Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

T-Mobile carrier, Selinux enforcing problem...

OP 187k4

15th March 2014, 07:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I have the Samsung t2889 note 2. I've never had a problem but I find when I use any ROM that is kitkat I don't have a cell signal! I read up and found out that if I switch to permissive I get my service and it works out all good, weird part if I switch it back to enforcing...get this it still works! Its annoying doing this every boot and having to have extra files on my phone to do this task for me. Can anyone point me to a more permanent solution, without downgrading back to jelly bean?
15th March 2014, 11:23 AM   |  #2  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 22

175 posts
Donate to Me
More
Flash the newer TWRP http://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/t0lt...0-t0ltetmo.img

Restart to recovery and flash the rom again and it'll be fixed
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lowridincrew, For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th March 2014, 03:42 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Done, but the problem continues...
I updated to twrp 2.7.0, clicked fix permissions. And still the same problem. Do I need to redo the entire system? I thank you for your time and help!
17th March 2014, 12:52 AM   |  #4  
Flag E. Rockaway
Thanks Meter: 47

265 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowridincrew,

Flash the newer TWRP http://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/t0lt...0-t0ltetmo.img

Restart to recovery and flash the rom again and it'll be fixed

I did just that by accident and its true it worked. But then I was not able to restore any backups I made with TWRP. So I moved on to Clockworks Mob. then flashed 4.3 again and started getting data drop again. So next, I'll move back to TWRP through gooMmanager flash twice then moving back to clockwork mod.

Thnaks for the tip.
Last edited by pvaldeben; 17th March 2014 at 12:56 AM.
19th March 2014, 10:01 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvaldeben

I did just that by accident and its true it worked. But then I was not able to restore any backups I made with TWRP. So I moved on to Clockworks Mob. then flashed 4.3 again and started getting data drop again. So next, I'll move back to TWRP through gooMmanager flash twice then moving back to clockwork mod.

Thnaks for the tip.

I just gave up lol. I'm using paranoid 4.3 ROM now with the updated twrp. I couldn't ask for a better ROM. The SElinux enforcing problem seems to mess up with all 4.4 roms I install
20th March 2014, 03:06 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 235

476 posts
More
If you want to stay on stock kernel, I can pack the kernel with se linux disabled on boot.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread