Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,016 Members 51,677 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to flash stock rom/firmware on a bricked Xperia C?

Tip us?

ffederick
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] How to flash stock rom/firmware on a bricked Xperia C?

After moded my xperia c to add bravia engine, I was stuck on boot animation. The phone was not in USB debugging mode since I was trying to mod it after a recent software update using sony pc companion. Tried flastool, SP Flashtool, SUS & Pc companion to repair it but everything just don't work. Is there any other way to repair it other than sending it to service centre?
The Following User Says Thank You to ffederick For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

palimatix
Old
Thanks Meter 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffederick View Post
After moded my xperia c to add bravia engine, I was stuck on boot animation. The phone was not in USB debugging mode since I was trying to mod it after a recent software update using sony pc companion. Tried flastool, SP Flashtool, SUS & Pc companion to repair it but everything just don't work. Is there any other way to repair it other than sending it to service centre?
i think chauhan jayc too faced a similar brick.. he couldnt get it rocking back.. had to go service center.. maybe he can shed more info on that..
-- Proud owner of
Desire 816, Desire 700 and Xperia C

Ask nice, and thou shalt receive !

rikardo03
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffederick View Post
Have you tried the "repair my phone/tablet" option on the pc companion? if not try it. it worked for me. turn-off your xperia c. make sure it's turned-off. open sony pc companion. connect your phone to your pc via usb. click on the start button on the support zone box/tab. click start on the phone/tablet software update. click the "repair my phone/tablet" link. the blue text with an underline. follow the onscreen instruction.
The Following User Says Thank You to rikardo03 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

varunpilankar
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Try Sony Update Centre.. Just make sure your fastboot & flashboot drivers are properly

Sent from Xperia S LT26i

Hit Thanks if I was helpful to you..
Sony Xperia S LT26i
ROM: Trinity Vengeance RaptorXL™ HD 4.1
KERNEL: Trinity Ultimate Kernel

ffederick
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by varunpilankar View Post
Try Sony Update Centre.. Just make sure your fastboot & flashboot drivers are properly

Sent from Xperia S LT26i

Hit Thanks if I was helpful to you..
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikardo03 View Post
Have you tried the "repair my phone/tablet" option on the pc companion? if not try it. it worked for me. turn-off your xperia c. make sure it's turned-off. open sony pc companion. connect your phone to your pc via usb. click on the start button on the support zone box/tab. click start on the phone/tablet software update. click the "repair my phone/tablet" link. the blue text with an underline. follow the onscreen instruction.
I had tried both of your suggestion but unfortunately it does not work for me. I end up sending it to Sony service centre yesterday. Finger crossed now and hope for the best.

ffederick
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
just got my xperia c today from sony service centre. luckily they did not know I had rooted my phone and they did not charge me for repairing it.

chauhanjayc
Old
Thanks Meter 267
sorry for being late
and i know op has got his phone repaired

but this is for the future usage

if any one who stuck at boot logo or any where and wants to reflash firware using sony tool

follow below steps

as our phone's batter is non removable its quite odd but once u understand its easy

first understand this

to use sony tool we have to connect our phone in flash mod to pc
and

and to do so remove back cover and connect your phone in any mod with pc via usb cable

and then press hardreset button

so that your phone will reboot and connect in charging mod

now remove data cable so your phone will turn off

now that your phone is turn off every thing is done

you just need to sony update tool open it and connect your phone in flash mod

and taadaa

its done
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chauhanjayc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

freddyyug
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikardo03 View Post
Thanks bro...this worked for me. i too install engine bravia but stuck at animation boot. i try to flash using flashtool but doesn't work. i try this method and worked awsome.

Korris
Old
Thanks Meter 2
i was updating the new firmware then my phone restarted and stuck at SONY logo , i tried wipe cache , data factory reset but its useless , my phone still stuck at sony logo . i tried to connect pc companion to repair but it cant install firmware . can you help me

chauhanjayc
Old
Thanks Meter 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korris View Post
i was updating the new firmware then my phone restarted and stuck at SONY logo , i tried wipe cache , data factory reset but its useless , my phone still stuck at sony logo . i tried to connect pc companion to repair but it cant install firmware . can you help me
have you got the solution ?