Sprint Htc One Max New easy sim unlock method

Search This thread

nikme

Dec 7, 2011
Sprint Htc One Max Gsm Unlock 100%working new easy method in stock 4.3 rom no need to be de-odexed
Prerequisite
Unlock bootloader from htc dev
s-off using firewater s-off tool and root
downlaod root explorer and htconesimunlockhelper from playstore
Download HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk attached in this post

step-1 install root explorer and htc one simunlock helper

step-2 use root explorer and rename HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk and HTCOMADM_SPCS.odex to something else (like HTCOMADM_SPCS2.apk and HTCOMADM_SPCS.2odex) from /system/app Directory now copy the HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk attached in this post make sure you have set the permissiom rw-r-r and reboot.

step-3 open htc on sim unlock helper on your phone it will say htc one device check fail now click the 3 menu dot and click on display sim unlock log then hit the back button it should say Device Verified, now hit start and scroll down to simlock it will freeze for few seconds and then press back button it should be successful reboot now and pop in your gsm sim

step-4 if your phone doesnt automatically show gsm signal go to setting-mobile data-network mode to gsm only or dial *#*#4636#*#* and select phone information and from thr drop down menu gsm auto prl.set you apn settings and you are good to go.

step-5 delete the modified HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk and rename the original HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk and HTCOMADM_SPCS.odex to original state which we renamed in previous steps to avoid vdm client stopped error.

credit for modified HTCOMADM_SPCS.APK chas123 also used in HTC ONE unlock

Attachments

• HtcOMADM_SPCS.apk
    1.1 MB · Views: 11,573
Last edited:

mylord2014

Mar 28, 2014
Descriptive

Can you make the steps more clear? How to change permissions of the file? Where to place the file? All other steps?

andrewjt19

Sprint Htc One Max Gsm Unlock 100%working new easy method in stock 4.3 rom no need to be de-odexed
Prerequisite

step-2 use root explorer and rename HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk and HTCOMADM_SPCS.odex to something else (like HTCOMADM_SPCS2.apk and HTCOMADM_SPCS.2odex) from /system/app Directory now copy the HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk attached in this post make sure you have set the permissiom rw-r-r and reboot.

step-3 open htc on sim unlock helper on your phone it will say htc one device check fail now click the 3 menu dot and click on display sim unlock log then hit the back button it should say Device Verified, now hit start and scroll down to simlock it will freeze for few seconds and then press back button it should be successful reboot now and pop in your gsm sim

step-4 if your phone doesnt automatically show gsm signal go to setting-mobile data-network mode to gsm only or dial *#*#4636#*#* and select phone information and from thr drop down menu gsm auto prl.set you apn settings and you are good to go.

step-5 delete the modified HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk and rename the original HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk and HTCOMADM_SPCS.odex to original state which we renamed in previous steps to avoid vdm client stopped error.

Is there something like this for the Verizon model?

TappEd from my Note II

Check out my website for encouragement....

www.projectintercession.blogspot.com

andrewjt19

Verizon htc one max works for gsm(global)out of the box though US carriers like AT&T and t-mobile will not work.

I guess what I meant was can this device he used solely on a GSM network. I may be misunderstanding this thread intent. I was thinking this is about network unlocking from one carrier phone to another.

TappEd from my Note II

Check out my website for encouragement....

www.projectintercession.blogspot.com

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
Verizon htc one max works for gsm(global)out of the box though US carriers like AT&T and t-mobile will not work.
This is flat out incorrect. Verizon max can be used on all us carriers although there will be radio bands (mainly lte) that will not work on those carriers.

I guess what I meant was can this device he used solely on a GSM network. I may be misunderstanding this thread intent. I was thinking this is about network unlocking from one carrier phone to another.
You can use this thread to unlock a sprint Max to work on an international cdma carrier (read: no US).

Reactions: Debbeck

nikme

Dec 7, 2011
This is flat out incorrect. Verizon max can be used on all us carriers although there will be radio bands (mainly lte) that will not work on those carriers.

You can use this thread to unlock a sprint Max to work on an international cdma carrier (read: no US).

This thread is to unlock htc one max to work on any international GSM carrier not CDMA

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
This thread is to unlock htc one max to work on any international GSM carrier not CDMA
Sim unlock 'should' unlock the phone for any sim. That means the cdma bands it has should be open for use on international cdma carriers as well. Im obv on Verizon but think it would be useful for international folks to know if it unlocks cdma bands.

Reactions: nickmus

nikme

Dec 7, 2011
Sim unlock 'should' unlock the phone for any sim. That means the cdma bands it has should be open for use on international cdma carriers as well. Im obv on Verizon but think it would be useful for international folks to know if it unlocks cdma bands.

To unlock CDMA bands there is a different process which needs specific tools like CDMA work shop or DFS

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
To unlock CDMA bands there is a different process which needs specific tools like CDMA work shop or DFS
One of us is confused...

'Sim' unlock allows you to put in a sim from a carrier that is not the phones original carrier and it work. This does not unlock any additional radio bands but uses the existing bands already available on the phone. In the case of Sprint Max it has some cdma bands and some gsm bands in the hardware.

So if you sim unlock the Sprint Max it should allow someone with an international cdma carrier (or gsm carrier) sim to use it.

Please tell us if you understand differently.

nikme

Dec 7, 2011
Mate u need to be a CDMA programmer to understand that
Do u understand nv mode and ruim mode? Sprint one max is programmed to work on nv mode so to flash to other carriers you need spc code to enable diag mode and do nv programming.
But for gsm u pop in ur sim after this method and start using your gsm sim.
People who understand and have liked my post and made use of it
For u to understand first get into details of CDMA programming.

Reactions: rogeliomalpa

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
So Im still not sure we are talking the same thing. This thread is about sim unlocking the Sprint Max so it can be used globally. The fact you say you are sim unlocking it for use on gsm is not technically relevant. It is likely already globally unlocked for use. This method is just to get around asking Sprint to globally sim unlock it. It likely can already technically be used on a lot of international cdma carriers.

killcreek

Sep 20, 2011
Can anyone help me out.????
I am using HTC ONE MAX SPRINT with firewater S-off using Skydragon Sprint ROM.
I replaced the file using file manager as described and changed the file permission and rebooted the device.
Than i opened SIM UNLOCKER application and when i click START, nothing happens. Just stays on the screen..
Could anyone please point out what i am missing which is causing this issue.?????

nikme

Dec 7, 2011

I replaced the file using file manager as described and changed the file permission and rebooted the device.

Than i opened SIM UNLOCKER application and when i click START, nothing happens. Just stays on the screen..

Could anyone please point out what i am missing which is causing this issue.?????

No need for sky dragon rom
Read this topic and u can unlock in stock rom only easily.

killcreek

Sep 20, 2011

Thanks fore replying.
However i was able to figure about the issue myself.
The reason why SimUnlockerHelper was not going past the START button screen was that the below SETTING was turned off in Settings menu of the Phone.

Unknown Sources - Allow installation of apps from unknown sources - UNCHECKED

Probably this might be the reason for some of them who reported saying that nothing would happen after clicking on START button on SimUnlockerHelper application

rekamyenom

Sep 20, 2010
Clearwater
Thanks fore replying.
However i was able to figure about the issue myself.
The reason why SimUnlockerHelper was not going past the START button screen was that the below SETTING was turned off in Settings menu of the Phone.

Unknown Sources - Allow installation of apps from unknown sources - UNCHECKED

Probably this might be the reason for some of them who reported saying that nothing would happen after clicking on START button on SimUnlockerHelper application

Always Something Simple (sometimes)... Glad you got it working !!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Prerequisite

I can't find the attachment. Maybe I'm having a simple moment

attachment HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk added

Wow, Nice work
    I can't download the sim unlock helper from the market. Was it removed?

Sent from my HTC One Max on Adrenaline using XDA Free mobile app

yes, was removed.. but you can open the menu with terminal emulator (search in playstore)

once open terminal emulator type "su" hit enter and grant permissions
    and then type "am start com.redbend.vdmc/com.htc.omadm.test.TestMainActivity" (copy and paste it) hit enter.
    this will open the menu.>> scroll down and look for Sim Unlock and select it. >>reboot

Done.