Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 40,639 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] sdcard mount and unmount issue

Tip us?

dicks93277
Old
(Last edited by dicks93277; 15th March 2014 at 12:39 AM.) Reason: additional describing my problem
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] sdcard mount and unmount issue

I can't find any quick and noob-friendly resolution to the problem so if you got the easy one please help... thank you

I found that some of my photos were "broken", then I thought the sdcard may be the one that caused this..
after that, I used the unmount button in settings>storage, but it just "stucked" and no unmount , so I just pull the sdcard out from my phone
then backup with acronis true image 2014, then "fully" format the card, test the card with h2testw, restore the data with acronis true image 2014,
and checked my restored files on computer, hmm... is ok now, but when I replugged the card to my phone, my phone just can't read or write any file/folder on that card...
tried with other sdcard..I found that the phone shows the information for the sd card is the one before I unplugged it...

pls help me!! please...
I don't want to wipe my phone...

MgudFrn
Old
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicks93277 View Post
I can't find any quick and noob-friendly resolution to the problem so if you got the easy one please help... thank you

I found that some of my photos were "broken", then I thought the sdcard may be the one that caused this..
after that, I used the unmount button in settings>storage, but it just "stucked" and no unmount , so I just pull the sdcard out from my phone
then backup with acronis true image 2014, then "fully" format the card, test the card with h2testw, restore the data with acronis true image 2014,
and checked my restored files on computer, hmm... is ok now, but when I replugged the card to my phone, my phone just can't read or write any file/folder on that card...
tried with other sdcard..I found that the phone shows the information for the sd card is the one before I unplugged it...

pls help me!! please...
I don't want to wipe my phone...
I'm not sure it will help or not but you can give it a try coz I fixed the same issue with my phone before:
First remove you battery and let it be like this until you connect your sdcard to the pc. Then open command prompt and type this:
chkdsk /f G:
Here replace G: with the drive with your sdcard.
After this try to mount your sdcard back to your phone.

dicks93277
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Oh...I see.
Thanks for reply...
I will try later...
Btw my sdcard is readable now
But the missing photo still not fixed I think I will wait til I pass my middle exam

Sent from my HTC_Desire_200 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app