Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,290 Members 46,166 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Virus install attempt when entering the site..

Tip us?

bonesy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 301

DONATE TO ME
Default Virus install attempt when entering the site..

So I thought it may just be me but after getting a fee people to test it seems this site is trying to install malicious software when you visit and are not logged in (mobile device) I've included some screen shots as I think this is quite a big security breach with the amount of users here..

Isn't the while point if the forums to stop things like this? I sure as hell don't expect XDA DEVS to need to install this app on my own phone. I was under the assumption that developers could be trusted on here so why the need for this? Also a simple search on Google flags it as malware
Old devices: Touch HD > Magic X2 > Hero > Acer BeTouch E400 > Legend > Sensation > Desire > Nexus 7 > HTC One
I won't thank anyone who has "Press Thanks" in their sig.It's a choice to thank

bitpushr
Old
XDA:Administrator
Thanks Meter 1,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonesy View Post
So I thought it may just be me but after getting a fee people to test it seems this site is trying to install malicious software when you visit and are not logged in (mobile device) I've included some screen shots as I think this is quite a big security breach with the amount of users here..

Isn't the while point if the forums to stop things like this? I sure as hell don't expect XDA DEVS to need to install this app on my own phone. I was under the assumption that developers could be trusted on here so why the need for this? Also a simple search on Google flags it as malware
Thank you for reporting this - this isn't something XDA itself is promoting but it is coming through one of our ad networks and we have been unable to track it down. Did it take you to the play store to install that App? Or did it download the APK directly?
Current Phone: Nexus 5 (Android L)

Tox Secure IM Secure Hash: 79C7D3CDA80B4A657A215DD020586AA38C9C7A685F039F46E0 98CF4D107A3D427A9FA590CE3D

bonesy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 301

DONATE TO ME
Thanks for responding.First time was just for the apk second time it was play store
Old devices: Touch HD > Magic X2 > Hero > Acer BeTouch E400 > Legend > Sensation > Desire > Nexus 7 > HTC One

bitpushr
Old
XDA:Administrator
Thanks Meter 1,193
Quote:
Thanks for responding.First time was just for the apk second time it was play store
Was it for the same app?
Current Phone: Nexus 5 (Android L)

Tox Secure IM Secure Hash: 79C7D3CDA80B4A657A215DD020586AA38C9C7A685F039F46E0 98CF4D107A3D427A9FA590CE3D

bonesy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 301

DONATE TO ME
I'll try to replicate it to get the non market one again as I denied the dload when it asked. Will report back

mildlydisturbed
Old
(Last edited by mildlydisturbed; 14th March 2014 at 04:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 77

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I'll try to replicate it to get the non market one again as I denied the dload when it asked. Will report back
I go that on a different site yesterday. Bad popup ad with no ability to click out of it. What happens when a site doesn't screen their advertisers, they get to look like idiots.

As a note, my bet is it's "Clean Master" as I'm seeing that same general popup without the virus warnings today.

AlfasPeralassery
Old
Thanks Meter 138
I applied xda reconized contributer form last month . I got a reply including a link containing comments of my application reviewer . I just follow that link , but I get Notification from my antivirus about bug contents .

Sent from my GT-S7562 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Hitting Thanks button is much easier than typing Thanks .

Device 1 : SGS Duos GT-S7562
Android ver. 4.0.4
Rom : MightyBoy
Device 2 : iKon ik-A800 (TAB)
Rom : Stock .
Android ver. 4.1.1
SystemUI (s7562) :CriTix v2.0.0

Download
MightyBoy
rom for GT-S7562

The Following User Says Thank You to AlfasPeralassery For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]