/unlock_security_module
7. Execute the program:
Code:
> adb shell
 $ cd /data/local/tmp
 $ chmod 777 ./unlock_security_module
 $ ./unlock_security_module 1
8. The above should unlock both MIYABI and NAND. You'll see various results being printed for about one minute before the entire operation completes. But this is the result you will be looking for:
Code:
Unlocked LSM.
 Do setresuid...
 OK.
9. The cursor should change from "$" to "#' which means you have root access.

10. And you will be able to push "su" and "busybox" to the /system folder, and install "Superuser.apk" as a system app (also push it to the /system/app folder).

11. More instructions are to follow (that's that the last note says).

MY ADVICE: Perform the above very carefully and do not forget that you might end up bricking your phone and the responsibility for this will be all yours. If you are not comfortable with executing shell commands (meaning you can understand what's going on), it's best not to try this.

If this method works, please post here. I will publish these instructions on my website.

pvvp11
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I cant risk bricking my phone >_< already on my 2nd 203sh, i lost my first one and the deductable for a new phone is expensive >_<
I want to know. Can I use CWM on 203SH or not. I want to Hard reset phone. thank you.

dharkness
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
last i check its only temp root

skyonelee
Old
Thanks Meter 0
are you a Chinese too? i got it from wp7bar in tieba

Sent from my SBM203SH using XDA Premium 4 mobile app