Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,484 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Yellow triangle of death?

Tip us?

ergon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Yellow triangle of death?

Got the yellow triangle with " unauthorized software found on your device. Return to authorized Verizon dealer." I was trying to return this to stock and the directions on Odin said the bootloader had to be locked. I took the EZunlock and locked it back then all hell broke loose. Any ideas?

droidstyle
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3320

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergon View Post
Got the yellow triangle with " unauthorized software found on your device. Return to authorized Verizon dealer." I was trying to return this to stock and the directions on Odin said the bootloader had to be locked. I took the EZunlock and locked it back then all hell broke loose. Any ideas?
where did u read the bootloader had to be locked? all u need to do is odin back to stock, root, unlock bootloader.
Devices:
VZW Galaxy Note III Dev. Edition
VZW Galaxy S III
Asus T. Prime
---------
VZW Galaxy S Fascinate GUIDE
VZW Galaxy S III GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note II GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note III GUIDE
The Following User Says Thank You to droidstyle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

josh995
Old
Thanks Meter 142
All you need to do is download Odin, and and whatever tar file you want, boot phone into download (volume down, home, power), select yes when it asks are you sure, open Odin, select the tar file and start. Easy schmeasy

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
Have had way too many phones to list. Currently HTC One on Verizon Wireless.
I like Apple & Android equally. Shocker, I know.

cvbcbcmv
Old
Thanks Meter 205

DONATE TO ME
Don't over think it. This is simply happening because the bootloader is locked and your trying to run a custom rom. Just restore to stock and you're fine.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Device history:
Palm Pre Plus (2009)-lit on fire
Droid Eris (2010)-sold
Droid Incredible (2010)-sold
HTC Rezound (2011)-returned on GN release date
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (2011)-Lost it :/
Kindle Fire (2012)-Collecting Dust
Nexus 7 (2012)-Current tablet-Clean rom
Samsung Galaxy S3 Pebble Blue (2012)-Sold
Samsung Galaxy S4 White Frost (2013)-Current Phone

Brian Gove
Old
Thanks Meter 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergon View Post
You rebooted your phone after locking the bootloader. You shouldn't have done that. Your issue isn't unfixable tho, not by any means. IIRC VRALF2 I'm pretty sure is the only stock image that doesn't re-lock the bootloader(I haven't tested all of them). If you choose VRALG1 that will re-lock the bootloader for you when you flash it, it did for me the other day when I started over.

Just boot into download mode and flash the G1 thru Odin then do a factory wipe and you should be fine. I'm 99% sure you didn't trip the flash counter doing this, someone else chime in on this please?

And make sure you use PDA mode when you use Odin and don't unplug your phone from it until it says finished(even if it says removed, let it continue rebooting and doing its thing before unplugging. The Start and Cancel buttons should 'come back to life' when it's ok)
-PLEASE check out this Guide before asking how to do something(Your answer could be there already)

Devices:
  • Thumb and Pinky
  • Tin Can and String
  • Nokia Dumbphone
  • Motorola Droid X

Current:
  • Samsung Galaxy SIII
  • Google Nexus 7
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014

nghtrain88
Old
(Last edited by nghtrain88; 24th October 2012 at 08:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 16
This might be the source the OP was referring to:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=odin+to+stock

Although it clearly says to NOT reboot after re-locking your bootloader, it does say that the first step is to lock it before flashing to stock via Odin. Further down in the thread he says he'll remove it from the guide, but I don't think flashing stock via Odin locks the BL so if youre trying to return it to Verizon I would lock it first.

Brian Gove
Old
Thanks Meter 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrain88 View Post
This might be the source the OP was referring to:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=odin+to+stock

Although it clearly says to NOT reboot after re-locking your bootloader, it does say that the first step is to lock it before flashing to stock via Odin. Further down in the thread he says he'll remove it from the guide, but I don't think flashing stock via Odin locks the BL so if youre trying to return it to Verizon I would lock it first.
Certain stock images do. I've had g1 lock and I've read that he will to.

Don't get me wrong, locking it yourself prior to flashing thru Odin is a good thing to do just to make sure. It's easier than having to re-root just to lock it then flash all over again.
-PLEASE check out this Guide before asking how to do something(Your answer could be there already)

Devices:
  • Thumb and Pinky
  • Tin Can and String
  • Nokia Dumbphone
  • Motorola Droid X

Current:
  • Samsung Galaxy SIII
  • Google Nexus 7

droidstyle
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3320

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Gove View Post
Certain stock images do. I've had g1 lock and I've read that he will to.

Don't get me wrong, locking it yourself prior to flashing thru Odin is a good thing to do just to make sure. It's easier than having to re-root just to lock it then flash all over again.
the only stock rom i have found that locks the bootloader is vralhd... are you sure g1 locked your bootloader because i thought we had this conversation already lol? unless your returning the device, why would you even want to lock it back up?
Devices:
VZW Galaxy Note III Dev. Edition
VZW Galaxy S III
Asus T. Prime
---------
VZW Galaxy S Fascinate GUIDE
VZW Galaxy S III GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note II GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note III GUIDE

Brian Gove
Old
Thanks Meter 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidstyle View Post
the only stock rom i have found that locks the bootloader is vralhd... are you sure g1 locked your bootloader because i thought we had this conversation already lol? unless your returning the device, why would you even want to lock it back up?
Yeah, I meant HD, not HE.

We did, but that was when I flashed F2. F2 doesn't lock it, but a week or so ago I had to flash back to stock to start over, used G1 and it re-locked my bootloader on me.

One of these days when I'm bored I'll sit down and try them all just to double check too.

Devices:
  • Thumb and Pinky
  • Tin Can and String
  • Nokia Dumbphone
  • Motorola Droid X

Current:
  • Samsung Galaxy SIII
  • Google Nexus 7

agnewton
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvbcbcmv View Post
Don't over think it. This is simply happening because the bootloader is locked and your trying to run a custom rom. Just restore to stock and you're fine.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I am having the same issue but when I go to restore back to stock Odin says it has completed 100% but when the phone reboots I get the triangle again. Please help.