No registration required
Thread Closed

Smile [APP][4.0+][SMS App] Emu Messenger Beta

OP gummihaf

16th August 2013, 07:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 44

46 posts
Emu Messenger Beta is an SMS app for Android which allows you to share your location with anyone and get messages re-sent at a later moment, for example when you get home.

Download by pointing your Android at http://emu.is/download
(Direct Download for those in regions without Play Store access.)
  • Marco? Polo! Look for magic buttons on messages like, "Where are you?" Tap to send a map of your location – that updates as you move around.
  • Sometimes you get a message at the wrong time. Remember to take out the trash! Pay the rent when you get home! Emu has the answer, with Yo-yo. Swipe across a message and have it re-sent to yourself when you get home, to work, when you get up in the morning, or when you leave wherever you are.
  • Push to Talk: Running late? Hands full? Press and hold anywhere in a chat, then speak to send a message. There is no step three.

It all works over SMS/MMS, just use it instead of your built in Messages app, so no need to invite all your friends.

Send us your feedback to feedback@emu.is and especially if you'd like to join our labs program to get a sneak preview of some nifty upcoming features.

Mod Edit: Please note that download links are broken
Last edited by justmpm; 15th March 2014 at 09:01 AM.
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to gummihaf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th August 2013, 05:56 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 474

934 posts
I'll give this a try. Always looking for a solid sms/mms replacement which is not common.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnnyEpic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th August 2013, 06:47 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

46 posts
Thanks! Let us know what you think - feedback@emu.is
The Following User Says Thank You to gummihaf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th August 2013, 07:31 PM   |  #4  
Flag Piedmont
Thanks Meter: 22

34 posts
More
Thumbs up Very Nice!!!
Definitely one of my favorite messaging apps. I love the ease and functionalities. It's a breath of fresh air from the typical SMS app.. The tutorial is awesome. How do I get my messages to transition like that? I'm not a big fan of peach, but it's not a deal breaker by any means. Any chance for off-line voice typing? And how do I get in on the alpha testing?

Samsung Rugby Pro SGH-I547
Stock TW Android 4.1.2
The Following User Says Thank You to Anisrael For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th August 2013, 07:38 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I've been working with the OP on this app and really believe that it provides functionality beyond existing messaging apps. My personal favorite feature is being able to resend message when I get to home or work. This has saved me multiple times from forgetting things.
16th August 2013, 07:45 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 30

81 posts
More
Hello

i can't install it...it says device is not compatible.

I have a galaxy s3 with android 4.1.2

and i'm from germany...is the location the problem?

Thanks
16th August 2013, 08:21 PM   |  #7  

934 posts
Suggestion:

Needs at least basic theming ability. Chat bubbles and maybe a few color changing abilities.

Perhaps the ability to change 'yoyo' times. I get to work at 7. Ability to create the gps coordinates for Home and Work and/or other to effectively use yoyo in different scenarios.

Really liking the clean simple interface. Although the colors are a bit... not to my preference or mismatches my themes, it is very simple UI.

Samsung Galaxy s3
Sprint iteration running Kennyglass TPR Rom
Android 4.1.2

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

The marcopolo, slightly confused. Is it constantly updating my gps to them for 30 mins? Is there a way to shut it down? It doesn't request to turn on gps if its off.

A way to delete individual text and not entire thread would be nice.

How do i access the 'alpha' features? (obtain code)

Perhaps a feedback link inside the app.

A google+ thread. Join the xda beta testers community and get your app listed.

Will report more as I abuse.... Errr use.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

When doing voice to text, option to cancel with a timer before sending or ability to see txt prior to sending where send button is required. This will prevent me from being a post on 'Damnyouautocorrect.com'...

16th August 2013, 11:09 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

46 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcelBo

Hello

i can't install it...it says device is not compatible.

I have a galaxy s3 with android 4.1.2

and i'm from germany...is the location the problem?

Thanks

Unfortunately the app hasn't yet been posted in Germany, sorry.
16th August 2013, 11:20 PM   |  #9  
OP Member

46 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyEpic

Suggestion:

Needs at least basic theming ability. Chat bubbles and maybe a few color changing abilities.

Perhaps the ability to change 'yoyo' times. I get to work at 7. Ability to create the gps coordinates for Home and Work and/or other to effectively use yoyo in different scenarios.

Really liking the clean simple interface. Although the colors are a bit... not to my preference or mismatches my themes, it is very simple UI.

Samsung Galaxy s3
Sprint iteration running Kennyglass TPR Rom
Android 4.1.2

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

The marcopolo, slightly confused. Is it constantly updating my gps to them for 30 mins? Is there a way to shut it down? It doesn't request to turn on gps if its off.

A way to delete individual text and not entire thread would be nice.

How do i access the 'alpha' features? (obtain code)

Perhaps a feedback link inside the app.

A google+ thread. Join the xda beta testers community and get your app listed.

Will report more as I abuse.... Errr use.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

When doing voice to text, option to cancel with a timer before sending or ability to see txt prior to sending where send button is required. This will prevent me from being a post on 'Damnyouautocorrect.com'...

Thanks for the great feedback, keep it coming. A few responses in the interim:
  • Re the yo-yo times, it should automatically detect your work and home location (might take 24-48 hours for a full cycle) at which point the times should go away; let me know if that doesn't happen for you.
  • Good point re deleting individual messages.
  • Ability to cancel speech message? Absolutely! Stay tuned
  • Email us at feedback@emu.is to get access to labs.
  • I looked at the XDA beta testers community and it didn't seem that active, perhaps we're talking about two different things? Do you have a link?
  • Themes - point taken, we'll mull on it.
17th August 2013, 12:34 AM   |  #10  

934 posts
Fantastic. Thanks for the quick response.

One issue with the work detection. (I've raised this on a few apps regarding location awareness) I'm a general contractor and I'm usually bounching between several different locations throughout my day. If just a specific time set or perhaps a yoyo to 'Set specific time'. This would make a good work around. I get dozens of text per day that I'd like to re-text me. I've been using Google Keep but its getting chaotic inside the app. I was using a reminders notification app (notif pro) but I need my notifications for emails and other stuff. Great idea. I'm really liking the concept.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Yes, the Xda beta thingy on there isn't super active but the very few teaters there are very thorough and look for bugs/errors. They go beyond the use it as you would usage. Just a thought to ponder.

Will email for alpha code. Hope to get in.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
app, chat, location based service, sms
Previous Thread Next Thread