Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 41,137 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Symphony w25 / ktouch w650 / mobistar s01 / karbonn a7 ICS Upgrade tutorial.

Tip us?
 
rainwalker
Old
(Last edited by rainwalker; 6th January 2013 at 07:35 AM.)
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Posts: 53
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dhaka
Talking Symphony w25 / ktouch w650 / mobistar s01 / karbonn a7 ICS Upgrade tutorial.

Always remember to BACKUP your SYSTEMs NANDROID BACKUP with CWM. * I am really not responsible for any damage to your phone; it’s all upon your responsibility. *Let me know if any edit is recommended by you.

Full tutorial is also available on my blog : iamrainwalker

Ahh! I love my ICS rom and my symphony w25. I am a perfectionist, so I took my time to study and gone throw lots of trials and errors to finalize the ICS rom. Thanks to all those Brilliant senior developers from XDA for their numerous helps and tips. I will start by providing some screenshot of the ICS rom.



Beautiful isn’t it? Now let’s start. Just make sure you read and follow everything I say from now. Upgrading process is divided in 3 steps actually:
  1. Updating Baseband
  2. Flashing AP(Factory) ROM
  3. Flashing Finalized NANDROID ROM.

YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL STEPS ONE BY ONE, DO NOT DO ANYTHING YOU DON’T KNOW, IF YOU ARE A TOTAL NEWBIE, THIS IS NOT FOR YOU KIDDO. DON’T BLAIM ME FOR YOUR MISTAKES.

ICS_Stable_sw25_rom Featurs :
  • Fully Rooted
  • Updated SU and Busybox binaries
  • Init.d Support, busybox runpart
  • App2SD enabled
  • Super Fast
  • All Sensors working
  • Better Battery Life
  • Better Network Reception
  • ALL new Jelly Bean keyboard
  • Cracked PowerAmp Music Player
  • Added
  • And many other tweaks I can’t remember right now.

* Points to be noted
  1. You need to enable or disable Gsensor from Settings > Display by your self, Status ber shortcut don’t work.
  2. You need to set APN manually from Settings > More > Mobile Networks > Select Subscription > Manage Card
  3. System is already configured for Bangladeshi Users.

Download all Files Listed below :

AP_BP_FOR_ICS_S01

o (AP+BP)_ICS_S01.7z.001 – http://www.mediafire.com/?5v5qkcd4viag8vi

o (AP+BP)_ICS_S01.7z.002 – http://www.mediafire.com/?mahtazx3jrbprtr

ASDK_Files

o installer_r20.0.3-windows.exe – http://www.mediafire.com/?p57ix4v80c3yf8f

o jdk-7-windows-i586.exe – http://www.mediafire.com/?rejrjk6rjjbq5d9

Drivers

o S01_Drivers.7z – http://www.mediafire.com/?wjhalczqtg7k1c1

S01_Flash_tools

o S01_flash_tools.7z – http://www.mediafire.com/?6mzx0bqrd6oubo7

Symphony_ICS_stable_1

o clockworkmod_rainwalker.7z.001 – http://www.mediafire.com/?uzw25cq5bk1omn4

o clockworkmod_rainwalker.7z.002 – http://www.mediafire.com/?242vkhkfi3noekc

CWM for S01

o CWM-English.rar – http://www.mediafire.com/?y0e31h55qurp3y7

7zip

o http://www.7-zip.org/

File Extraction :
  1. Download all files in a folder like this location “F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\”
  2. Select files like this photo and Use 7zip to Extract.
  3. Make use you have folders Extracted like this

Updating Baseband :

This process is pretty nasty. I made a successful Update after trying a number of times and fails, after that I installed WINDOWS XP SP3 and successfully Updated Baseband. So I would recommend you guys to Start this Upgrading Process with a Freshly Installed Windows XP. I will try to give you as much as possible visual guide.

*It is not mandatory to install Android SDK and Java Runtime.
  • Install “jdk-7-windows-i586.exe”
  • Install “installer_r20.0.3-windows.exe” , make sure you have selected options red marked in this photo when Android SDK download files.
  • After download complete, Go to “F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\(AP+BP)_ICS_S01\(AP+BP)_ICS_S0 1\ICS_S01” This folder.
  • Extract “NPRG7627A.zip” by right clicking it 7-zip > Extract Here
  • Copy “NPRG7627A.hex” to “591357_8376_WCDMA_V0005” folder.
  • Switch off your phone, remove battery, SIM cards, SD card.
  • Place battery on your phone, Hold POWER BUTTON+VOLUME DOWN BUTTON together, you will see “QPST Entry Download”.
  • Now, Connect your phone to your pc.
  • You will see a popup like this, cancel it.
  • Go to your device manager and follow the procedure below :






    For you the driver location will be “F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\S01_Drivers\drivers\Driver\HK1 1-VB717-27\HK11-VB717-27_1.0.56\Win32\x86\free”, Click Ok, and press Next. Driver will be installed. Close it. Go to device manager and you will see something like this :


  • In my case i got COM3, you may have diffrent port number. Now go to “F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\S01_flash_tools\fast_boot ” and Open “fastboot1.0.2.4.exe”. You will see something like this :
  • Click on “BP Browse” select folder “F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\(AP+BP)_ICS_S01\(AP+BP)_ICS_S0 1\ICS_S01\591357_8376_WCDMA_V0005″, Put the port number on “BP Port”, take a deep breath and press Download, download should start if everthing is allright, after download compleate “fastboot1.0.2.4.exe” will close by itself. and you need to pull your phone bettery to shut it down and disconnect the phone form your pc.

AP Upload :
  • Place your phone battery on the phone, press POWER BUTTON + VOLUME UP and wait untill you see a GREEN display on your phone.
  • Connect you phone and you will see a new Device is found named Android, now install the drivers by following procedure like prevoiusly shown and use the folder “F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\S01_Drivers\drivers\Driver\adb _driver” for drivers.
  • After driver instlation compleate, go to “F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\S01_flash_tools\EMMC_AP” and open “QUALFAST2.0.4(Factory).exe”
  • Click on “SEL PATH” button and select “F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\(AP+BP)_ICS_S01\(AP+BP)_ICS_S0 1\ICS_S01\TBW591357_9999_V0001_2″ folder click ok. you will see :
  • Now press “OK” and wait for first “Waiting Decices…” to compleate and then disconnect the phone, pull your battery and start your phone. ICS should start with creepy forign language.

Flashing Finalized Stable NANDROID ROM :

Default firmware rom do not come with CWM installed as recovery, so we need to port it now. This is a pretty simple procedure.

Shutdown your phone, insert your sim and sd card. Press POWER BUTTON + VOLUME UP button till the GREEN display appears.
  • Connect your phone with the pc.
  • Open Command prompt and type :cd F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\CWM-English (press enter)Fastboot devices (press enter)
  • You should see something like “???????????? fastboot” Now type :fastboot boot recovery-english.img (press enter)
  • Wait sometime, CWM recovery should boot.
  • Now, from the menu, Select “wipe data/factory reset”
  • After finishing slect “wipe cache partition”
  • After that, go to “mount & Storage” > “Mount Usb Drive”
  • Now sd card will be mounted on your pc. Copy “F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\clockworkmod_rainwalker\ clockworkmod” to your sd card.
  • Select “Unmount” from your phone. And Select “Go back”
  • Select “Backup and Restore”
  • Select “Restore”
  • Select “ICS_W25_Stable” and confirm, wait for restore to complete, then reboot.
  • Yah! You are now on ISC stable. Enjoy.

Helpful Links :

Driver Installation Video : https://vimeo.com/55837968

Another Baseband Update Guide : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2036053

XDA foram Thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1788936

Rooting Symphony w25 : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1818146

Thanks From the deepest corner of my heart to :

prasad12ka4 , ahmed.zunaid , vinodkbishnoi (for poviding stability of the rom) & all tose person who helped me for this achivement
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rainwalker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
rjunraj
Old
#2  
rjunraj's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 307
Posts: 1,104
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: surat
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainwalker View Post
Always remember to BACKUP your SYSTEMs NANDROID BACKUP with CWM. * I am really not responsible for any damage to your phone; it’s all upon your responsibility. *Let me know if any edit is recommended by you.

Full tutorial is also available on my blog : iamrainwalker

Ahh! I love my ICS rom and my symphony w25. I am a perfectionist, so I took my time to study and gone throw lots of trials and errors to finalize the ICS rom. Thanks to all those Brilliant senior developers from XDA for their numerous helps and tips. I will start by providing some screenshot of the ICS rom.



Beautiful isn’t it? Now let’s start. Just make sure you read and follow everything I say from now. Upgrading process is divided in 3 steps actually:
  1. Updating Baseband
  2. Flashing AP(Factory) ROM
  3. Flashing Finalized NANDROID ROM.

YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL STEPS ONE BY ONE, DO NOT DO ANYTHING YOU DON’T KNOW, IF YOU ARE A TOTAL NEWBIE, THIS IS NOT FOR YOU KIDDO. DON’T BLAIM ME FOR YOUR MISTAKES.

ICS_Stable_sw25_rom Featurs :
  • Fully Rooted
  • Updated SU and Busybox binaries
  • Init.d Support, busybox runpart
  • App2SD enabled
  • Super Fast
  • All Sensors working
  • Better Battery Life
  • Better Network Reception
  • ALL new Jelly Bean keyboard
  • Cracked PowerAmp Music Player
  • Added
  • And many other tweaks I can’t remember right now.

* Points to be noted
  1. You need to enable or disable Gsensor from Settings > Display by your self, Status ber shortcut don’t work.
  2. You need to set APN manually from Settings > More > Mobile Networks > Select Subscription > Manage Card
  3. System is already configured for Bangladeshi Users.

Download all Files Listed below :

AP_BP_FOR_ICS_S01

o (AP+BP)_ICS_S01.7z.001 – http://www.mediafire.com/?5v5qkcd4viag8vi

o (AP+BP)_ICS_S01.7z.002 – http://www.mediafire.com/?mahtazx3jrbprtr

ASDK_Files

o installer_r20.0.3-windows.exe – http://www.mediafire.com/?p57ix4v80c3yf8f

o jdk-7-windows-i586.exe – http://www.mediafire.com/?rejrjk6rjjbq5d9

Drivers

o S01_Drivers.7z – http://www.mediafire.com/?wjhalczqtg7k1c1

S01_Flash_tools

o S01_flash_tools.7z – http://www.mediafire.com/?6mzx0bqrd6oubo7

Symphony_ICS_stable_1

o clockworkmod_rainwalker.7z.001 – http://www.mediafire.com/?uzw25cq5bk1omn4

o clockworkmod_rainwalker.7z.002 – http://www.mediafire.com/?242vkhkfi3noekc

CWM for S01

o CWM-English.rar – http://www.mediafire.com/?y0e31h55qurp3y7

7zip

o http://www.7-zip.org/

File Extraction :
  1. Download all files in a folder like this location “F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\”
  2. Select files like this photo and Use 7zip to Extract.
  3. Make use you have folders Extracted like this

Updating Baseband :

This process is pretty nasty. I made a successful Update after trying a number of times and fails, after that I installed WINDOWS XP SP3 and successfully Updated Baseband. So I would recommend you guys to Start this Upgrading Process with a Freshly Installed Windows XP. I will try to give you as much as possible visual guide.

*It is not mandatory to install Android SDK and Java Runtime.
  • Install “jdk-7-windows-i586.exe”
  • Install “installer_r20.0.3-windows.exe” , make sure you have selected options red marked in this photo when Android SDK download files.
  • After download complete, Go to “F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\(AP+BP)_ICS_S01\(AP+BP)_ICS_S0 1\ICS_S01” This folder.
  • Extract “NPRG7627A.zip” by right clicking it 7-zip > Extract Here
  • Copy “NPRG7627A.hex” to “591357_8376_WCDMA_V0005” folder.
  • Switch off your phone, remove battery, SIM cards, SD card.
  • Place battery on your phone, Hold POWER BUTTON+VOLUME DOWN BUTTON together, you will see “QPST Entry Download”.
  • Now, Connect your phone to your pc.
  • You will see a popup like this, cancel it.
  • Go to your device manager and follow the procedure below :






    For you the driver location will be “F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\S01_Drivers\drivers\Driver\HK1 1-VB717-27\HK11-VB717-27_1.0.56\Win32\x86\free”, Click Ok, and press Next. Driver will be installed. Close it. Go to device manager and you will see something like this :


  • In my case i got COM3, you may have diffrent port number. Now go to “F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\S01_flash_tools\fast_boot” and Open “fastboot1.0.2.4.exe”. You will see something like this :
  • Click on “BP Browse” select folder “F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\(AP+BP)_ICS_S01\(AP+BP)_ICS_S0 1\ICS_S01\591357_8376_WCDMA_V0005″, Put the port number on “BP Port”, take a deep breath and press Download, download should start if everthing is allright, after download compleate “fastboot1.0.2.4.exe” will close by itself. and you need to pull your phone bettery to shut it down and disconnect the phone form your pc.

AP Upload :
  • Place your phone battery on the phone, press POWER BUTTON + VOLUME UP and wait untill you see a GREEN display on your phone.
  • Connect you phone and you will see a new Device is found named Android, now install the drivers by following procedure like prevoiusly shown and use the folder “F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\S01_Drivers\drivers\Driver\adb _driver” for drivers.
  • After driver instlation compleate, go to “F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\S01_flash_tools\EMMC_AP” and open “QUALFAST2.0.4(Factory).exe”
  • Click on “SEL PATH” button and select “F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\(AP+BP)_ICS_S01\(AP+BP)_ICS_S0 1\ICS_S01\TBW591357_9999_V0001_2″ folder click ok. you will see :
  • Now press “OK” and wait for first “Waiting Decices…” to compleate and then disconnect the phone, pull your battery and start your phone. ICS should start with creepy forign language.

Flashing Finalized Stable NANDROID ROM :

Default firmware rom do not come with CWM installed as recovery, so we need to port it now. This is a pretty simple procedure.

Shutdown your phone, insert your sim and sd card. Press POWER BUTTON + VOLUME UP button till the GREEN display appears.
  • Connect your phone with the pc.
  • Open Command prompt and type :cd F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\CWM-English (press enter)Fastboot devices (press enter)
  • You should see something like “???????????? fastboot” Now type :fastboot boot recovery-english.img (press enter)
  • Wait sometime, CWM recovery should boot.
  • Now, from the menu, Select “wipe data/factory reset”
  • After finishing slect “wipe cache partition”
  • After that, go to “mount & Storage” > “Mount Usb Drive”
  • Now sd card will be mounted on your pc. Copy “F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\clockworkmod_rainwalker\ clockworkmod” to your sd card.
  • Select “Unmount” from your phone. And Select “Go back”
  • Select “Backup and Restore”
  • Select “Restore”
  • Select “ICS_W25_Stable” and confirm, wait for restore to complete, then reboot.
  • Yah! You are now on ISC stable. Enjoy.

Helpful Links :

Driver Installation Video : https://vimeo.com/55837968

Another Baseband Update Guide : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2036053

XDA foram Thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1788936

Rooting Symphony w25 : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1818146

Thanks From the deepest corner of my heart to :

prasad12ka4 , ahmed.zunaid , vinodkbishnoi (for poviding stability of the rom) & all tose person who helped me for this achivement
Thx for your hardwork but plz remove power amp
Its a paid app and adding it into a rom is against forum rules.
You may banned for this if moderator would see.

Sent from my Spice Mi-355 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to rjunraj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
rainwalker
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Posts: 53
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dhaka
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjunraj View Post
Thx for your hardwork but plz remove power amp
Its a paid app and adding it into a rom is against forum rules.
You may banned for this if moderator would see.

Sent from my Spice Mi-355 using xda app-developers app
Thank you for letting me know, i will remember this at my next releases.
 
raj_onu
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Aug 2012
Default splash.img - change

Hello Rainwalker, Thank you for this thread, I have updated ICS in my W25. But I want to know, Is there any chance to replace/change "Mobistar" boot splash image. if would please let us know. thanks again for you hard work.
 
rainwalker
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Posts: 53
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dhaka
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_onu View Post
Hello Rainwalker, Thank you for this thread, I have updated ICS in my W25. But I want to know, Is there any chance to replace/change "Mobistar" boot splash image. if would please let us know. thanks again for you hard work.
Yes, it is possible, my new rom will have a new splash image. i will post a procedure about changing spalsh image soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to rainwalker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
raj_onu
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainwalker View Post
Yes, it is possible, my new rom will have a new splash image. i will post a procedure about changing spalsh image soon.
Thanks, I will be waiting for that..
 
sfmteixeira
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 13
Join Date: Dec 2007
I have a big problem in this part:

Now press “OK” and wait for first “Waiting Decices…” to compleate and then disconnect the phone, pull your battery and start your phone. ICS should start with creepy forign language.

something go wrong and dont complete the action so the result is now even if a try start from dyhe begin dont work now give error im step to download....and can do anything more...

Can you help me please...

Thanks

I already try to get in bootloader green screen and after red to put a normal rom but broken in red dont go more than that....
 
rainwalker
Old
#8  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Posts: 53
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dhaka
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfmteixeira View Post
I have a big problem in this part:

Now press “OK” and wait for first “Waiting Decices…” to compleate and then disconnect the phone, pull your battery and start your phone. ICS should start with creepy forign language.

something go wrong and dont complete the action so the result is now even if a try start from dyhe begin dont work now give error im step to download....and can do anything more...

Can you help me please...

Thanks

I already try to get in bootloader green screen and after red to put a normal rom but broken in red dont go more than that....
It would be great if you can send me a screenshot. i need to know what error exactly occurs? and what os do you use?
 
sfmteixeira
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 13
Join Date: Dec 2007
Problem starts here

Connect you phone and you will see a new Device is found named Android, now install the drivers by following procedure like prevoiusly shown and use the folder “F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\S01_Drivers\drivers\Drive r\adb _driver” for drivers.
After driver instlation compleate, go to “F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\S01_flash_tools\EMMC_AP” and open “QUALFAST2.0.4(Factory).exe”

The device says is not possible to install before i even put the drivers dont reconice any android device and than in the upload starts ok but in the firt step of getting device give error.

After that i try make all again but dont be able to make download and nothing more in the steps you said.

Sorry and thanks for help
 
rainwalker
Old
#10  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Posts: 53
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dhaka
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfmteixeira View Post
Problem starts here

Connect you phone and you will see a new Device is found named Android, now install the drivers by following procedure like prevoiusly shown and use the folder “F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\S01_Drivers\drivers\Driver\adb _driver” for drivers.
After driver instlation compleate, go to “F:\sym_ics\SYMICS4\S01_flash_tools\EMMC_AP” and open “QUALFAST2.0.4(Factory).exe”

The device says is not possible to install before i even put the drivers dont reconice any android device and than in the upload starts ok but in the firt step of getting device give error.

After that i try make all again but dont be able to make download and nothing more in the steps you said.

Sorry and thanks for help
which operating system do you use? did your BP download was successful? try rebooting your computer the get into fastboot mod on your phone, connect your phone to computer, if you don't see anything then go and see in device manager, if you see there are some yellow unrecognized devices then install them.

Tags
ics rom, karbonn a7, mobistar s01, symphony w25
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Paid Android App Developers Will Soon Have to Provide Physical Address

Google has now changed its policies regarding paid app developers. … more

Windows Developers Rejoice! Dev Program’s $99 Yearly Fee is No More!

Microsoft rule in the mobile market, much like the giant dinosaurs … more

Add the Xperia Z2 Lock Screen to Your Favorite KitKat ROM

Almost every OEM adds its own unique flair to their stock firmwares. While some of … more

Android App Review: Control Your Phone with Quick Control Panel – XDA Developer TV

Your Android smart device has many features that you … more