Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 52,366 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] WP8 Skype for Lumia 525

Tip us?

prescript
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] WP8 Skype for Lumia 525

I upgraded the Skype version 2.16.0.266 in Lumia 525 in which they have removed the option to login directly using Skype credentials. They are now forcing users to link Skype account with MS account which sucks. Can someone please provide an older version xap of Skype for WP8, in which we could login directly using Skype credentials without having to link the account with an Microsoft account?

myst02
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by prescript View Post
I upgraded the Skype version 2.16.0.266 in Lumia 525 in which they have removed the option to login directly using Skype credentials. They are now forcing users to link Skype account with MS account which sucks. Can someone please provide an older version xap of Skype for WP8, in which we could login directly using Skype credentials without having to link the account with an Microsoft account?
Hey,

just need to log in at here and your account will be changed to your Microsoft account, then you can log in into app.
Primary: Samsung ATIV S | WP 8.1 | currently stock

Secondary: Lumia 520 RM-915 | GDR3 | Interop unlocked

Bricked : HTC 8X | GDR3 | DevUnlock

Please press thanks if I helped!

That is what I see every day

prescript
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default But WHY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myst02 View Post
Hey,

just need to log in at here and your account will be changed to your Microsoft account, then you can log in into app.
I don't want to do that. I want to use the older version of Skype in which linking was not necessary. If only someone who has not upgraded their Skype can extract and make the xap file available

DaviUnic
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Sorry for asking, but what exactly is the reason behind still needing the Skype login and refusing to link it to your MS account? You need the MS account to use most the phone anyway...

prescript
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default The problem is choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviUnic View Post
Sorry for asking, but what exactly is the reason behind still needing the Skype login and refusing to link it to your MS account? You need the MS account to use most the phone anyway...
Skype PC app permits it, Skype android app permits it. Even the phones that declined to upgrade the WP8 Skype app are permitted to use Skype without linking. So why should I be forced to link?
The Following User Says Thank You to prescript For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pLUSpISTOL
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Try a search online for "Skype XAP windows phone".

prescript
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Reliability

Quote:
Originally Posted by pLUSpISTOL View Post
Try a search online for "Skype XAP windows phone".
I would prefer to use a link tried by experts here, lest I might get some malware ridden file.