Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

Virus install attempt when entering the site..

OP bonesy

14th March 2014, 01:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cornwall, united kingdom
Thanks Meter: 301

2,099 posts
Donate to Me
More
So I thought it may just be me but after getting a fee people to test it seems this site is trying to install malicious software when you visit and are not logged in (mobile device) I've included some screen shots as I think this is quite a big security breach with the amount of users here..

Isn't the while point if the forums to stop things like this? I sure as hell don't expect XDA DEVS to need to install this app on my own phone. I was under the assumption that developers could be trusted on here so why the need for this? Also a simple search on Google flags it as malware
14th March 2014, 02:43 PM   |  #2  
XDA:Administrator
Thanks Meter: 1,227

1,021 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonesy

So I thought it may just be me but after getting a fee people to test it seems this site is trying to install malicious software when you visit and are not logged in (mobile device) I've included some screen shots as I think this is quite a big security breach with the amount of users here..

Isn't the while point if the forums to stop things like this? I sure as hell don't expect XDA DEVS to need to install this app on my own phone. I was under the assumption that developers could be trusted on here so why the need for this? Also a simple search on Google flags it as malware

Thank you for reporting this - this isn't something XDA itself is promoting but it is coming through one of our ad networks and we have been unable to track it down. Did it take you to the play store to install that App? Or did it download the APK directly?
14th March 2014, 02:44 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

2,099 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks for responding.First time was just for the apk second time it was play store
14th March 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #4  
XDA:Administrator
Thanks Meter: 1,227

1,021 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks for responding.First time was just for the apk second time it was play store

Was it for the same app?
14th March 2014, 04:32 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

2,099 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'll try to replicate it to get the non market one again as I denied the dload when it asked. Will report back
14th March 2014, 04:51 PM   |  #6  
Flag Nashville
Thanks Meter: 77

513 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

I'll try to replicate it to get the non market one again as I denied the dload when it asked. Will report back

I go that on a different site yesterday. Bad popup ad with no ability to click out of it. What happens when a site doesn't screen their advertisers, they get to look like idiots.

As a note, my bet is it's "Clean Master" as I'm seeing that same general popup without the virus warnings today.
Last edited by mildlydisturbed; 14th March 2014 at 04:56 PM.
15th March 2014, 04:20 PM   |  #7  
Flag here , @xda
Thanks Meter: 144

237 posts
More
I applied xda reconized contributer form last month . I got a reply including a link containing comments of my application reviewer . I just follow that link , but I get Notification from my antivirus about bug contents .

Sent from my GT-S7562 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The Following User Says Thank You to AlfasMP For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread