Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 38,635 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Improved performance with "Performance Booster"

Tip us?

puntebhunte
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Lightbulb Improved performance with "Performance Booster"

I have LG Optimus 4X HD since 2012. It was good until I upgraded to JB 4.1.2 (official). Severe battery drain, game lags, heating etc forced me to install custom ROMs. First tried CM, better than stock but not as good as I wanted; then tried MIUI V5, much better than both stock & CM. Never tried custom kernels though. I even tried other Chinese ROMs (based on stock) to see if better. Battery, UI etc were more than satisfactory with MIUI but lags in games and sometimes hanging while opening apps were still frustrating. Then one day I saw "Performance Booster" somewhere & gave a try with free version first. It drastically changed the performance then I installed donate version which improved overall experience. As mentioned in the app it didn't improve benchmarks but improved phones performance for sure. In other words, it saved my money from buying a new phone. Now I don't need new one as I have 'Huawei Mediapad X1' for reading, games & watching videos, which I bought here in China for less than 300$ (it's 400 Euros outside China).
The Following User Says Thank You to puntebhunte For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

josue270193
Old
Thanks Meter 7
So what is it? I don't try to be rude, but at least you can share where we can find it or something. I know Google it's a good friend but I don't know what exactly. BTW thanks for share your experience

Sent from my LG-P880 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

puntebhunte
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by josue270193 View Post
So what is it? I don't try to be rude, but at least you can share where we can find it or something. I know Google it's a good friend but I don't know what exactly. BTW thanks for share your experience

Sent from my LG-P880 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I think it's not allowed to post links to apps here in this forum so didn't post. You can search in play store, it's there, give a try & see yourself.

{fd}ware
Old
Thanks Meter 774

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by puntebhunte View Post
I think it's not allowed to post links to apps here in this forum so didn't post. You can search in play store, it's there, give a try & see yourself.
I don't think that it's forbidden to post links, as long as you don't earn money by doing so (for example adfly links). But I'm not absolutely sure.

I've also searched the app on the Play Store, couldn't find any app called "Performance Booster" though.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk
Regards,
{fd}ware

Current work in progress:
Protos 3:
The app, scripts, UI, UX, whatever.

Maybe a random app?

JoinTheRealms
Old
(Last edited by JoinTheRealms; 21st April 2014 at 11:40 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by {fd}ware View Post
I don't think that it's forbidden to post links, as long as you don't earn money by doing so (for example adfly links). But I'm not absolutely sure.

I've also searched the app on the Play Store, couldn't find any app called "Performance Booster" though.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk
Im guessing hes talking about this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ormancebooster Which i would highly recommend not using.

This is from the description:

Quote:
Performance Booster will change the kernel process for managing all layers such Android Runtime in Core Libraries and Dalvik VM layers, User Libraries layer, Application Framework layer, and Applications layer.
This is gibberish, makes no sense. And thats the best description they give of what it does. All of this *developers* apps look fake and possibly/ quite likely are malicious in nature. All their apps are 86K in size
My Devices

---------------------SmartPhones-----------------------------------|
Nexus 5
*MultiRom: Omni,SlimKat and Ubuntu-Touch

LG Optimus x4 HD
*OmniRom
-----------------------Tablets------------------------------------------|
T100TA 64gb
*Windows 8.1 / Ubuntu 14.04

TF700 64gb
*Cromi 5 / Ubuntu 13.04 Dualboot

TF300T 32gb
*Xubuntu 14.04

TF101
*Lubuntu 12.04
-----------------------T.V Sticks--------------------------------------|
MK908(TV Stick)
*Ubuntu 12.04
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JoinTheRealms For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jack_capvil
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I have tested by curiosity, and my conclusion is "I haven't seen any clear effect"
So... immediately uninstalled

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

Adam77Root
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 11,014

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoinTheRealms View Post
This is gibberish, makes no sense. And thats the best description they give of what it does. All of this *developers* apps look fake and possibly/ quite likely are malicious in nature. All their apps are 86K in size
Got curious and decompiled the apk. Most of the stuff is license checking. Otherwise it sets a few process management properties and that's all.
Quote:
I'd be glad if you could spare me a few bucks. You can use PayPal.

Thanks very much to all donors, it is much appreciated!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Adam77Root For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MidnightDevil
Old
Thanks Meter 842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam77Root View Post
Got curious and decompiled the apk. Most of the stuff is license checking. Otherwise it sets a few process management properties and that's all.
So generally speaking, pretty useless eh? :P

Mobile: LG Optimus 4X HD
Mobile: Google Nexus 5
Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 Wii

Be tolerant and use Good & Common HTC Sense! :P.

--- Interesting Reading ---
Android Terms / Slangs / Definitions and Guides Revised
What exactly batterystats.bin does.

Get 15GB of Free Space!!!

Don't post just to increase your post count, make sure you know what you're talking about before posting to reduce the amount of false information.
MD

laufersteppenwolf
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5,190

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightDevil View Post

So generally speaking, pretty useless eh? :P
Mostly yeah, which is why this thread is finally being moved into general section (where all shares are supposed to go into) as well as closed.
Sony Ericsson Xperia X8: GingerDX v31b ; alfs CM7 v09c
LG Optimus 4x HD: my own version of CM 10.1 , CWM recovery, UNlocked BL

Crying that it's an application bug is like crying over the speed of light: you should deal with reality, not what you wish reality was. - Linus Torvalds

Tags
performance
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe