FORUMS

what does anti banding do for my pictures?

67 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By yourlookingatbob, Member on 18th April 2010, 05:34 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
i have a nexus one and i was curious to know how anti-banding 60hz and 50hz or even auto, affect my photos... thanks

18th April 2010, 05:52 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
try taking a picture of a tv or computer monitor
18th April 2010, 06:23 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 162

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by walie

try taking a picture of a tv or computer monitor

Just throwing it out there that, if it's to compensate for refreshrates, it should probably be named "anti-flicker" and not anti-banding. If I see banding in reference to images, I generally associate it with the image not being properly blended and each separate shade being easily identifiable.
18th April 2010, 06:27 AM |#4  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Does anyone have an old CRT monitor or tube TV they can try 'off' vs '50, 60, or auto' with? Submit the results, pics or it didn't happen. I don't know if this is the case
5th December 2012, 04:02 PM |#5  
Flag Hisar
Thanks Meter: 36

Donate to Me
More
Banding is pattern of vertical line in photo. And banding is digital imaging artifact. And banding happens in some extreme or special exposure or conditions. To avoid these pattern you can use Anti-banding feature of camera.
28th November 2015, 03:42 PM |#6  
Flag Trivandrum
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Alright, necroing in...

My device is Yu Yureka CM12.1. But what I've noticed is that the Anti-banding option doesn't change anything when I take the picture of, say my led monitor. But changing the ISO setting does. If we set ISO manually to a higher value like 800, bands will make the image ugly. Even lesser ISO values have banding, but to a small degree. Setting an Auto ISO mode solves the issue. I don't know the technical reasons behind it.

Here's a photo of my led monitor with ISO set to 800:
Picture taken with ISO 800

And here's the same frame in Auto ISO:
Picture taken with Auto ISO
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)