Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,851 Members 46,509 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Request: LG Quick Remote for AOSP

Tip us?

steveo17
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 107

DONATE TO ME
Default Request: LG Quick Remote for AOSP

I have a request. Are there any devs out there that can get the LG quick remote app working on AOSP roms? I have found a zip, but it doesnt seem to work in AOSP. I would love if i could have the remote working on CM 10.2!!
Help Me & Help You. Sign up for 15gb of free storage at Copy.com using this referral, https://copy.com?r=fJoSfY

I get 5 more GB and you get 5 more GB. We both win.

moosc
Old
Thanks Meter 38
This is going to be issue and same reason why there are no 3rd party remote apps, like the g2 camera you will need a lot lg framework to make it work. This is the reason I'm not flashing any more roms. Asop cameras suck you loose alot of g2 features. After years of abuse by asop style roms I'm happy with what lg has given us.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to moosc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

steveo17
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 107

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosc View Post
This is going to be issue and same reason why there are no 3rd party remote apps, like the g2 camera you will need a lot lg framework to make it work. This is the reason I'm not flashing any more roms. Asop cameras suck you loose alot of g2 features. After years of abuse by asop style roms I'm happy with what lg has given us.

yeah so i've heard. i emailed the DEV of the remote app for the gs4 and htc one. hoping we can get some support. waht features are we missing from LG's camera software?
Help Me & Help You. Sign up for 15gb of free storage at Copy.com using this referral, https://copy.com?r=fJoSfY

moosc
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Some one already emailed that dev and asked if they were going to put out there app for the G2. His response was that the remote stuff was built into lg unlike the hTc and Samsung phones. Camera you'll lose everything that is in the lg camera.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo17 View Post
yeah so i've heard. i emailed the DEV of the remote app for the gs4 and htc one. hoping we can get some support. waht features are we missing from LG's camera software?

steveo17
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 107

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosc View Post
Some one already emailed that dev and asked if they were going to put out there app for the G2. His response was that the remote stuff was built into lg unlike the hTc and Samsung phones. Camera you'll lose everything that is in the lg camera.

right this is what he said:

"Hi

Unfortunately the LG has their communication with the infrared sensor private and we would have to go through their app and use their database which is something that would introduce many other problems , not to mention that the app would be half ours and not having control over the database would mean not having control over what users need .

If their policy will change we will definitely take this device into consideration .

Thank you for your interest in our app!

Regards,

Alina"

moosc
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Yep sucks
Quote:

"Hi

Unfortunately the LG has their communication with the infrared sensor private and we would have to go through their app and use their database which is something that would introduce many other problems , not to mention that the app would be half ours and not having control over the database would mean not having control over what users need .

If their policy will change we will definitely take this device into consideration .

Regards,

Alina"

brasilguy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default It CAN be done, it has been done before

Quote:

"Hi

Regards,

Alina"

This is inaccurate. The LG Q Remote has been used on CM and other AOSP-based ROMS on other devices. The following link is for a download for the Q Remote for the Optimus G Pro that works on AOSP-based roms. I've tried it on the G2 and unfortunately it doesn't work... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2458277&page=2

steveo17
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 107

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by brasilguy View Post
This is inaccurate. The LG Q Remote has been used on CM and other AOSP-based ROMS on other devices. The following link is for a download for the Q Remote for the Optimus G Pro that works on AOSP-based roms. I've tried it on the G2 and unfortunately it doesn't work... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2458277&page=2
correct. i have as well. I am hoping that someone will be able to fix this to work on CM for us!

RieGo
Old
Thanks Meter 393

DONATE TO ME
tried porting the QRemote today... no success so far.
seems like LGQRemote.apk does only contain resources, but no code (unlike the QRemote from Optimus G)
maybe someone else has more knowledge of porting, we really need to get this working

brasilguy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RieGo View Post
tried porting the QRemote today... no success so far.
seems like LGQRemote.apk does only contain resources, but no code (unlike the QRemote from Optimus G)
maybe someone else has more knowledge of porting, we really need to get this working
Maybe the answer then is to port the exact remote from the Optimus G Pro (from this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2458277) to the G2?

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe