Ask a question

No registration required

Question [Q] Xperia T Help with power issues

OP markdoc666

14th March 2014, 10:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
Hi all, i recently was given an Xperia T by a friend who no longer uses it. Seems to have a bit of an issue that I'm hoping those with more experience in the mobile world can help with.

When i plug the phone in to charge, she flashes red led, Sony logo appears with a constant red led then the screen flashes and the phone repeats the exact same thing.

I have done the whole repair my phone through PC Companion, Built the ftf from the PC Companion and flashed using Flashtool but still no joy.

Also tried powering with the battery removed resulting in the same.

This has been tried on both the wall charger and PC Usb.

Here's the interesting part, i decided to hook the +5 and GND from a chopped usb cable directly to the battery while connected to mainboard (soldered to points on top of connector) and the phone boots to 4.3 with no problems. Obviously the battery shows 100% charge doing this and as soon as you unplug the power, phone powers down.

Any ideas as to what the problem may be. Battery seems a culprit but I'm not too sure since it doesn't fully boot with the battery disconnected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
15th March 2014, 01:20 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 24

146 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdoc666

Hi all, i recently was given an Xperia T by a friend who no longer uses it. Seems to have a bit of an issue that I'm hoping those with more experience in the mobile world can help with.

When i plug the phone in to charge, she flashes red led, Sony logo appears with a constant red led then the screen flashes and the phone repeats the exact same thing.

I have done the whole repair my phone through PC Companion, Built the ftf from the PC Companion and flashed using Flashtool but still no joy.

Also tried powering with the battery removed resulting in the same.

This has been tried on both the wall charger and PC Usb.

Here's the interesting part, i decided to hook the +5 and GND from a chopped usb cable directly to the battery while connected to mainboard (soldered to points on top of connector) and the phone boots to 4.3 with no problems. Obviously the battery shows 100% charge doing this and as soon as you unplug the power, phone powers down.

Any ideas as to what the problem may be. Battery seems a culprit but I'm not too sure since it doesn't fully boot with the battery disconnected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

need new battery.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread