Request: LG Quick Remote for AOSP

OP steveo17

28th October 2013, 01:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag South Amboy
Thanks Meter: 122

651 posts
Donate to Me
I have a request. Are there any devs out there that can get the LG quick remote app working on AOSP roms? I have found a zip, but it doesnt seem to work in AOSP. I would love if i could have the remote working on CM 10.2!!
28th October 2013, 05:24 AM   |  #2  
Flag Charlotte NC
Thanks Meter: 42

558 posts
More
This is going to be issue and same reason why there are no 3rd party remote apps, like the g2 camera you will need a lot lg framework to make it work. This is the reason I'm not flashing any more roms. Asop cameras suck you loose alot of g2 features. After years of abuse by asop style roms I'm happy with what lg has given us.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to moosc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th October 2013, 03:24 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag South Amboy

651 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosc

This is going to be issue and same reason why there are no 3rd party remote apps, like the g2 camera you will need a lot lg framework to make it work. This is the reason I'm not flashing any more roms. Asop cameras suck you loose alot of g2 features. After years of abuse by asop style roms I'm happy with what lg has given us.

yeah so i've heard. i emailed the DEV of the remote app for the gs4 and htc one. hoping we can get some support. waht features are we missing from LG's camera software?
28th October 2013, 04:39 PM   |  #4  
Flag Charlotte NC

558 posts
More
Some one already emailed that dev and asked if they were going to put out there app for the G2. His response was that the remote stuff was built into lg unlike the hTc and Samsung phones. Camera you'll lose everything that is in the lg camera.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo17

yeah so i've heard. i emailed the DEV of the remote app for the gs4 and htc one. hoping we can get some support. waht features are we missing from LG's camera software?

28th October 2013, 05:19 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag South Amboy

651 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosc

Some one already emailed that dev and asked if they were going to put out there app for the G2. His response was that the remote stuff was built into lg unlike the hTc and Samsung phones. Camera you'll lose everything that is in the lg camera.

right this is what he said:

"Hi

Unfortunately the LG has their communication with the infrared sensor private and we would have to go through their app and use their database which is something that would introduce many other problems , not to mention that the app would be half ours and not having control over the database would mean not having control over what users need .

If their policy will change we will definitely take this device into consideration .

Thank you for your interest in our app!

Regards,

Alina"
28th October 2013, 06:20 PM   |  #6  
Flag Charlotte NC

558 posts
More
Yep sucks
Quote:

"Hi

Unfortunately the LG has their communication with the infrared sensor private and we would have to go through their app and use their database which is something that would introduce many other problems , not to mention that the app would be half ours and not having control over the database would mean not having control over what users need .

If their policy will change we will definitely take this device into consideration .

Regards,

Alina"

29th October 2013, 06:26 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
It CAN be done, it has been done before
Quote:

"Hi

Regards,

Alina"

This is inaccurate. The LG Q Remote has been used on CM and other AOSP-based ROMS on other devices. The following link is for a download for the Q Remote for the Optimus G Pro that works on AOSP-based roms. I've tried it on the G2 and unfortunately it doesn't work... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2458277&page=2
29th October 2013, 06:36 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag South Amboy

651 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by brasilguy

This is inaccurate. The LG Q Remote has been used on CM and other AOSP-based ROMS on other devices. The following link is for a download for the Q Remote for the Optimus G Pro that works on AOSP-based roms. I've tried it on the G2 and unfortunately it doesn't work... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2458277&page=2

correct. i have as well. I am hoping that someone will be able to fix this to work on CM for us!
30th October 2013, 12:27 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 414

310 posts
Donate to Me
tried porting the QRemote today... no success so far.
seems like LGQRemote.apk does only contain resources, but no code (unlike the QRemote from Optimus G)
maybe someone else has more knowledge of porting, we really need to get this working
30th October 2013, 10:48 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RieGo

tried porting the QRemote today... no success so far.
seems like LGQRemote.apk does only contain resources, but no code (unlike the QRemote from Optimus G)
maybe someone else has more knowledge of porting, we really need to get this working

Maybe the answer then is to port the exact remote from the Optimus G Pro (from this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2458277) to the G2?

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread